Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins make 2-year offer Harrington./ Joey Harrington Threads

raybo65 said:
i think maddox would be a better pick as a backup qb and it would not cost us a drat pick. .....just a note ive been viewing this site for a long time and this is my first reply but count on more from this big time fin fan in iowa

makes sense

For those who are complaining about losing draft picks, you do realize we're in a good position to trade down right?

Plus, this is a very deep draft class. We can get impact players/solid contributers in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th. Plus, as I said we're in a position to trade down for more picks. History shows that a majority of draft day trades happen between picks 10 and 20.

if we get harrington, we will be set at the Qb position for years to come

Out of who is/was out there Collins was my first choice. Since we couldnt get him Joey is my second choice.

ChambersWI said:
Plus, this is a very deep draft class. We can get impact players/solid contributers in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th. Plus, as I said we're in a position to trade down for more picks. History shows that a majority of draft day trades happen between picks 10 and 20.

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. Jeez :shakeno:

what's interesting is that we play the Lions on Thanksgiving

wouldn't it be awesome if we let Harrington start that game and he racks up 321 yards & 3 TD's in a rout over Detroit on national TV

you think that would drive his price up in the offseason. i bet he would be begging to start that game if we traded for him.

i hope Culpepper does the same against the Vikings when we play them

Riddle me this.

Isn't this guy only a project at this point? If we only sign him for 2 years and develop him into a decent player behind Culpepper, isn't he only going to then be let go after those 2 years? I don't see the point in having him as a backup if he isn't proven. He is not going to play and if he does end up playing and doing well we are gonna get nothing for him. Makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm not seeing something Saban is seeing.

CrunchTime said:
If we find ourselves with too many QBs in the future we can always trade one of them and get some picks back.

So really, we might just be "loaning" out picks out. Or maybe we are "investing" the picks. Invest a seventh or 2, our stock (Harrington) rises, we reap the dividends this year with Dante out for awhile and we sell our stock when the market is high! So Joey is like a mutual fund?

this guy is perfect he is are future hes young and will learn alot from culpepper..watch out for this guy in the future

Ol' Saint Nick said:
Riddle me this.

Isn't this guy only a project at this point? If we only sign him for 2 years and develop him into a decent player behind Culpepper, isn't he only going to then be let go after those 2 years? I don't see the point in having him as a backup if he isn't proven. He is not going to play and if he does end up playing and doing well we are gonna get nothing for him. Makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm not seeing something Saban is seeing.

2 points

1. Insurance versus Daunte not coming back healthy
2. If he has a good first season we trade him next year for a 3rd or 4th rounder an get another backup

wpgfishfan said:
2 points

1. Insurance versus Daunte not coming back healthy
2. If he has a good first season we trade him next year for a 3rd or 4th rounder an get another backup

Insurance? I know there isn't much out there at this point but how exactly is this guy insurance. Rather get one of the older veterans out there if we are simply making this move for insurance.

However, if this move is made for strictly stock purposes to get a higher draft selection next year. Then I believe it's bad news that Saban is trying to get this done so badly. Meaning that he believes Culpepper isn't going to be ready for awhile and still may linger throughout the whole season.

Back
Top Bottom