[MERGED] Espn Puts The Stake In Salisbury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Espn Puts The Stake In Salisbury

Major Lunacy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
ESPN PUTS THE STAKE IN SALISBURY :hi5::woot:

As you likely already know, Sean Salisbury is out at ESPN. (I was out of pocket when the e-mail from ESPN announcing the departure came through the line.)​

The move was, in our view, long overdue. Per USA Today, Salisbury’s contract had expired. He likely sealed his fate with that disgraceful on-air dissing of John Clayton last month, during which Salisbury called Clayton the “Cryptkeeper.â€​

As regular visitors to this site know, we don’t care much for Salisbury. He’s loud, he’s a jerk, and far too often he speaks in sweeping absolutes. Also, he reportedly was suspended for showing cell-phone photos of his penis to colleagues at the network. Frankly, we’re surprised he lasted there as long as he did.​

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Thank god, between him, steven a smith, and skip bayless i didnt now which one i hated more

You know, part of me is sad here. Yes, Salisbary is one of the biggest morons on T.V. but it was a sheer pleasure watching John Clayton school him week in and week out on that 4 downs segment. Clayton would make a valid point and Salisbary would respond by saying, "I PLAYED, GO GET ME A TOWEL WATER BOY!" Well, Sean, you do know you guys are in journalism now, right? You guys aren't football players and the HALL OF FAMER is schooling you yet again.

Good riddance, Salisbary, you truly are scum.

This is great news for everyone but Salisbury, who'll just have to get his kicks by refuting Clayton by yelling at the tv in his living room.

Sean Salisbury Gets Canned

As you likely already know, Sean Salisbury is out at ESPN. (I was out of pocket when the e-mail from ESPN announcing the departure came through the line.)
The move was, in our view, long overdue. Per USA Today, Salisbury's contract had expired. He likely sealed his fate with that disgraceful on-air dissing of John Clayton last month, during which Salisbury called Clayton the "Cryptkeeper."
As regular visitors to this site know, we don't care much for Salisbury. He's loud, he's a jerk, and far too often he speaks in sweeping absolutes. Also, he reportedly was suspended for showing cell-phone photos of his penis to colleagues at the network. Frankly, we're surprised he lasted there as long as he did.
True to form, Salisbury is crowing about his departure.
"I have grown as much as I can at ESPN and decided to expand my horizons," Salisbury said in a statement. "I have created a brand and it's time to expand into other opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking, among others. My resume speaks for itself as a football analyst, and I believe I can talk all sports with the best of them."

From profootballtalk.com

One down, many more to go.

The only thing I will remember him for was his ridiculous character he played in The Benchwarmers.

Now if someone would show Tony Kornhole the door that would make my week.

Wow:woot::up:
Enough of the former pretty-boy (he bragged about impressing girls at USC by impersonating soap-opera actors) who's losing his looks, and was a college dud(when USC won his recruiting rights in 1981, he was expected to become John Elway, and was given #7), and a never was. I will definitely not miss his following the front-running group thought, that drags down a lot of ESPN's coverage. I will sort of miss when John Clayton made him look like a fool.;)

Considering that may have knew that his ESPN time was running short, he had been making appearences on the "Mark and Brian" radio show. (for those unfamiliar with them, they have been the morning DJ's on the ABC-owned Los Angeles based KLOS-FM for nearly three decades, and their show is syndicated in many West Coast markets)

He almost went to CBS 2 years ago as their #2 or #3 broadcast team as an analyst.

I expect that is where he will end up.

Back
Top Bottom