Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

I agree 100%. I find it strange how everyone is now calling Quinn a bust and hoping he fails in Cleveland. Personally, I think he'll do well but hopefully Beck and Ginn will help the Dolphins even more. Time will tell.

I don't get the Quinn hate either and I REALLY like Beck.

But Quinn's done nothing to our organization. I really felt for him watching him and his family with their long faces on what should have been one of the happiest days of his life. I have no problem with Miami passing him since their was a logic to their decision making, but I don't get that so many people on these boards feel the need to denigrade him now. If he's succesful then good for him! What I consider more important is how Ginn and Beck play.

I don't get the Quinn hate either and I REALLY like Beck.

But Quinn's done nothing to our organization. I really felt for him watching him and his family with their long faces on what should have been one of the happiest days of his life. I have no problem with Miami passing him since their was a logic to their decision making, but I don't get that so many people on these boards feel the need to denigrade him now. If he's succesful then good for him! What I consider more important is how Ginn and Beck play.

I think the reason for some of the hate is that if Quinn turns out to be a franchise QB it will validate what a number of the experts have said, that the Dolphins made a mistake in passing on him.

IF Quinn turns out be better than BEck then the Dolphins DID make a mistake. A QB is the Dolphins greatest need and for the team to have passed on the best QB available is inexcusable. If Beck turns out to be better than QUinn, the Dolphins will be vindicated in their decision, thus a number of fans are hoping for Quinn to fail.

I think the reason for some of the hate is that if Quinn turns out to be a franchise QB it will validate what a number of the experts have said, that the Dolphins made a mistake in passing on him.

IF Quinn turns out be better than BEck then the Dolphins DID make a mistake. A QB is the Dolphins greatest need and for the team to have passed on the best QB available is inexcusable. If Beck turns out to be better than QUinn, the Dolphins will be vindicated in their decision, thus a number of fans are hoping for Quinn to fail.

True, but Quinn doesn't have to be a failure for this to have been a good call. I have a bigger warm fuzzy for Beck than I have for anyone we've plugged in under center in a long time. He has all the intangibles that the really good qbs have. If he is succesful and leads this team effectively then the whole thing is a moot point regardless of how Quinn plays.

Has anyone taken the time to compare Boomer's (self professed expert) mock draft to the actual draft? Very low percentage of accuracy Boom's...especially with the Fins.

Has anyone taken the time to compare Boomer's (self professed expert) mock draft to the actual draft? Very low percentage of accuracy Boom's...especially with the Fins.

I suppose you did better? :rolleyes2 Mock drafts are always a crap shoot. Nobody is ever accurate beyond the #10 pick.

Quite an unnecessary, snotty comment. He was all over Ginn, absolutely right on that, and loved Beck. High on Satele, too. What more do you want?

Quite an unnecessary, snotty comment. He was all over Ginn, absolutely right on that, and loved Beck. High on Satele, too. What more do you want?

People get snotty all the time with each other including the one he made the comment about so I just don't see the big deal. I also think he was referring to the mock boomer did and not the write up. I do agree that too much is made of mock drafts. I always try to to selct the guys each year that I think will be quality players. I don't really care if someone can predict what each team will choose. I stopped years ago trying to predict our draft, it just would aggrivate me more lol. I will talk pro potential with anybody on players but I don't even try to play pick the player to the team. I did do a mock of the players that I would take in the draft, if I had the phins picks but this was based on my evaluations, not an educated guess of who they might take. I will give boomer credit for mock the year we took Ronnie, because he was dead on with alot of his predictions. I truly wish we all would respect each other's opinions and debate in a more civil manner when we disagree rather than trying to act like know it alls.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the bit where I claimed to be a self confessed expert.

:rolleyes2

Which would make me wrong on Quinn. Looks like we'll have to sack our sources.

;)

I have to admit Boom, Randy and Cam laid that smokescreen out there very well, I seriously doubt there were many that saw us passing on Brady.

The perception I had of your position was this, you strongly felt it should be Ginn, based on his elite playmaking potential, but that the sources were saying Quinn was first priority.

So I'd say you did very well, and in this case should have listened to your gut instead of the sources.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the bit where I claimed to be a self confessed expert.

:rolleyes2

Glad to have you back. Care to share your thoughts on the draft? Morons and punks aside, I'm sure that a lot of us would like to hear your opinions.

I wrote a 10,000 word draft review in VIP, dude.

;)

I have to admit Boom, Randy and Cam laid that smokescreen out there very well, I seriously doubt there were many that saw us passing on Brady.

The perception I had of your position was this, you strongly felt it should be Ginn, based on his elite playmaking potential, but that the sources were saying Quinn was first priority.

So I'd say you did very well, and in this case should have listened to your gut instead of the sources.

couple of month's back, Boomer was writing some stuff on Ginn and I broke out some of my game dvd's and watched Ginn in action. Chatting back and forth, before the evening was over I was sold... It was interesting to view the plays and then discuss them.. a total blast for me.

as for Boomer's 10 thousand word review in VIP... best thing I have read in years... maybe ever. Y'all are missing some very good info and discussion there.

That's pretty much exactly it dude.

Reply...

Does your response mean that you are not going to respond as you previously indicated?

No. I will respond.

I promise.

Just not tonight!

Back
Top Bottom