MERGED: Dolphin's Rumored OffSeason Plan.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CRAZYDOLFAN305, Oct 10, 2012.

1. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

2. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

You can take this as both a good, and bad thing. I'd say it's more on the bad side if the dude signs countless players while 5% of them turn out.

3. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

It better be.

4. CRAZYDOLFAN305

I guess, or maybe it was coaching? Why would other coaches and GM's bring those guys in if they all sucked so bad? And if they sucked so bad how are they finding ways to remain on NFL teams. And if that's the case the other GM's had the same quantity of players, but more of them are no longer in the league. Now, I would understand that some of those GM's probably have hit on more impact players than Ireland, but still that's impressive.

5. littlemarino

littlemarino Dan is the Man

That article makes Ross sound like a real Richard. Sounds like he is dissing the two solid receivers the dolphins already have.

6. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

7. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

I'm giving Ireland one last chance to get this right. We have a solid nucleus but we still need more playmakers. Ireland will have close to $10-$20 millon left in cap space after re-signing our own free agents and were loaded with draft picks so he has the ammunition. If he gives me bowe, wallace, jennings, or a couple studs out of the draft I will be happy. We still need a seem threat TE, another pass rusher, a boundary corner so we can put marshall back at the nickel where he belongs, and we need an upgrade at FS.

8. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

I don't blame him...it's a fair assessment given neither one of those guys had ever had a 100-yard receiving game before this season and we're still struggling in the red zone due to not having a WR that can win on the outside. Hartline is an excellent route runner, very good at the double move which is how he gets behind the defense but that doesn't work in the red zone in a condensed area.

What I don't like is that he said all these things to the employees in confidence and someone goes blabbing to the media about it. If I were him I'd either fire them all or no longer hold town hall meetings to keep them informed of the direction of the team. Sorry, I have this military background where when things are said in confidence it's meant to be kept in house. Loose lips sink ships as we used to say in the Navy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  9. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

thats my top choice, tannehill needs a big body threat, then draft tavon austin in the second round and go into next year with bowe, hartline, bess, austin, gaffney, thats a nice WR core, and give me a seem threat TE too.

10. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Just like we will get Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden....

Let Joe and his staff figure out what they want to do and grab a seat with the rest of us, Steve...

11. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

It's a bad thing all the way around. I thought Ross was learnig to let the GM and Head Coach manage and coach the team.

He needs to learn how to be a REAL NFL owner and stop trying to be Jerry Jones.

If we pay an enormous amount for WR like we did with Marshall that impacts how the entire Offense gets handled.

It is not the way that great teams are made. Look at how the Steelers, Giants and Pats deal with WR's. They draft them or sign mid to low range free agents.

12. datruth55

He's not even on my list. Dude drops entirely too many passes. He's just a slightly better version of Braylon Edwards IMO. Heck he had one bounce off his hands last week that got intercepted. I'm pretty sure Philbin's #1 thing for a WR is catching the ball consistently. That's the reason Rishard Matthews made the team and B.J. Cunningham did not. You can teach a WR to run routes, you can teach him the plays, how to read defenses but inconsistent hands...that almost never changes. Guys who drop balls will always drop balls...like Brandon Marshall, like Chris Chambers, like Braylon Edwards and like Dwayne Bowe.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

When he puts a Victoria Secret in the stadium you can compare him to Jerry Jones.

13. Phinatic8u

LOLWUT?

Ross got his guy in Philbin.

14. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

How dare Ross comment on the thing he owns.

15. Phinatic8u

Greg Jennings IF he can get healthly.

16. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I agree but my only fear is that once over the 30 mark his injuries will linger....otherwise very solid candidate.

17. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

I really hope we don't trade picks for a player Unless it's used to trade up in the draft. Usually they are getting traded for a reason, and they're going to need a contract restructure. I think we need to keep on drafting players. I just don't like the idea of trading picks, then having to give boat loads of money. Marshall taught us it really doesn't work out too well.

Just my opinion. I'll likely get flamed, but I just don't see any receiver that's worth 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Teams just don't deal legit stars everyday.

18. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

Huh? Everyone with a pulse knows they still have to address the WR position at some point

19. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I made a nice long post breaking down the points of what Ross said and asked people to answer a simple question of what did Ross say that was so wrong? Or how any of us think any different. Sadly it seems to have disappeared when the threads got merged.

20. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

If you are playing poker with 31 BILLIONAIRES would you broadcast to all of them exactly what you are going to do with every chip and card?

That is a sure way to lose, isn't it?

Especially when you are already paying millions to profesionals to make those decisions. You can be sure that no GM in the NFL would be broadcasting what they want to do if they want to succeed.

21. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

He was talking to team employees, not broadcasting it on ESPN or NFL Network. The problem isn't what he said, it is that the people he is paying to do their jobs is blabbing to the press.

22. Sean

Sean Just Win, Baby

Honestly, I'd rather draft one. Go snag woods, maybe he'll eliminate the USC curse.

23. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

Ok so we are going to TRY and get a top receiver for the team. That's news?

24. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

To much is being made out of the word getting out. It's not hard for a fan with average knowledge to see the weaknesses of the team and whats available in FA and the draft. I am inclined to think that Jennings would be a target but I doubt if he leaves the Packers. The draft is most likely where they acquire the future. Doesn't mean they won't sign a mid tier guy but that goes against how Philbin builds a team.

25. Virginia99

Virginia99 Scout Team

Ross' number one priority should be to let his football staff figure out what the number 1 priority is. Just go get 1-2 good WR's that have good speed and care about running good routes on every play.
    And most importantly, aren't diva a-holes and get along with their teammates. Is that too much to ask?

26. datruth55

Pass...Not sure how a receiver in college, in that pass happy offense, can average less than 9 yards a catch and be expected to be an impact player at the NFL level.

27. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

CURRENTLY in the NFL meaning they've obviously turned out to be on an NFL roster somewhere, stop with the hate jesus

28. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

a

Thats just people looking to hate on Ross. Everyone knows we don't have a true number 1, that's not a slight on Hartline or Bess. The guy owns the team, he is allowed an opinion- especially when he is talking to his own employees rather than the media.

29. damanref10

damanref10 Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Things about this kid's game reak of college production not translating to big time playmaker in the pros. Give me justin hunter all day

30. CRAZYDOLFAN305

He was talking privately with team employees not to the whole world. Smdh

31. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

But he's right? We should make trying to upgrade the WR position an offseason priority. And quite frankly, if it takes Steve Ross pressuring the front office for the team to realize that we need to bring in explosive playmakers, then good for Steve Ross!

32. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

The interesting thing was him talking about packaging together picks to acquire one if necessary.

33. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

wow, this Ireland thing will never stop til he's either gone or we win a superbowl. Then the threads will be countless with posters telling us they were right about Ireland one way or another........That's what's all about on this site for some people. They just want to be right so bad. I'm not an Ireland fan and at the same time I don't blame him for everything either.I'm not sure he can get us a superbowl but I hope I'm wrong and he gets it done.I just want our team to win and don't care about being right or wrong.

Ozzy rules!!

34. datruth55

I've seen some very inconsistent hands from Hunter as well...not liking what I've seen from him this year. If he comes out I'll be interested to see if he plays in the NFLPA all-star game, the only game underclassman can play in who've entered the draft, and how he does at the combine and workouts. He's dropped some easy, routine passes this year. The Florida game in particular was just a bad game for him.

Put it this way...Hunter on the season has 33 receptions for 456 yards and 4 TDs....16 receptions, 261 yards (16.3 ypc) and all 4 of his TDs came against Georgia State and Akron...the other 3 games (NCST, Florida and Georgia) have netted him the remaining 17 receptions, 195 yards (11.5 ypc) and 0 TDs.

35. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

If we package picks for any of those guys it's a huge blow to the position we're in right now. 5 picks in the fist three rounds is huge! Lets continue to build through the draft. Mike Wallace is the only one of those guys we should be thinking about. Keenan Allan and or Justin hunter need to be fins next year

36. uk_dolfan

Id rather we sign a free agent or draft one. I dont like giving up draft picks!

37. damanref10

damanref10 Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

can't argue with that production one bit truth.

I don't think hes going to be a first round WR coming out of the draft when it's all said and done. But I was referring more to the playmaking aspect of his game vs robert woods at the next level. He's got playmaker potential, big playmaker potential. And you cant teach size lol, hoping he falls somewhere in the mid to late 2nd. Makes it a worthwhile gamble to me

38. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

39. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Ross wants a real weapon for Tannehill?

Oh my god. How terrible and wrong thinking of him.

40. uk_dolfan

Having an opinion about something he owns :ponder: I bet no NFL owner has ever had a conversation with staff!