T

tonto_phin

Good news, big offseason ahead

mmmmm cap room

DOLPHINS NOTEBOOK

In position for a big offseason

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

The Dolphins are envisioning the 2007 offseason as a time when they can do great things to improve the team. They have all but one of their draft picks and are expected to be approximately $21 million under the estimated $109 million salary cap, according to NFLPA sources.

I recall hearing this exact same thing last year, than all of our money disappeared. Don't get your hopes up.

Man, Freeney on the other side of JT would be unbelievable. The only problem is that there is no way in the world that Indy doesn't franchise Freeney. Is there an elite free agent OL on the horizon as a free agent?

The Dolphins are envisioning the 2007 offseason as a time when they can do great things to improve the team. They have all but one of their draft picks and are expected to be approximately $21 million under the estimated $109 million salary cap, according to NFLPA sources.
That could free Nick Saban to infuse the roster with talent.
''I think that what we try to do is get healthier and healthier from a business standpoint, so that we would be able to do more and more things in the future to improve the team,'' Saban said Thursday. ``We're going to have a good opportunity to do that next year, based on the business position we've been able to put ourselves in.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15860629.htm

kasaba13 said:
Man, Freeney on the other side of JT would be unbelievable. The only problem is that there is no way in the world that Indy doesn't franchise Freeney. Is there an elite free agent OL on the horizon as a free agent?

Our pass rushing will be awesome

21 MIL is good, but not GREAT ... subtract out at least 5 MIL for the draft picks and that leaves ~ 16 MIL ...

Exactly how many 'high' priced signings do we think that will bring in ... probably about 2 .... or about 4 X tier 2 type players ... reason being is that we have about 15-20 spots to fill with expiring contracts, etc ..... of course, these figures don't include other cost cutting mechanisms like cutting players with existing contracts.

Good news considering where we have been .... but it is NOT our panacea.

If I were the front office, my focus right now, would be on trimming some fat through contract re-negotiations and looking at who needs to be let go. It's time for this team to go through some big changes.

we were so hyped up last offseason it's tough to do it again, specially in October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

fitskin said:
I recall hearing this exact same thing last year, than all of our money disappeared. Don't get your hopes up.

so true!!

Back
Top Bottom