MERGED: Dolphins stadium to lose the s, new logo?\New Stadium Logo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins stadium to lose the s, new logo?\New Stadium Logo

there is nothing on that link.

I went to PFT's site and clicked the link from there. The page just simply isn't loading or something.

The link doesn't work for me either, it doesn't even work if you go to the website then try to go to that section?

Dolfan1034 said:
The link doesn't work for me either, it doesn't even work if you go to the website then try to go to that section?

That's what I tried. It still doesn't work.

I wonder if they had to pull it quickly and the best way was to kill the page after about the first three html tags. That's all I see in the source.

It's back up, with the story. Changing name to "Dolphin Stadium" with a new logo. It's definitely simpler and more modern. Not sure I like it better. But I would guess we'll be seeing a lot of it soon.

WOW. That is hideous. Can't find a reason to drop the S.

clear.gif

I most definitely do not like the inclusion of navy in the color scheme. Navy is not a traditional color of the Dolphins, and it should have been kicked to the curb when Wanny was kicked to the curb.

I like it as branding for the stadium only. The stadium should have its own logo. If I had to stare at that on a helmet, I'd vomit.

Here is the PFT blurb.

COREBOARD COMPANY LETS CAT OUT OF BAG FOR FINS
Earlier on Monday night, we reported that the Dolphins will unveil at a Saturday press conference "the creation of a national branding strategy for the stadium and unveil the new stadium logo." We thought it meant that the Fins would be selling the naming rights to Dolpins Stadium.

To the contrary, the Fins are merely changing the name of Dolphins Stadium to . . . Dolphin Stadium.

A reader advises us that the official web site of Daktronics, a South Dakota scoreboard and video display company, describes as one of its recent projects the installation of two large video displays at the venue, with a scheduled completion date of July 2006. In so doing, Daktronics discloses the new name of the stadium, including its new logo.
clear.gif
The broader question, as we see it, is whether the new Dolphin from the stadium logo eventually will replace the team's traditional cartoon-style, helmet-wearing marine mammal on the side of the player helmets.
Given that the team plans to unveil the new name at logo at a presser on Saturday, we have a feeling that owner Wayne Huizenga didn't anticipate that Daktronics would let the cat out of the bag. And we figure that, before too long, the "Recent Projects" link on the left side of the Daktronics site will be tweaked.

Back
Top Bottom