Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ?

finfan1966

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have to say that even though the Fins have been losing I am finally excited about what I see from the quarterback position. Ever since Marino retired I have had to watch game after game go down the tubes from terrible quarterbacks.

Harrington looks good out there and he gets rid of the ball remarkably fast! If you look at the stats at the end of the game you can really see how well he distributes the ball. Every receiver and tight end had multiple catches.

Its too bad that Saban stuck with Culpepper for as long as he did. I think if Harrington would of been in earlier in the season we could be at least at 500 now. Saban is going to have to make a tough decision at the end of the year but the right decision is to lock up Harrington for the future. Culpepper has to go and as far as I am concerned I have seen enough of this guy on the field to see that he is not going to take the fins any where.

I think all the Culpepper supporters need to wake up. I took a lot of flack in earlier weeks when I said to put in Harrington when Culpepper was stinking up the place. Now where are all the Culpepper supporters? (hahaha)

Its clear this is Joey's team! The offense moves faster down field and is much more efficient. Ronnie is finally on track and I think its only a matter of time before this offense explodes!

The thread title alone will get lousy responses, but don't worry, a lot of people here don't have a clue as to what they're talking about. You are absolutely right in that Harrington has great potential in this system. His chemistry with the receivers seems to be much better than Culpepper's. He has made a couple of poor choices but no mre than Cpep has, and I believe this is due to lack oof playing time, these mistakes will diminish as his game time rises. It's really up to Harrington to see how this plays out, but everyone is starting to realize he should have been the starter from the beggining.

finfan1966 said:
I have to say that even though the Fins have been losing I am finally excited about what I see from the quarterback position. Ever since Marino retired I have had to watch game after game go down the tubes from terrible quarterbacks.

Harrington looks good out there and he gets rid of the ball remarkably fast! If you look at the stats at the end of the game you can really see how well he distributes the ball. Every receiver and tight end had multiple catches.

Its too bad that Saban stuck with Culpepper for as long as he did. I think if Harrington would of been in earlier in the season we could be at least at 500 now. Saban is going to have to make a tough decision at the end of the year but the right decision is to lock up Harrington for the future. Culpepper has to go and as far as I am concerned I have seen enough of this guy on the field to see that he is not going to take the fins any where.

I think all the Culpepper supporters need to wake up. I took a lot of flack in earlier weeks when I said to put in Harrington when Culpepper was stinking up the place. Now where are all the Culpepper supporters? (hahaha)

Its clear this is Joey's team! The offense moves faster down field and is much more efficient. Ronnie is finally on track and I think its only a matter of time before this offense explodes!

I hate to say it, but I kind of agree with you. Not that i was in a disagreeance with the starting of Joey, i thought it was a good idea. I just don't like letting go somebody named "Daunte Culpepper". Maybe Joey is the guy. So far he looks(to me atleast) like a very stable quarterback, barring the couple of interceptions. I guess we'll see e're Saban takes us, huh?:dolphins:

Joey Harrington....Our QB for the future....

I could see Joey being our starter for at least the next couple of years. Yes he has thrown a few picks but there have been a lot of dropped passes out there as well in the last two games. We should definitely give him the rest of the season to gel with the offense and see what he can do. Forget all the negativity that surrounded him in Detroit he is here now and I personally am glad to have him. I guarantee it will be fun to watch our Phins again and I think that time is right around the corner.

you are a dam fool if you think harringtonis our future QB, joey throws too many ints, the only reason we moved the ball in the 4th because the jets took it easy, these joey threads gets on my nerves, culpepper doesn't turn the ball over,

I agree, however I think the Miami needs a WR or 2 to better compliment Harrington's talent. I also believe that Miami nees to be more aggresive with their play calling.

Dude I just posted the same thing at exactly the same time you did....I totally agree with you. Watching the first few games with Daunte was just plain depressing. At least I feel we have somewhat of a chance with Joey at the helm.

p-double said:
you are a dam fool if you think harringtonis our future QB, joey throws too many ints, the only reason we moved the ball in the 4th because the jets took it easy, these joey threads gets on my nerves, culpepper doesn't turn the ball over,

At least Joey doesn't get sacked 5 times a game. Yes maybe Daunte isn't 100% but that doesn't excuse him from holding the ball too long.

Thats right dude, I agree with you big time. I guess great minds think a like! (hahaha) Even though Joey has thrown 4 interceptions in two games, two of those interceptions came from drop passes from our receivers. So really when you think about it - Joey has only two interceptions. Culpepper's interceptions were clearly to the other team.

I hope we don't ever see Culpepper out there again playing. Joey is the future for this team and anyone that still thinks Culpepper is better should wake up because they definitely havn't been watching the games!

p-double said:

Only one int in each game was his fault. That aint gonna kill ya

p-double said:
At least Harrington doesn't get sacked 7 times a game, throws an interception and fumbles 2 times a game. Harrington is far better then C-Pep right now.

I wouldn't at all be opposed to holding onto Harrington and then drafting a promising young QB in the upcoming draft somewhere in the mid rounds for next season, especially if we were able to trade off Daunte for a decent draft pick. I was kind of hoping we would have done that last year and just held onto Gus for another year or so while that rook developed. At this point I could really care less who our starting QB is though, basically whoever gives us the best shot to win games is who I will support, but given Pep's contract it looks like he's going to be our guy when all is said and done regardless.

adamprez2003 said:
Only one int in each game was his fault. That aint gonna kill ya
Exactly, to many people just look at the stats and say he sucks without watching any of the games.

p-double said:

He threw one int this game, the other was Chambers playing hot potato.

How many turnovers did Daunte have? 3 Int-all totally horrible reads(one being the worst I had ever seen by a QB not named feelydler) and you can not forget all the fumbles. He fumbled just trying to throw a pass with nobody within miles of him.

So if you are going to call people fools for having an opinion at least come with a decent argument. Plus if we only got yards because the jets took it easy, what does that say about the buffalo and houston games. They were just taking it easy also I suppose, and that takes away about 80 percent of peps yardage and all his touchdowns.

That being said, I hope once pep is healthy they can battle it out like any other position and we start who plays better for our team.

Back
Top Bottom