MERGED: Dolphin's Rumored OffSeason Plan. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphin's Rumored OffSeason Plan.

But he's right? We should make trying to upgrade the WR position an offseason priority. And quite frankly, if it takes Steve Ross pressuring the front office for the team to realize that we need to bring in explosive playmakers, then good for Steve Ross!

The interesting thing was him talking about packaging together picks to acquire one if necessary.

wow, this Ireland thing will never stop til he's either gone or we win a superbowl. Then the threads will be countless with posters telling us they were right about Ireland one way or another........That's what's all about on this site for some people. They just want to be right so bad. I'm not an Ireland fan and at the same time I don't blame him for everything either.I'm not sure he can get us a superbowl but I hope I'm wrong and he gets it done.I just want our team to win and don't care about being right or wrong.

Ozzy rules!!

Things about this kid's game reak of college production not translating to big time playmaker in the pros. Give me justin hunter all day
I've seen some very inconsistent hands from Hunter as well...not liking what I've seen from him this year. If he comes out I'll be interested to see if he plays in the NFLPA all-star game, the only game underclassman can play in who've entered the draft, and how he does at the combine and workouts. He's dropped some easy, routine passes this year. The Florida game in particular was just a bad game for him.

Put it this way...Hunter on the season has 33 receptions for 456 yards and 4 TDs....16 receptions, 261 yards (16.3 ypc) and all 4 of his TDs came against Georgia State and Akron...the other 3 games (NCST, Florida and Georgia) have netted him the remaining 17 receptions, 195 yards (11.5 ypc) and 0 TDs.

If we package picks for any of those guys it's a huge blow to the position we're in right now. 5 picks in the fist three rounds is huge! Lets continue to build through the draft. Mike Wallace is the only one of those guys we should be thinking about. Keenan Allan and or Justin hunter need to be fins next year

Id rather we sign a free agent or draft one. I dont like giving up draft picks!

I've seen some very inconsistent hands from Hunter as well...not liking what I've seen from him this year. If he comes out I'll be interested to see if he plays in the NFLPA all-star game, the only game underclassman can play in who've entered the draft, and how he does at the combine and workouts. He's dropped some easy, routine passes this year. The Florida game in particular was just a bad game for him.

Put it this way...Hunter on the season has 33 receptions for 456 yards and 4 TDs....16 receptions, 261 yards (16.3 ypc) and all 4 of his TDs came against Georgia State and Akron...the other 3 games (NCST, Florida and Georgia) have netted him the remaining 17 receptions, 195 yards (11.5 ypc) and 0 TDs.

can't argue with that production one bit truth.

I don't think hes going to be a first round WR coming out of the draft when it's all said and done. But I was referring more to the playmaking aspect of his game vs robert woods at the next level. He's got playmaker potential, big playmaker potential. And you cant teach size lol, hoping he falls somewhere in the mid to late 2nd. Makes it a worthwhile gamble to me

Having an opinion about something he owns :ponder: I bet no NFL owner has ever had a conversation with staff!

The lesson Ross should learn from this is he can't trust anyone in the Dolphins organization to not go blabbing away to the media. They should all be happy I'm not the owner cause I would find out who it was and fire them.

I agree. I typically defend Ross since at least he is willing to open the pocketbook as opposed to some NFL owners but this was stupid.

Ross is an easy target now for the media.
Would it have been so difficult to say something like "We will do whatever it takes to make the team better. I will spare no expense but I will leave the football decisions to my staff."

This type of talk not only goes against Philbins philosophy, it hurts morale of the current WR crew and declares our intentions to the agents of the FA WR class making negotiations more difficult.

What lesson? Commenting like the majority of other owners who reach deep in their pockets do? Or stepping in to stop the madness of signing and paying Orton? Or being bamboozled into signing Brandon Marshall or extending Carpenter? News Flash: It's his prerogative to say what the **** ever he wants so long as he supports his football people.

Back
Top Bottom