Merged: Fins Coach Has Lost It/Wannstedt has lost the team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins Coach Has Lost It/Wannstedt has lost the team

Finsfan13

Starter
Reaction score
Fins Coach Has Lost It

It's pretty obvious that the Dolphins head coach has lost the team.

They are not ready to play. Some don't even want to play.

They are in-fighting. I watched Fiedler on the sidelines last night. Never had his helmet on. Wasn't into what plays were being called. I saw him talk to Feeley only once during the night.

There is no fire. There is no fear. There is no motivation to improve.

From that standpoint alone, the Fins are in huge trouble. And it's all directly related to the Head Coach.

The coach can offer no clear direction. Truthfully, Jimmy Johnson did a whole lot better with a whole lot less talent here his first year. And I'm not particularly a JJ Fan - but we need a coach with a fire and a direction. Able to will a player into performing at / above his best level. We're not getting that. It's obvious in the way we play.

How much longer before WH pulls the trigger?

truthfully my grandmother could do a better job.. Jay is upset he is on the bench.. so he dosnet contribute the team is split betwene 2 qbs.. the coach is in fear of losing his job and the fans are ready to call it quits.

Finsfan13 said:
They are in-fighting. I watched Fiedler on the sidelines last night. Never had his helmet on. Wasn't into what plays were being called. I saw him talk to Feeley only once during the night.
From that standpoint alone, the Fins are in huge trouble. And it's all directly related to the Head Coach.
The coach can offer no clear direction. Truthfully, Jimmy Johnson did a whole lot better with a whole lot less talent here his first year. And I'm not particularly a JJ Fan - but we need a coach with a fire and a direction. Able to will a player into performing at / above his best level. We're not getting that. It's obvious in the way we play.
How much longer before WH pulls the trigger?

Exactly! I've been saying that for the last 2 years.

Finsfan13 said:

I saw some fear alright, AJ didn't know which side he was gonna get hit by.

Who here still thinks AJ is better than Jay? He's got 2 scoring strikes along with 6 interceptions, jeez i'm having flashbacks to Ray Lucas! I never thought i'd say this but, get Fiedler in there NOW!!!!!

seriously, I've said it a million times, last night only proves that Wanny is not capable of leading this team anymore. If he didn't pull Feeley after the first half yesterday, i'm afraid he never will. Fiedler isn't Marino, but he isn't Ryan Leaf either. Feeley has shown a lot more Ryan Leaf then Marino. It's time for the veterens to step up and do whats right for their team. Get Jay in there a.s.a.p.

Coach and Wannstedt I believe to be a contradiction in terms. Phins are going the way of the Bears when Wannstedt was there. Actually, many of his Chicago buddies are here too, probably because Wannstedt is comfortable with them.

Case in point is Tony Wise. The very moment he became available Wannstedt sacked Paul Boudreau, who was having good success in having the OL play cohesively and relatively successfully considering their limited ability. Boudreau went off to the Panthers and is now at Jacksonville where the OL play has been most impressive.

Similarly Mike Westhoff was sent packing despite having the Dolphins Special Teams playing brilliantly for many many years. Wannstedt brought in another of his buddies in Keith Armstrong.

Wannstedt is NOT an NFL calibre coach. He inherited a successful structure that allowed him to give the appearance of being a Head Coach. The changes he has made have not been successful and his lack of coaching ability is now being exposed. In his early years here the players would not blame the play calling, instead they would doubt their own execution. Now they realise that HE is the problem so they have lost confidence in him.

The result is what we see now in the 0-3 start, and its not only that we have lost its the way we have lost. I don't know what can be done about this situation, but I am pretty sure it will take a long time to recover from it.

Responsibility for this sorry state however must ultimately lie with the owner. The fact that Huizenga kept re employing Wannstedt and granting him pay rises and extensions shows that Huizenga had no idea of this impending doom.

BringBackShula said:
aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!
I agree 100%. Great analysis. You make some very valid points, that were obviously well thought out. :roflmao: :roflmao:

MarksBrothers85 said:
Who here still thinks AJ is better than Jay? He's got 2 scoring strikes along with 6 interceptions, jeez i'm having flashbacks to Ray Lucas! I never thought i'd say this but, get Fiedler in there NOW!!!!!

I do. AJ can throw when he doesn't have a LB nailing him. Give him a few seconds and he throws much better then Jay. And don't use last night's performance in a torrential downpour to knock AJ. Marino had bad games in the rain too. How many INTs does jay have? 2 in 1/2 games. So AJ has had a rough start, wow, he's a rookie behind a crappy OL and doesn't have timing with the WRs yet and for some strange reason DAVE WON'T GO TO SHOTGUN TO GIVE HIM 1-2 EXTRA SECONDS!?!?!

HC's do not get fired very mid season, but Tony Wise s/b fired as soon as they can get someone to replace him. Is John Sandusky still able to walk and talk ?

Coaches may not get fired in mid-season.... however, this may be an exception. One of the predictions for this year is that Coach Wannestedt would be judged on his coaching ability as he's no longer the GM.

He has shown how ineffective he is as a coach.

Again, the team is lost. He doesn't have direction. He isn't "will-ing" his guys to play better.

Granted - as a team and a team in south Florida - the last six weeks has not been easy on anyone. Neither have the cards he's been dealt. However, the guys aren't stepping up under his coaching. Instead we're seeing reports of their heads being somewhere else, pointing fingers, in-fighting... and some players (Jason Taylor being one of them) are hoping there will be a coaching change.

We have problems on Offense. But there is no excuse for our special teams problems. We started three times last night from within our ten yard line. That's inexcusable.

We have turned into the Chicago Bears, the gimme game for so many seasons.

The Captain has lost control of the ship. We're sinking and the Captain has no idea of what to do next.

Mindwarp said:
truthfully my grandmother could do a better job.. Jay is upset he is on the bench.. so he dosnet contribute the team is split betwene 2 qbs.. the coach is in fear of losing his job and the fans are ready to call it quits.
Sign her up! ;)

Finsfan13 said:

One thing I noticed during the game is how we would help up the opposing team after tackles, generally acting like it was a pickup game between friends in the park. It seems like I saw a lot of this...it's like the team didn't really care anymore.

Did anyone else notice this--maybe I'm being too critical. Everything stinks when you're 0-3. :cry:

Lu

dolphan39 said:
HC's do not get fired very mid season, but Tony Wise s/b fired as soon as they can get someone to replace him. Is John Sandusky still able to walk and talk ?

Tony Wise should be fired now. Our offensive line would be better without a coach. It's obvious that he only kept his job last year because he is friends with Wanny. Tony Wise will never have a job in the NFL after this one.

Back
Top Bottom