Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: /Harrington....Our future QB ?

adamprez2003 said:
That's my point. I would be amazed if he even gets back 75% of his mobility in that knee

One thing you can't measure is his heart and he will work extremely hard to get stronger through rehab and be much more ready next year. I was surprised he was ready to start the season and since he wanted to play so badly he came back too quick and had everyone including Saban fooled. That doesn't diminish his talent and at 80-90% is a better QB than Joey H.

Joey came back on a team who played prevent with no pass rush at all. He does get rid of the ball quicker but when he gets pressured he throws very bad passes. Let's keep the Joey is the future thing in perspective. He is the present for now and has not showed any signs of being even a very good QB and never has on this level. C-pepp has a resume at least ans "if" he comes back much more healthy next year ready to prove all the doubters wrong he will make a big step up IMO. This year is already a lost cause.

emoticon said:
I think some perspective is needed before proclaiming Harrington the starter of the future.

For starters, he has yet to play a complete game for the Fins. In the Pats game he laid an egg in the second half. The TD returned for an interception was reminiscent of AJ Fiedler. (Feeley or Fiedler). In yesterday's game he was very erratic until the fourth quarter. Furthermore, when he does win a game or two, how will he perform when expectations are higher? Also, how well will Culpepper play in 2007 after giving the knee another year to recover?

He had a bad pass to welker on the sideline in the first, he threw a very bad pick and he overthrew a wide open welker in the 3rd or 4th. Add the the last play before the field goal where he instantly turned and overthrew hagan where maybe he shouldve looked at a wide open welker 8 yds down the field and you have a total of 4 bad decisions and or plays. How is that erratic? His incompletions were almost all proper game management where no receiver was open. I honestly dont get what people expect from players. I am convinced the only thing most people look at is the score and if the score isnt positive then everybody sucked. If we get that performance week in and week out (which he has to prove to me he is capable of, this was the Jets defense after all) we are going to win games

Mainge said:
He and the rest of the offense was completely invisible for 3 quarters. The only thing he has gowing for him, is that he gets rid of the ball quicker. Not that it matters, though. It's still the same garbage Daunte was doing. It's clear to me, that our QB of the future, is not on the Miami Dolphins roster.

You take a great stance on this QB debate. You're probably right too, the QB of the future probably isn't on this roster. If you like Daunte, then you're dissing Joey everywhere and if you like Joey, you're dissing Daunte. Its so counterproductive as a fanbase because it doesn't give anyone a true feel for who is performing well and whose not. Its just split and the Joey supporters give you the reasons Daunte sucks and vice versa. Truth is, neither have performed at a high level and oh btw.....we're still 1-5 and headed to many more losses this year (regardless of QB).

In_Flames said:
I wouldn't at all be opposed to holding onto Harrington and then drafting a promising young QB in the upcoming draft somewhere in the mid rounds for next season, especially if we were able to trade off Daunte for a decent draft pick. I was kind of hoping we would have done that last year and just held onto Gus for another year or so while that rook developed. At this point I could really care less who our starting QB is though, basically whoever gives us the best shot to win games is who I will support, but given Pep's contract it looks like he's going to be our guy when all is said and done regardless.

:sidelol: trade daunte :shakeno:
r u kidding me

adamprez2003 said:
He had a bad pass to welker on the sideline in the first, he threw a very bad pick and he overthrew a wide open welker in the 3rd or 4th. Add the the last play before the field goal where he instantly turned and overthrew hagan where maybe he shouldve looked at a wide open welker 8 yds down the field and you have a total of 4 bad decisions and or plays. How is that erratic? His incompletions were almost all proper game management where no receiver was open. I honestly dont get what people expect from players. I am convinced the only thing most people look at is the score and if the score isnt positive then everybody sucked. If we get that performance week in and week out (which he has to prove to me he is capable of, this was the Jets defense after all) we are going to win games

You do realize it goes both ways. If people are gonna defend each of Joey's actions, why can't someone defend Daunte's decisions? I'll tell you why without a response, its because almost every fan is either a Joey or Daunte supporter. Whatever you prefer, you dislike the other and need reasons to back it up. I guess theres nothing wrong with that, but you should at least understand why there's criticism on each end. Has either played THAT well?

