Merged: ESPN Poll - Best AFC East team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: ESPN Poll - Best AFC East team

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2306

Poll: Are the Dolphins ready to challenge the Patriots?

Thank you for voting. See below for the results from across SportsNation.

(Your responses are in bold text.)

1) Which team will win the AFC East?

67.0% Miami Dolphins
30.4% New England Patriots
1.3% Buffalo Bills
1.3% New York Jets

2) How many teams will make the playoffs from the AFC East?

75.2% Two
24.0% One
0.9% Three

3) Which team has the best offense in the AFC East?

65.3% Miami Dolphins
33.2% New England Patriots
1.1% Buffalo Bills
0.4% New York Jets

4) Which team has the best defense in the AFC East?

57.2% Miami Dolphins
37.9% New England Patriots
3.0% Buffalo Bills
1.9% New York Jets

5) Who is the best coach in the AFC East?

52.5% Bill Belichick, Patriots
45.4% Nick Saban, Dolphins
1.1% Dick Jauron, Bills
1.1% Eric Mangini, Jets

6) Whit unit for the Bills is most likely to improve significantly?

83.0% Defense (32nd in the league last season)
17.0% Offense (28th in the league last season)

7) How many games will Daunte Culpepper start this season?

42.3% 15-16
34.8% 13-14
14.4% 11-12
8.6% 10 or fewer

8) The Dolphins remade their secondary, replacing Sam Madison, Tebucky Jones, Reggie Howard and Lance Schulters with Will Allen, Andre' Goodman, Renaldo Hill, Deke Cooper and Jason Allen. What's your take?

44.6% Minor upgrade
25.5% Significant upgrade
14.2% Minor downgrade
12.4% No change
3.2% Significant downgrade

9) Who will finish the season as New England's primary runner?

51.7% Corey Dillon
48.3% Laurence Maroney

10) Who will start the most games for the Jets at quarterback this season?

62.3% Patrick Ramsey
37.7% Chad Pennington

Total Votes: 467

LOL at the bills and jets haha. 1-2%. Holy crap we are winning. But I am excited and nervous at the same time. There are a lot of good teams in the AFC.

Dude this suprises me but i think it is more because of the splash we have made with key aqusitions and the strong finish to last year (against weak opponents and 2nd string teams) the patriots are still the patriots they got bit hard by injuries and still won the east. We will finish the season tied with the patriots and come in 2nd on the tie breaker and make the wild card for the playoffs NO SB though. the only key player the pats lost is the kicker every other Key player is or will be back and healthy

The Pats / Jets fans really don't care about polls. At least that's the impression I get from them these days....

The Jets and their fans know they're going to suck, so why bother right??...

The Pats fans are just too damn good to enter their vote. I like to call it "TBS" {"The Bruschi Syndrome"}. :lol:...

As for the Bills fans, they probably vote more than any other fanbase. I know they like to be high in any kind of poll they can find, and regardless of how bad they are, their fans will never accept it. As far as most of them are concerned, Marv / Jauron are the next great duo in Buffalo.....

I guess we all have our homers though. Even I voted for Saban {well knowing Belichick is better at this stage}....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

dont get carried away with Homerdom. Belichick has more SB rings (3) than saban has years as a NFL coach(1), Has won mor Playoff games (10)than Saban has won NFL games(9) and more years as a head coach (11) than saban has wins (9) ....so easy now

BLITZKRIEG said:
The Pats / Jets fans really don't care about polls. At least that's the impression I get from them these days....

The Jets and their fans know they're going to suck, so why bother right??...

The Pats fans are just too damn good to enter their vote. I like to call it "TBS" {"The Bruschi Syndrome"}. :lol:...

As for the Bills fans, they probably vote more than any other fanbase. I know they like to be high in any kind of poll they can find, and regardless of how bad they are, their fans will never accept it. As far as most of them are concerned, Marv / Jauron are the next great duo in Buffalo.....

I guess we all have our homers though. Even I voted for Saban {well knowing Belichick is better at this stage}....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Seriously if you have ever been to a Pats site, they are all so cold towards the rest of the league. They honestly believe they are the only team that will ever be good and don't know anything about any other teams. It's really annoying.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Seriously if you have ever been to a Pats site, they are all so cold towards the rest of the league. They honestly believe they are the only team that will ever be good and don't know anything about any other teams. It's really annoying.

There are going to be some really P.O'd Northeasterners this year.

DolphinDevil28 said:
There are going to be some really P.O'd Northeasterners this year.

Yes I do agree. I have posted on one of their sites before and I have been offerd bets for countless money saying that the Pats will win the divison. I've been told the race will be over by December, that the Fins are going to win 7 games tops and other ridiculous statements. I cannot wait till December when I can make every single one of them eat crow.

All my picks match the general consensus except the last one, although I don't think Pennington will start the whole season I think he will play more the Ramsey

Back
Top Bottom