MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

The Chargers, Buccaneers and Bengals have all had blackouts this season. The Bills were blacked out last season and had 15k tix available for Sunday a couple days ago.

I am sure you see the common denominator.

In short, go look at the beach and tell me where would you rather be? Miami beach or watching crappy game where the team comes out flat half the time...your examples do not have the scenery to match miami beach...you either go to the game or sit at home and feel sorry that you live in buffalo...:chuckle:

also Ill give you another reason...I had season tickets with my dad from 1996 - 2000...we sat on the opponents side, right side of the field at about the 30...the tickets were 38$ a ticket for those 4 years...now they are past 50...

Please don't give the finger wavers room for nuance. That's not the reason. NBA tickets cost more, and consumers flock to Miami to watch the Heat play.

The Chargers, Buccaneers and Bengals have all had blackouts this season. The Bills were blacked out last season and had 15k tix available for Sunday a couple days ago.

Wasting your time, they'll still use those teams as examples. The weird hatred they have for Miami and its residents is all that drives them.

Wasting your time, they'll still use those teams as examples. The weird hatred they have for Miami and its residents is all that drives them.

do they actually think by complaining to this forum everyday is actually goin to help though? i just dont see how complaining helps there cause. I dont mind locals givin me **** about not going to games, but out of towners just have no place to talk. They arent season ticket holders so they are contributing just as much as me.

do they actually think by complaining to this forum everyday is actually goin to help though? i just dont see how complaining helps there cause. I dont mind locals givin me **** about not going to games, but out of towners just have no place to talk. They arent season ticket holders so they are contributing just as much as me.
Have you ever been a season ticket holder? I have.

The Dolphins would be blacked out also if Ross and company didn't buy up the remaining tickets. Every Dolphins home game, except this week, would have been blacked out if they didn't buy up the rest. Thank Ross for no blackouts, not local attendance.

Couldn't be more wrong Gonzo, there is definitely no hate towards Miami or its residents. None whatsoever. Disappointment and embarrassed? Yes.

The Dolphins would be blacked out also if Ross and company didn't buy up the remaining tickets. Every Dolphins home game, except this week, would have been blacked out if they didn't buy up the rest. Thank Ross for no blackouts, not local attendance.

I'm glad Ross feels forced to spend money to ensure there's no blackout. That's the best way to send a strong message as a fan base that we will not tolerate what's been going on with this franchise for far too long.

If these type of threads can convince at least 1 person to go to the game, then it does help. Got to start somewhere getting this thing turned around.

Looks like I hit one since you didn't answer the question.

Why talk about the past, how does that help the team in anyway? were in need of season ticket holders now, in the past we sold out with no problems. when marino was around its was hard to find someone down here who wasnt a season ticket holder.

Why talk about the past, how does that help the team in anyway? were in need of season ticket holders now, in the past we sold out with no problems. when marino was around its was hard to find someone down here who wasnt a season ticket holder.
So then the team needs YOU now. You live in Miami now, I don't.

At what point do fans consider themselves vested into a team? Is it time? Do all we have to do is watch a team and claim them as our favorite? Is that all that's needed to be considered committed to a team? At what point does pride kick in and the obligation to see them in person take hold? These are serious questions. I tried to move back home twice, after I got out of the Navy and couldn't find a job in Miami and again in 2006 and again I couldn't find anything in Miami. If I were there I'd be at those games, and the Canes (for all their sports). As it is I go to away games for both the Dolphins and Canes quite a bit, Canes especially since I'm within 2 hours of every school in NC. I sit with the fans of those teams and I do my part to make some noise. That's part of being a fan IMO. So if you've never been to a game whether on the road or at home, ever, how is there not a disconnect there? If you're in another country then I can see the excuse but as an NFL fan in the U.S. the team is bound to play somewhere close (within 6 hours driving) where you can see them live. The experience live is 50 times better than on TV for me, I can watch the whole field and not just the ball.

Hoops and I went to see the Fins play in Baltimore a couple of years ago and I was decked in Fins gear from head to toe, in a hostile crowd, people giving me dirty looks...I love that stuff, it gets me pumped. We were awful that day and we could stop the little dump offs to Ray Rice but that was a great experience and I feel sorry for those that have never experienced a packed stadium and a raucous crowd, home or away. I can tell you once you've experienced it you'll think watching games on TV is inadequate.

So then the team needs YOU now. You live in Miami now, I don't.

At what point do fans consider themselves vested into a team? Is it time? Do all we have to do is watch a team and claim them as our favorite? Is that all that's needed to be considered committed to a team? At what point does pride kick in and the obligation to see them in person take hold? These are serious questions. I tried to move back home twice, after I got out of the Navy and couldn't find a job in Miami and again in 2006 and again I couldn't find anything in Miami. If I were there I'd be at those games, and the Canes (for all their sports). As it is I go to away games for both the Dolphins and Canes quite a bit, Canes especially since I'm within 2 hours of every school in NC. I sit with the fans of those teams and I do my part to make some noise. That's part of being a fan IMO. So if you've never been to a game whether on the road or at home, ever, how is there not a disconnect there? If you're in another country then I can see the excuse but as an NFL fan in the U.S. the team is bound to play somewhere close (within 6 hours driving) where you can see them live. The experience live is 50 times better than on TV for me, I can watch the whole field and not just the ball.

Hoops and I went to see the Fins play in Baltimore a couple of years ago and I was decked in Fins gear from head to toe, in a hostile crowd, people giving me dirty looks...I love that stuff, it gets me pumped. We were awful that day and we could stop the little dump offs to Ray Rice but that was a great experience and I feel sorry for those that have never experienced a packed stadium and a raucous crowd, home or away. I can tell you once you've experienced it you'll think watching games on TV is inadequate.

I have experienced it growing up, went to many games in the ricky days before he retired the first time and those games were packed. Went to a marino game also and that was the craziest crowd i ever seen. I'd love to be a season ticket holder but right now i cant afford it so i support them the way i can, threw my tv. Im a die hard fan, if i could be there i would be there every sunday.

I have experienced it growing up, went to many games in the ricky days before he retired the first time and those games were packed. Went to a marino game also and that was the craziest crowd i ever seen. I'd love to be a season ticket holder but right now i cant afford it so i support them the way i can, threw my tv. Im a die hard fan, if i could be there i would be there every sunday.

Tickets to the jaguars game are only $23.00. Can't ask for a better price other than free.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Up-To-4-TIX...?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item35bdaf1e7e

$24.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-TIX-Mia...?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item20cdd61db8

$25.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-TIX-Mia...?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1e74f0e416

$27.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-TIX-Mia...?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1e74f19615

Back
Top Bottom