MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium

The roof design could be better, but it pleases me to know that they'll be putting in more seats closer to the field.

The conceptuals look like the typical soccer stadiums in Europe in which the seats were covered but the field was open, and specifically like the AC Milan stadium (San Sirro sp?)

Despite common American misperception, the Cowboys didn't invent the parital roof stadium in the 1970's, European soccer stadiums had did this decades before due to harsh weather.

Either way, the best part is that the Upper Deck corner seats (the hardest to sell for games) will be gone and replaced by scoreboards. The lost seating there is made up by the extra seats closer to the field.

Basically all the newer NFL stadiums built in the last decade don't have upper deck corner seats, even in places with waiting lists for tickets that don't have trouble selling tickets like the Dolphins do.

Removing the orange seats to a darker colored seat would be good to. Even when the place is packed, the orange stands out and makes the place look empty. Its not a requirement for the seat colors to match the color of the teams uniforms (it seems like every MLB stadium has green seats and only 2-3 teams have green in their uniforms). I see games on TV all the time with stadiums with darker seats that hide the fact that the seats are empty. The Gator's Sugar Bowl game last week only had 65,000 in attendance for a place that holds 79-80,000 put the place looked jammed on the TV screen. By comparison, the Orange Bowl game had 66,000 and looked empty (seats covered up by tarps) for a place that can hold up to 78,000 for a college game.

My .02

Metal? Lightning attraction. Also wouldn't hurt to cut down on the overhang of the roof.

Love the change to the seats and the video boards in each corner.

The roof actually is necessary. That place is an oven early in the season, and Roger Goodell apparently still has a bad taste in his mouth from seeing all those corporate d-bags getting soaked the last time we hosted a Super Bowl. Also, a roof can amplify the sound for some much needed crowd noise.
I agree, but the corners need to be cut.

The roof actually is necessary. That place is an oven early in the season, and Roger Goodell apparently still has a bad taste in his mouth from seeing all those corporate d-bags getting soaked the last time we hosted a Super Bowl. Also, a roof can amplify the sound for some much needed crowd noise.

That roof will make it even worse. It will trap the hot air and bake the fans.

Who's brilliant idea was this?

I like the idea of moving the seats closer and painting them though. All that orange with the sun bouncing off it is hideous.

great!!! now we're going to have to hire more expensive and talented parachuters to make it in the hole. sounds like a waste of money to me.

Would huge fans or a air conditioner be placed strictly in some spots of the stadium to make it not so hot. I'm sure these people know what they are doing and will take the heat into consideration.

where did our super bowl flags go?
the design looks modern, i could live with it. id like to have a pair of the orange seats if they are replacing them. as much as ive spent in that stadium since it opened they should give me them for free.

It gets brutally hot in Texas too. Used to see early season games there with thousands of fans waving fans to cool themselves off.

Texas Stadium had a lot more air circulation in the early days when there was a space between the top of the upper level and the roof. Then in the 80's they built a ring of sykboxes around the stadium in that open space and the place became more of an oven.

Looks like a tennis stadium, but I don't mind. JoeProLandPhin is absolute hell until around December.

Omg That Roof Thing Is Hideous!!!

tell me that he's kidding, please!!! C'MON MAN!!! that "thing" looks (forgive me) completely retarded! if you're gonna give the place a roof, just cover if over with something like in Minnesota or Atlanta or something. but that frikkin look re-gawd-darn-diculous!!!

ps, Boss-Ross wants local taxpayers to ante up for that mess...good luck!

I found a few pictures of AC Milan's San Siro stadium (correct spelling this time) that I mentioned in my earlier post, along with one showing typical soccer fans twith flares and flags.

Attachments

• San_Siro 1.jpg
    San_Siro 1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 73
  • San_Siro 2.jpg
    San_Siro 2.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 62
  • San_Siro 3.jpg
    San_Siro 3.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 54
  • San_Siro 4.jpg
    San_Siro 4.jpg