[Merged] Fins giving Quinn a private workout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Merged] Fins giving Quinn a private workout

23RB23

Towel Boy
Reaction score
http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

"Continuing to monitor Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller and coach Cam Cameron will get yet another look in a private workout April 10 with Quinn and Irish receiver Rhema McKnight."

Looks like CamRam is trying to figure out if Quinn can finally be the answer to our QB problem. Hopefully after the private workout on April 10, they should have a better idea. Hopefully he's the guys we've all been waiting for since Marino retired. Wow that seemed so long ago :boohoo:

GO FINS!!!

Thats funny .. Drew Stanton is in for a private workout this morning in Davie ..

I wouldn't look too much into it, this is standard procedure .

we need to get quinn .. what ever it takes! he is the future to this franchise!!

Hopefully we like what we see in Quinn's workout.

i'd love to get brady but i'm actuallty hoping we like what we see from another QB cuz Brady would probably cost us our 1st 3 picks right ? I dunno if spending all that on a QB is the best thing for this franchise. Look what the giants gave up for ELI, they could have had Rivers, Merriman, and Kaeding !!
Do you want to be saying something like that about us if a QB selected later performs as well or better than Quinn ?

Thats funny .. Drew Stanton is in for a private workout this morning in Davie ..

I wouldn't look too much into it, this is standard procedure .

I would say it backs up thier stated intentions of drafting a QB in the draft, or at least the desire to do so. Brady Quinn appears to definitely be on thier radar, as does Stanton.

Hopefully we like what we see in Quinn's workout.

I disagree. I think it would be a much better situation if we like Stanton. We can get him, and not give up a thing. If we draft Quinn I'll support him but I dont really like him. I really dont see us drafting him unless he slips to 9. Since that won't happen I think it's really unlikely that he ends up a Dolphin.

I hope this is a sign the Phins are seriously considering Quinn and maybe moving up as Mueller had suggested in an interview (though it also included staying at 9 or trading down as well). But it's good to see them weighing options and hopefully Quinn will impress enough for Mueller and Cam to pull the trigger and get him at all costs.

I agree with some of you guys, I hope Cam can make Stanton or Edwards our franchise QB (if C-PEP doesn't pan out) because it will cost us less. As long as we come away with a QB that the coaching staff believes in I'll be pleased.

I agree with some of you guys, I hope Cam can make Stanton or Edwards our franchise QB (if C-PEP doesn't pan out) because it will cost us less. As long as we come away with a QB that the coaching staff believes in I'll be pleased.

It may cost less but the gamble is less likely to succeed. There are a lot of non-1st round QB's that pass through the draft and very few are currently starters. You aren't going to find a Tom Brady everywhere all the time in the draft. Stanton, if he does succeed, will probably need 3-5 years to groom to a decent level as a starter. Likewise for Edwards, though considering I have a strong anti-Stanford bias, I would think he'd never become anything more than a NFL Europe football backup.

Back
Top Bottom