PerfectFinz72 said:
You do realize it goes both ways. If people are gonna defend each of Joey's actions, why can't someone defend Daunte's decisions? I'll tell you why without a response, its because almost every fan is either a Joey or Daunte supporter. Whatever you prefer, you dislike the other and need reasons to back it up. I guess theres nothing wrong with that, but you should at least understand why there's criticism on each end. Has either played THAT well?

agreed both have played poorly and Joey has played better this year. Just think in the larger scheme of things if C-pepp is healthy or anywhere close to fully healthy he has the potential to be a very good QB and maybe great as he HAS shown in the past. Possibly even a franchise caliber signal caller.

IMO Joey H. doesn't have the potential to be a very good QB overall. He can be a decent QB at times but not our franchise QB and certainly not anyone's savior.

The problem is, if I recall correctly, Harrington is NOT signed to a long term contract.

PerfectFinz72 said:

The problem I have is with generic statements that he played poorly or hasnt shown any reason to believe he could be a good QB. When I criticize players I back it up with examples of play not just he sucked. I am hard pressed to find fault in someone who averages one bad play a qtr. Harrington is going to have a really bad game eventually. Every QB does. Then the criticism will be warranted but if you're finding fault with Harrington after the Jets game your criteria for QB is astronomical. If 1 pick is cause for writing off a QB then we will never have a QB play for us

csabe said:
agreed both have played poorly and Joey has played better this year. Just think in the larger scheme of things if C-pepp is healthy or anywhere close to fully healthy he has the potential to be a very good QB and maybe great as he HAS shown in the past. Possibly even a franchise caliber signal caller.

IMO Joey H. doesn't have the potential to be a very good QB overall. He can be a decent QB at times but not our franchise QB and certainly not anyone's savior.

I agree that Harrington isnt going to develop into the Peyton Manning class but he can be more than serviceable. He can be a good QB not great but good. Somewhere between a 10-20 QB, not a top ten. The thing is I dont think a healthy Daunte is going to be a top 10 QB unless you surround him with a pro bowl offensive line and a top five receiver.

finfan1966 said:
I have to say that even though the Fins have been losing I am finally excited about what I see from the quarterback position. Ever since Marino retired I have had to watch game after game go down the tubes from terrible quarterbacks.

Harrington looks good out there and he gets rid of the ball remarkably fast! If you look at the stats at the end of the game you can really see how well he distributes the ball. Every receiver and tight end had multiple catches.

Its too bad that Saban stuck with Culpepper for as long as he did. I think if Harrington would of been in earlier in the season we could be at least at 500 now. Saban is going to have to make a tough decision at the end of the year but the right decision is to lock up Harrington for the future. Culpepper has to go and as far as I am concerned I have seen enough of this guy on the field to see that he is not going to take the fins any where.

I think all the Culpepper supporters need to wake up. I took a lot of flack in earlier weeks when I said to put in Harrington when Culpepper was stinking up the place. Now where are all the Culpepper supporters? (hahaha)

Its clear this is Joey's team! The offense moves faster down field and is much more efficient. Ronnie is finally on track and I think its only a matter of time before this offense explodes!
finallly someone who knows whats up. harrington is our quarterback and is gong to be for a while, at least I hope so. he is bringing our team up and everyone has come to the plate. this year might be over, but im looking forward to the future. Go DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!

How many years does Harrington have on his contract and people that want Culpepper out of here this offseason sorry but that is not going to happen.

We had 3 freakin points with the running game going well and the defense playing 2 and a half decent quarters. It's so freaking frustrating watching us rally at the end every game. Why can't we play with any urgency the first 3 quarters. So sick of having to watch this crap. Yeah Joey played better but with the way we ran the ball we should have been able to get in to the endzone.

adamprez2003 said:
I agree that Harrington isnt going to develop into the Peyton Manning class but he can be more than serviceable. He can be a good QB not great but good. Somewhere between a 10-20 QB, not a top ten. The thing is I dont think a healthy Daunte is going to be a top 10 QB unless you surround him with a pro bowl offensive line and a top five receiver.

Daunte in theory is the more mobile QB when healthy so he should be better with the worse o-line.

csabe said:

i disagree with you. i think culpepper is lucky. randy moss would catch anything thrown up in the air by pep. he didnt have to be that great. now you put him on a team w/out that, hes garbage. sorry he needs to go. joey all the way

Back
Top Bottom