MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
In fairness to Ireland, the Dolphins’ habitually brusque treatment of their current and prospective players is purely a Parcells production. Unfortunately for the general manager, he’s about to be unmasked as an A-list A-hole.

Last Wednesday, the night before he was selected 24th overall by the Cowboys, former Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant(notes) told me that during one of his predraft visits, a high-level executive of one NFL franchise had asked him if his mother, Angela, was a prostitute.

“No, my mom is not a prostitute,” said Bryant, whose background – including his mother’s lifestyle and past legal troubles – was under great scrutiny prior to the draft. “I got mad – really mad – but I didn’t show it.”

I’ve since been told by a source close to Bryant that Ireland was the person who asked the question during a meeting in the GM’s office. On Monday, Ireland declined to comment on the allegation. Harvey Greene, the Dolphins’ senior vice president of media relations, said: “It’s our organizational policy that we don’t discuss publicly the process we use to evaluate potential draft choices.”

That’s a wise idea given the demeaning, offensive and possibly actionable evaluation process that was used to assess Bryant’s fitness to catch passes for Miami, a franchise that apparently holds nothing sacred in such contexts.

http://bit.ly/ayox4g

If true that pretty F'd up and impressive by Bryant to keep his cool. Cause I would have wanted to know what the F that has to do with me playing football for your team

These media outlets need to STFU.

Stop whining because Parcells/Ireland won't give you anything to write about. If you're bored go interview Fat Ryan - he has plenty of nonsense to tell you.

WOW if that is tru Ireland is a A hole for real. What does that have to do with anything... Not kool at all.

maybe Ireland was interested in his mother, let's not jump to conclusions that the question was meant rudely

If true that pretty F'd up and impressive by Bryant to keep his cool. Cause I would have wanted to know what the F that has to do with me playing football for your team

if true, i think thats the point... you can hit him with something that harsh and see his reaction... how's his temper? how will he handle authority telling him things he doesn't want/like to hear? etc...

Questions like these re always asked by NFL teams. Is it wrong, absolutely. The thing is when you are spending millions on players all your bases need to be covered.

I also find it mess up that Bryant wants attention drawn to himself by letting this get out.Shows that the reports of him being a diva were true.

Who cares?
This is a team with many egos...

They will do anything in their power to make sure this franchise doesn't reflect poorly on their records and reputation.

Don't worry about how they do it. They do it too well to question it.

Boo hoo. If Miami was such a bad place, then why did Dansy and Incognito sign here? Why was Marshall doing cartwheels?

This is a business and Ireland and co. need to separate the men from the boys. Can't handle the tough questions and don't have a thick skin, you won't last in this league.

dude if he said that that is embarrassing for this organization. I don't care how good you may be, it does NOT mean you can pass any boundary or line due to it.

That is outright unacceptable and really ****ed up ****.

that sounds like a bunch of media BS. there were also a bunch of rumors that the dolphins were in love with sergio kindle and absolutly wouldnt pass on him if he were there at #12. we all know how true that was...

After drafting the Ginn family into our organization, Ireland wanted to make sure only the best families get drafted by us.

Mike who????

If someone who doesn't know me or my family personally asked me if my mom is a prostitute I would laugh....you only get angry if it hits too close to home.

He lists out several examples of 'inappropriate' questions...but singles out Ireland as an *******. why?

did someone get blown off for an interview or made to look silly for asking a stupid question?

Is Mike Silver's mom a prostitue? just askin.....

I can't stand when these tools in the media try and make it about them....it's not about you. no one cares about you.

Back
Top Bottom