MERGED: Dolphin's Rumored OffSeason Plan. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphin's Rumored OffSeason Plan.

You can take this as both a good, and bad thing. I'd say it's more on the bad side if the dude signs countless players while 5% of them turn out.

You can take this as both a good, and bad thing. I'd say it's more on the bad side if the dude signs countless players while 5% of them turn out.

I guess, or maybe it was coaching? Why would other coaches and GM's bring those guys in if they all sucked so bad? And if they sucked so bad how are they finding ways to remain on NFL teams. And if that's the case the other GM's had the same quantity of players, but more of them are no longer in the league. Now, I would understand that some of those GM's probably have hit on more impact players than Ireland, but still that's impressive.

That article makes Ross sound like a real Richard. Sounds like he is dissing the two solid receivers the dolphins already have.

I'm giving Ireland one last chance to get this right. We have a solid nucleus but we still need more playmakers. Ireland will have close to $10-$20 millon left in cap space after re-signing our own free agents and were loaded with draft picks so he has the ammunition. If he gives me bowe, wallace, jennings, or a couple studs out of the draft I will be happy. We still need a seem threat TE, another pass rusher, a boundary corner so we can put marshall back at the nickel where he belongs, and we need an upgrade at FS.

That article makes Ross sound like a real Richard. Sounds like he is dissing the two solid receivers the dolphins already have.
I don't blame him...it's a fair assessment given neither one of those guys had ever had a 100-yard receiving game before this season and we're still struggling in the red zone due to not having a WR that can win on the outside. Hartline is an excellent route runner, very good at the double move which is how he gets behind the defense but that doesn't work in the red zone in a condensed area.

What I don't like is that he said all these things to the employees in confidence and someone goes blabbing to the media about it. If I were him I'd either fire them all or no longer hold town hall meetings to keep them informed of the direction of the team. Sorry, I have this military background where when things are said in confidence it's meant to be kept in house. Loose lips sink ships as we used to say in the Navy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dwayne Bowe (Chiefs). Bowe is a Miami native who starred at Norland High School.

thats my top choice, tannehill needs a big body threat, then draft tavon austin in the second round and go into next year with bowe, hartline, bess, austin, gaffney, thats a nice WR core, and give me a seem threat TE too.

Just like we will get Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden....

Let Joe and his staff figure out what they want to do and grab a seat with the rest of us, Steve...

It's a bad thing all the way around. I thought Ross was learnig to let the GM and Head Coach manage and coach the team.

He needs to learn how to be a REAL NFL owner and stop trying to be Jerry Jones.

If we pay an enormous amount for WR like we did with Marshall that impacts how the entire Offense gets handled.

It is not the way that great teams are made. Look at how the Steelers, Giants and Pats deal with WR's. They draft them or sign mid to low range free agents.

thats my top choice, tannehill needs a big body threat, then draft tavon austin in the second round and go into next year with bowe, hartline, bess, austin, gaffney, thats a nice WR core, and give me a seem threat TE too.
He's not even on my list. Dude drops entirely too many passes. He's just a slightly better version of Braylon Edwards IMO. Heck he had one bounce off his hands last week that got intercepted. I'm pretty sure Philbin's #1 thing for a WR is catching the ball consistently. That's the reason Rishard Matthews made the team and B.J. Cunningham did not. You can teach a WR to run routes, you can teach him the plays, how to read defenses but inconsistent hands...that almost never changes. Guys who drop balls will always drop balls...like Brandon Marshall, like Chris Chambers, like Braylon Edwards and like Dwayne Bowe.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

It's a bad thing all the way around. I thought Ross was learnig to let the GM and Head Coach manage and coach the team.

He needs to learn how to be a REAL NFL owner and stop trying to be Jerry Jones.

If we pay an enormous amount for WR like we did with Marshall that impacts how the entire Offense gets handled.

It is not the way that great teams are made. Look at how the Steelers, Giants and Pats deal with WR's. They draft them or sign mid to low range free agents.
When he puts a Victoria Secret in the stadium you can compare him to Jerry Jones.

How dare Ross comment on the thing he owns.

Back
Top Bottom