MERGED: Dolphins stadium to lose the s, new logo?\New Stadium Logo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins stadium to lose the s, new logo?\New Stadium Logo

yea i dont think that wayne would ever change our unis its got way too much history and tradition...for the stadium the logo is fine but i would go crazy if that would be our new logo

Jimmy James said:
It's called not killing the golden goose. That's why you haven't seen the Cowboys adding a sixth spoke to their star or the Raiders moving to a script "Raiders" across the helmet.

Some things are classic. The Dolphins logo is a classic.

Do you really think the Dolphins logo sells because its aesthetic appeal, or because of the team it's attached to?

We've currently got a goofy cartoon Dolphin as our logo. The damn thing looks like it should be hawking some sort of seafood entree, not representing a football team. No one buys the merchandise because they like seeing a surly looking cartoon Dolphin.

I want us to use the uniform we had before the one we have now.

Here's the Avant Garde style helmet that's been floating around forever. Anyone else notice the similarities?

Dolphins_alt_2-1.gif

Disgustipate said:
Do you really think the Dolphins logo sells because its aesthetic appeal, or because of the team it's attached to?

We've currently got a goofy cartoon Dolphin as our logo. The damn thing looks like it should be hawking some sort of seafood entree, not representing a football team. No one buys the merchandise because they like seeing a surly looking cartoon Dolphin.

You might want to change "No one" to "I" because I for one buy the logo, and do not see it as goofy. From the looks if this thread, plenty of people feel the same way.

I like the current logo, but if the new "stadium" logo turned into the team logo I could grow to love it.

Ozzy said:
You might want to change "No one" to "I" because I for one buy the logo, and do not see it as goofy. From the looks if this thread, plenty of people feel the same way.

Yup agreed. I wrote up this whole post about that comment but decided it wasn't worth bothering as there's no way the team is changing their symbol to that tripe. Dolphins gear sells well nationally due to it's popularity among woman as it's considered 'stylish' and it's a clean crisp look that stands out.

From what they are saying, this logo and title is all about the stadium. For now, anyway.

I don't mind the logo too bad, as long as the unis don't turn into those ugly new-age crappy looking things like the Broncos and Bills have. You know, the ones with the big stripe down the side...

And for God's sake, keep the Navy blue to a minimum.

Ozzy said:

Are you telling me that you buy your Dolphins merchandise not because of attraction or loyalty to the team, but because you like the logo?

Ozzy said:

I buy the stuff cause its my team.

txmedic5 said:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT ! !! ! I think that is a solid, great looking "STADIUM" logo. It is supposed to be business, i think it is highly marketable and very Crisp. This is something that i would wear on a golf shirt with no problems. The color scheme couldnt be any better. Personally i dont see whats not to like about it.

Now that being said, im 1 Million % against that being on our helmets or jerseys. I still want a change back to the old style.
i like your style bro

agree completely

Back
Top Bottom