Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ?

p-double said:
you are a dam fool if you think harringtonis our future QB, joey throws too many ints, the only reason we moved the ball in the 4th because the jets took it easy, these joey threads gets on my nerves, culpepper doesn't turn the ball over,

Harrinton has thrown 4 INTs, two of which were his fault. Other than that he has played well. HE had 2 td passes dropped against the Jets.
You say Daunte Culpepper doesn't turn the ball over. My answer to that is YOU HAVE TO THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD to throw an INT. A huge percentage of Culpepper's passes were dump offs - high percentage throws. Harrington is at least aggressive with the ball.

I am somewhat afraid that Saban does think Culpepper is the future. I just hope that Harrington can show him something in the next few weeks that will convince him to look Joey's way the rest of this season and in to next season as well. I do think Harrington will show up this Sunday against the Pack....I just hope our receivers do as well....

finfan1966 said:
I have to say that even though the Fins have been losing I am finally excited about what I see from the quarterback position. Ever since Marino retired I have had to watch game after game go down the tubes from terrible quarterbacks.

Harrington looks good out there and he gets rid of the ball remarkably fast! If you look at the stats at the end of the game you can really see how well he distributes the ball. Every receiver and tight end had multiple catches.

Its too bad that Saban stuck with Culpepper for as long as he did. I think if Harrington would of been in earlier in the season we could be at least at 500 now. Saban is going to have to make a tough decision at the end of the year but the right decision is to lock up Harrington for the future. Culpepper has to go and as far as I am concerned I have seen enough of this guy on the field to see that he is not going to take the fins any where.

I think all the Culpepper supporters need to wake up. I took a lot of flack in earlier weeks when I said to put in Harrington when Culpepper was stinking up the place. Now where are all the Culpepper supporters? (hahaha)

Its clear this is Joey's team! The offense moves faster down field and is much more efficient. Ronnie is finally on track and I think its only a matter of time before this offense explodes!
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

What gives you that idea? The fact that we scored 3 points in the first three quarters? Or maybe the 4 interceptions did it for you?

No wonder VIP calls this place the zoo.

Lester said:
He threw one int this game, the other was Chambers playing hot potato.

How many turnovers did Daunte have? 3 Int-all totally horrible reads(one being the worst I had ever seen by a QB not named feelydler) and you can not forget all the fumbles. He fumbled just trying to throw a pass with nobody withing miles of him.

So if you are going to call people fools for having an opinion at least come with a decent argument. Plus if we only got yards because the jets took it easy, what does that say about the buffalo and houston games. They were just taking it easy also, and that takes away about 80 percent of peps yardage.

That being said, I hope once pep is healthy they can battle it out like any other position and we start who plays better for our team.

Right on about the fumble thing. Culpepper averages a fumble per game for his career. YOu know how many times Joey has lost a fumble in his career? ZERO.

If he is the QB for the next couple years, fine. But he hasnt shown me that he's THAT GREAT right now (I understand his limited time running the offense). If he played out of his mind his first two starts, that would be one thing. He hasn't done that and if you're resting our hopes in the QB department the next couple of years on Harrington, we're in big trouble.

SCall13 said:
Right on about the fumble thing. Culpepper averages a fumble per game for his career. YOu know how many times Joey has lost a fumble in his career? ZERO.

Whats his career record as a starter?

Brown42000 said:
At least Harrington doesn't get sacked 7 times a game, throws an interception and fumbles 2 times a game. Harrington is far better then C-Pep right now.

Once C-pepp gets healthy it will be much different IMO.

SCall13 said:

I know it's cause he's too busy panicking and throwing picks. JK :lol:

csabe said:
Once C-pepp gets healthy it will be much different.

Yeah 30 yr old QBs come back all the time from 3 ligament surgeries without losing a step and we can see how quick he is with his decision making. The best thing he has going for him is the size of his contract. That's going to be a killer for us to deal with next year

csabe said:
Once C-pepp gets healthy it will be much different IMO.
Before he was hurt last year he sucked too, I tried making excuses for him because I thought that team last year was bad but it was Daunte and he needs to learn how to play football again. FAST!!!!!

Mainge said:

What gives you that idea? The fact that we scored 3 points in the first three quarters? Or maybe the 4 interceptions did it for you?

Doesn't sound to me like you watch the games..

FIN FAN IN OHIO said:
I am somewhat afraid that Saban does think Culpepper is the future. I just hope that Harrington can show him something in the next few weeks that will convince him to look Joey's way the rest of this season and in to next season as well. I do think Harrington will show up this Sunday against the Pack....I just hope our receivers do as well....
I think Saban has already sat in his office at 2am by himeself saying WOW, what have I done and how to I tell Daunte he is being released next year???

Mainge said:

We have had no offensive production all year, especially with Culpepper but at least Harrington isn't holding on to the ball and getting sacked. Watching the games when Culpepper played were not exciting at all....At least with Joey in at QB I feel like we have a fighting chance.

Back
Top Bottom