Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ?

It's obvious looking at PAST STATISTICS that CULPEPPER would have been annointed the QB of the next 4-6 years ....

But as Chris Berman says ... THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES ...

JOEY is playing for HIS future with or without the PHINS ... so HE has a lot to play for.

CULPEPPER WILL be playing for HIS future with or without the PHINS either later this year, or during the offseason. It is NOT ordained as some would like to believe on this site; of course, we have more INVESTED in him -- so his loss would 'hurt' more financially.

In a PERFECT world ... both would succeed and the PHINS would be the beneficiary [draft compensation -- but most importantly good QB play] --- but as life would have it ... I doubt that happens.

I BELIEVE in the end, that HARRINGTON will prove to be a serviceable SYSTEM QB ... and that CULPEPPER will NEVER regain the mobility the helped become an elite QB; and be no better than say Steve McNair or Drew Bledsoe of today ...

PerfectFinz72 said:
And if he continues to lose here in MIAMI, then whats the excuse?

11 players on offense and an offensive coordinator calling plays makes 12 people to rank in terms of why we arent scoring more. Harrington is near the bottom of that list against the Jets with Mularkey getting top spot

I agree that Joey has brought some new energy to the offense. The 17 2nd half points was the most we've scored in a half all season. But it all happened in a hurry up offense with 3 different plays, not in the normal offense. Thus, we've got no reason to believe this 'success' is transferrable to the next game.

I'd like to see Joey tuck the ball and run sometimes in the hurry up offense instead of thinking only pass. Don't do this often, but in a pinch think about running for the 1st down. It would add a key element to the offense. Right now opposing teams know that Joey never ever runs with the ball, that makes the offense much more predictable.

Can Joey (or any QB) make this offense fire on all cylinders when it's not in a hurry up mode?

Maybe they work on altering the hurry up offense it make it usable the whole game. I've seen college teams do this with great success. Granted, NFL defenses are much better, but it's all about never letting their defense rest.

PerfectFinz72 said:
Whats his career record as a starter?

What was Daunte's record with the Vikings? He is a career losing QB too. Just one difference.

Since he left the Vikings, they are 10-5. Since Harrington left the Lions they are 1-5.

FIN FAN IN OHIO said:
I could see Joey being our starter for at least the next couple of years. Yes he has thrown a few picks but there have been a lot of dropped passes out there as well in the last two games. We should definitely give him the rest of the season to gel with the offense and see what he can do. Forget all the negativity that surrounded him in Detroit he is here now and I personally am glad to have him. I guarantee it will be fun to watch our Phins again and I think that time is right around the corner.

Thats right dude, becuase he did such a great job, for the first three quarters, when the defense was playing him honest, ah thats right he was invisible for 3 quarters, until the defense played prevent then and just then he got hot, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? What a coincidence. But of course that was not his fault he is just a victim. Give me a break! Joey is good but not good enough. When are we going to understand that we need a guy that can take over games to be sucessful. I am tired of guys that can manage games. And dont give the Baltimore examples, those are flukes, I am tired on hoping for flukes, why cant we do it the old fashin way? A winning quaterback, solid RB and a good defense? It's about freakin time.

I want to see Miami come out and beat GB in all aspects of the game next week to get some positivety on this board.

PhinsPhan said:
What was Daunte's record with the Vikings? He is a career losing QB too. Just one difference.

Since he left the Vikings, they are 10-5. Since Harrington left the Lions they are 1-5.

Well done. I give you credit for at least doing the research. My point is, the Lions would be good awful with or without harrington. I dont care who the starting QB is, as long as he wears a Dolphins uniform then I support him. Forget the Daunte vs Joey debate.....has either shown you anything this year that would make you think this team can win with that guy as the QB?

I know I dont see it. So for those annnoiting Joey king already, maybe we should see if he can win a game before we give him a contract extension.

rvicious said:
Thats right dude, becuase he did such a great job, for the first three quarters, when the defense was playing him honest, ah thats right he was invisible for 3 quarters, until the defense played prevent then and just then he got hot, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? What a coincidence. But of course that was not his fault he is just a victim. Give me a break! Joey is good but not good enough. When are we going to understand that we need a guy that can take over games to be sucessful. I am tired of guys that can manage games. And dont give the Baltimore examples, those are flukes, I am tired on hoping for flukes, why cant we do it the old fashin way? A winning quaterback, solid RB and a good defense? It's about freakin time.

In the first half he had two bad passes and one was an incomplete. Two bad plays in the first half. If you can name three go ahead, I guarantee you you wont be able to. If we get that kind of production from our QB and the rest of the offense steps up and the playcalling approaches competance then QB will be the least of our concerns

rvicious said:

And who do you suppose we start, Culpepper....There are just as many if not more reasons to start Harrington....Talk about "managing a game, that is exactly what Culpepper did the first 4 games without any success....He spent more time on the ground then he did on his feet. He holds on to the ball way too long. Trust me I want the FINS to win just as much as anybody else, but I strongly believe we have a better chance at achieving this with HARRINGTON....

I think some perspective is needed before proclaiming Harrington the starter of the future.

For starters, he has yet to play a complete game for the Fins. In the Pats game he laid an egg in the second half. The TD returned for an interception was reminiscent of AJ Fiedler. (Feeley or Fiedler). In yesterday's game he was very erratic until the fourth quarter. Furthermore, when he does win a game or two, how will he perform when expectations are higher? Also, how well will Culpepper play in 2007 after giving the knee another year to recover?

adamprez2003 said:
Yeah 30 yr old QBs come back all the time from 3 ligament surgeries without losing a step and we can see how quick he is with his decision making. The best thing he has going for him is the size of his contract. That's going to be a killer for us to deal with next year

Yeah cause there a just so many examples of guys tearing all 3 ligaments. The guys knee will be much better next year after another year of rehab and getting it stronger bottom line.

csabe said:
Yeah cause there a just so many examples of guys tearing all 3 ligaments. The guys knee will be much better next year after another year of rehab and getting it stronger bottom line.

That's my point. I would be amazed if he even gets back 75% of his mobility in that knee

Brown42000 said:
Before he was hurt last year he sucked too, I tried making excuses for him because I thought that team last year was bad but it was Daunte and he needs to learn how to play football again. FAST!!!!!

Yeah he sucked for like 4 games, when the replaced his # 1 WR and he had 2 rookies starting on the offensive line and they took away his coordinator on top of it for 4 games , yeah your right we should cut him and give the reins to Joey now before he gets away.:sidelol:

He and the rest of the offense was completely invisible for 3 quarters. The only thing he has gowing for him, is that he gets rid of the ball quicker. Not that it matters, though. It's still the same garbage Daunte was doing. It's clear to me, that our QB of the future, is not on the Miami Dolphins roster.

Back
Top Bottom