Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB...

Matt Jones is a senior this year, so he will be in the upcoming draft. Even as a Razorbacks fan, it's tough to see Jones as a franchise QB. He is a playmaker though, and very quick on his feet. I just don't think he's the type of player that could make the NFL transition well.

Deez Nutz said:
I know what I'm about to say is giong to make a lot of Dolphins fans mad, because everyone wants an answer to the QB problem now, but I honestly don't think that the Dolphins future quarterback is in this draft (unless he comes out early. Which I don't think he'll do). What I think the Dolphins should do, and I've been saying this for a while, is sign Drew Brees or someone like him for a few years, and in a year or 2, depending on when he comes out, draft Matt Jones from Arkansas. There are a lot of young quarterback's in this league, so he should drop pretty far if the Dolphins have a low pick. I don't know how far though. They may have to trade up, but I think he's worth it.
I totally agree that the Phins future QB is not in this draft. That's because we won't draft a high-round QB. Maybe a late-rounder for depth or as a project. But, I definatley think we should sign a Dree Brees, Rohan Davey, or John Kitna, this offseason and let him battle Feeley for the job. Use the high round picks on other needs, such as DT, OL, LB, etc.

My current list. Not that I count for anything.:)
1. Rodgers Cal
2. Orlovsky UConn
3. Leinart USC I am worried about his arm strength and if his production may be due to the talent around him.
4. Walter ASU plays well with little talent on his team. They cant run the ball... that sounds familiar :cry:
5 Orton Purdue Seems to crumble under pressure. That scares me alot. Ryan Leaf anyone?
6 Greene Geogia

Once again this is all just my opinion

I have watched a few Cal games and I think Aaron Rodgers is the real deal. :cooldude:

SECfootball said:
Matt Jones is a senior this year, so he will be in the upcoming draft. Even as a Razorbacks fan, it's tough to see Jones as a franchise QB. He is a playmaker though, and very quick on his feet. I just don't think he's the type of player that could make the NFL transition well.
I thought he was a senior, but a couple of people have told me he was a shophomore, so I thought I was wrong. I really like him though. He's fast.

People don't think there are people in this class that are franchise QBs, but there are. There actually might be more depth this year than in previous years. You just don't hear about the Derek Andersons, the Dan Orlovsky's, the Charlie Frye's, and other guys like that. Add guys like Rogers, Leinart, Walter, and Orton and thats not a bad class.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/qb/danorlovsky.html

Weakness:

Sometimes shows too much faith in his arm and will force throws into tight coverage...(Fiedler)......Doesn't throw the long ball well....(Fiedler)...Average mobility in the pocket.....(Fiedler)....and isn't a threat to run...(Fiedler, not a 'Vick')....Will get flustered under pressure...(Fiedler)....Has a long release...(Fiedler)....Takes a lot of big hits....(Fiedler).

:lol:

I haven't reviewed all the QBs available yet and the above is just having fun.

Weaknesses
- No glaring weaknesses except for the fact he doesn't get much national attention playing for UConn. His footwork gets a little choppy during longer drops. Tries to do a little too much from time to time, but his decision making improved last season and there's no reason to believe it won't continue to do so this year. Sometimes puts a bit too much zip on short and intermediate throws

Doesn't sound too bad.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
i'm not crazy about any of the QB's in this upcoming draft but if I had to go with one, it would be Leinart of Rodgers with Leinart getting the nod if u had a gun to my head!
Yeah but these are usually the drafts that you get your best QB's out of, when your not crazy about any of them there usually comes good QB's out of a draft like that.

killswitch said:
I totally agree that the Phins future QB is not in this draft. That's because we won't draft a high-round QB. Maybe a late-rounder for depth or as a project. But, I definatley think we should sign a Dree Brees, Rohan Davey, or John Kitna, this offseason and let him battle Feeley for the job. Use the high round picks on other needs, such as DT, OL, LB, etc.
:roflmao: we might as well just give them the job and save the waste of time from the battle.

killswitch said:
Yes lets keep bringing in other peoples scraps, lets waste another 5 years.

You see Big Ben for Pittsburgh, he could have been ours.

If Aaron Rodgers comes out draft him.

Sounds intriguing, Anyone that reminds of Roeth I like, Big Ben is teh real deal. Orlovcky could be good. Rodgers would be my other choice. Leinart, I havent seen much of. How strong is his arm?

Being a big Dolphin fan and a UConn alumn this

would be my dream sceanrio. I think there is a real possibility that it happens. Rick went up to UConn to scout DO and came back talking about their LT which he thought might make a good NFL guard. Like the original post said UConn's OL isn't much to talk about so why was Rick changing the subject? Perhaps he was trying not to hype Orlovski any more than he arleady has been.

One thing that I think went unmentioned is that Dan is the son and has a coach and has a good football IQ, so much so that he has free reign to audible.

I'd rather have Shane Boyd (Kentucky)... he's not well known but the dude is good. Has the heart we need, the ambition and talent. People dont know about him because he has a sorry team around him but this guy is amazing.

killswitch said:

hmmm john kitna now that's an idea!

Back
Top Bottom