[MERGED] Espn Puts The Stake In Salisbury | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Espn Puts The Stake In Salisbury

I guess I'm in the minority. I rather hear Salisbury then quite a few people on ESPN.

That says alot about ESPN doesnt it?

“I have created a brand and it’s time to expand into other opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking, among others. My resume speaks for itself as a football analyst, and I believe I can talk all sports with the best of them.â€

Sean Salisbury Presents ******* TV.

Maybe they'll can Jim Rome next.

Also, he reportedly was suspended for showing cell-phone photos of his penis to colleagues at the network.

Geez.....Salisbury AND Mike Tirico in the same building. Is ESPN 'sex pest central'?

If so, where do I apply?

I hear they're interviewing.
Just send in your cellphone picture head shots and maybe they'll call you in for an interview.

Sean Salisbury thinking he has created a brand!! lol, what brand is that? You talking like an idiot about football and when people disagree you start to yell and scream. Sorry, you didn't create anything. It's been done for the last 20+ years in this country. And the way you do it sucks!

Sealisbury is gone, but what will replace him. I ask "what" because being that Sealisbury was there for so long w/o getting canned previously, who knows what ESPN will tolerate this time. Steven A. Smith is ridiculous in his own right, and there are many more.

ESPN has become a "shock jock" style of show. I remember when it was just getting to be really popular in the middle to late '90's. The show was witty, but was pure sports....they kept it cool and gave the info. Now you have to have polarizing dissenting views mixed with Dennis Miller like comedy one-liners. ESPN is more about image and oooohhhhh's and aaawwweee's. To be honest the NFL network is one of the better stations regarding sports IMO. It might be better for each sport to just produce it's own networks or taped broadcasts. Or, just invest in the web and distribute the games and programs that way - the world is gonna go that way, everything is wireless now.

Can't say I'm sad to see Salisbury go ... he was the first in the brand of "controversial" figures that ESPN has been recruiting for some time. (Folks like Stephen A., Skip Bayless, Tony K., heck, even Woody Paige (although I don't mind him so much)) Give me someone like Jaws or Clayton with straight ahead journalism, as opposed to some blowhole that wants to shout his opinion. I'm guessing he ends up on Fox or CBS, where he can yell at Howie Long or Deon Sanders.

Can't say I'm sad to see Salisbury go ... he was the first in the brand of "controversial" figures that ESPN has been recruiting for some time. (Folks like Stephen A., Skip Bayless, Tony K., heck, even Woody Paige (although I don't mind him so much)) Give me someone like Jaws or Clayton with straight ahead journalism, as opposed to some blowhole that wants to shout his opinion. I'm guessing he ends up on Fox or CBS, where he can yell at Howie Long or Deon Sanders.

Howie would pull his lips off.

That move has been waaaaay over due! He was horrible!

I'm suprised they waited until his contract expired. Salisbury was hands-down, the worst NFL analyst I've ever heard. I don't understand why ESPN hired a career back-up to begin with. Certianly not for his social skills.

Back
Top Bottom