MERGED: Dwight Freeney Please!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dwight Freeney Please!!

Should Ireland look into Freeney as a free agent signing?

• Yes

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters
I think we have to sign him just to keep him from going to NE and ruining our lives next year. He has owned Jake, that is supposing Jake is even here. I think he will go to someone else though, maybe the Giants or Falcons. Who knows. But I would love for us to get him.

Progress Stopper? Who knows.. We need sack artists! Brady's vulnerable now. I wouldn't complain if we signed Freeney to make him a little more uncomfortable in the pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Antwaan Barnes played hurt last year and had a mediocre year playing few snaps. The year before he had 11 sacks as a situational pass rusher.

Forget Freeny! He is done! Barnes is younger,cheaper, and a better pass rusher. Barnes isn't an option as a starting end or LB, but he is a great ST's player.

Antwaan Barnes played hurt last year and had a mediocre year playing few snaps. The year before he had 11 sacks as a situational pass rusher.

Forget Freeny! He is done! Barnes is younger,cheaper, and a better pass rusher. Barnes isn't an option as a starting end or LB, but he is a great ST's player.
If he returns to form I am with you bro.

Dwight Freeney Hitting Free Agency

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2013/02/15/dwight-freeney-free-agent/1923921/

One year after saying goodbye to longtime quarterback Peyton Manning, the Indianapolis Colts are parting with another of the franchise's all-time great players.
The team announced Friday that it would not attempt to re-sign Dwight Freeney, whose contract expired after the 2012 season.

I am posting this in the "Miami Dolphins Forum" because it has everything to do with our direction in free agency. I am not positive if this guy is going to demand an elite salary as likely his last NFL payday, but if we can sign this guy to a bargain deal, Ireland should jump all over it. We need to have a play maker on the opposite side of Wake badly, we cannot waste more of his prime years, this guy is special, and cannot take on 2-3 tackles every time the ball is snapped. In signing him, we could also focus on another position with our 1st rounder. Under these circumstances, I would take into consideration trading up for CB Dee Milliner and swapping our 12th pick with a top 8, and trading our 3a pick as well. Oh yeah, and every time I think of Freeney, I have that vivid image of him constantly thrashing and abusing Jake Long midway through last season. Good times. Thoughts?

Yes, but only as a fallback option should we fail to re-sign Randy Starks. Sign him to a two year deal and you then draft a DE with our second 2nd round pick and you have Vernon and that 2nd rounder backing him and Wake up and you move Odrick in to replace Starks and either re-sign McDaniel to back him up or you draft another DT in the late rounds to compete with Randall. But you try to re-sign Starks "first", of course. :)

No....his production has dropped off dramatically the last two years. He is done.

No....his production has dropped off dramatically the last two years. He is done.

First of all, 2012 was the first year in his career that he played 3-4 outside linebacker.
Second, he had 42 sacks between 2008-2011. 8.5 sacks in 2011, one of his "drop off" years.
Where do you get the indication that he is done?

two threads on him?

NO, no overpriced old men.

I'd be cautious. Dudes got some serious NFL mileage despite only being 32.

Always thought he was an overrated product of being on Peyton Manning's team. In his best statistical years, the Colts always had leads and opposing teams could never run the ball. He benefitted from being able to just rush the passer, never having to worry about playing stout against the run (also why Von Miller had 18.5 sacks this season...well that and playing bum teams all year). I'd pass.

Back
Top Bottom