MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Apr 27, 2010.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://bit.ly/ayox4g

2. aesop

aesop A True Fan

Who cares?

3. bigchub22

bigchub22 Starter

If true that pretty F'd up and impressive by Bryant to keep his cool. Cause I would have wanted to know what the F that has to do with me playing football for your team

4. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

These media outlets need to STFU.

Stop whining because Parcells/Ireland won't give you anything to write about. If you're bored go interview Fat Ryan - he has plenty of nonsense to tell you.

5. Kadiddlehopper

Kadiddlehopper Charter Member of the Dolphin's Fan Club

6. Emil305

Emil305 Rookie

WOW if that is tru Ireland is a A hole for real. What does that have to do with anything... Not kool at all.

7. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP

maybe Ireland was interested in his mother, let's not jump to conclusions that the question was meant rudely

8. arsenal

arsenal Beastin'

if true, i think thats the point... you can hit him with something that harsh and see his reaction... how's his temper? how will he handle authority telling him things he doesn't want/like to hear? etc...

Phin-Phan 66 likes this.
  9. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Questions like these re always asked by NFL teams. Is it wrong, absolutely. The thing is when you are spending millions on players all your bases need to be covered.

I also find it mess up that Bryant wants attention drawn to himself by letting this get out.Shows that the reports of him being a diva were true.

10. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

This is a team with many egos...

They will do anything in their power to make sure this franchise doesn't reflect poorly on their records and reputation.

Don't worry about how they do it. They do it too well to question it.

11. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Boo hoo. If Miami was such a bad place, then why did Dansy and Incognito sign here? Why was Marshall doing cartwheels?

This is a business and Ireland and co. need to separate the men from the boys. Can't handle the tough questions and don't have a thick skin, you won't last in this league.

12. SR 7

SR 7 A True Fan

dude if he said that that is embarrassing for this organization. I don't care how good you may be, it does NOT mean you can pass any boundary or line due to it.

That is outright unacceptable and really ****ed up ****.

13. Quadfather

Quadfather FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

that sounds like a bunch of media BS. there were also a bunch of rumors that the dolphins were in love with sergio kindle and absolutly wouldnt pass on him if he were there at #12. we all know how true that was...

14. MARINO1384

MARINO1384 Pro Bowler

After drafting the Ginn family into our organization, Ireland wanted to make sure only the best families get drafted by us.

15. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

Mike who????

If someone who doesn't know me or my family personally asked me if my mom is a prostitute I would laugh....you only get angry if it hits too close to home.

He lists out several examples of 'inappropriate' questions...but singles out Ireland as an *******. why?

did someone get blown off for an interview or made to look silly for asking a stupid question?

Is Mike Silver's mom a prostitue? just askin.....

I can't stand when these tools in the media try and make it about them....it's not about you. no one cares about you.

16. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

17. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

Ireland isnt an A-hole for asking that question. It's a legitimate concern when you are considering paying someone millions of dollars. Family has a lot to do with character imo. Also, Ireland could have just been trying to get a reaction out of Bryant.

18. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

why would you want the world to know your moms might or might not be a ho. sounds like bs to me.

19. Phin-Phan 66

Phin-Phan 66 Cunning Linguist

If in fact it was done, it was done to see the reaction of the player.
    Simply a tool to evaluate him and his temper in a heated situation.

If he didn't make so many stupid mistakes in his past, this type of "drill" would not have been used on him.

20. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

This. However, the Dolphins seem to have the biggest a-holes in the league. Just look at Chad Henne for all the evidence you need.

[​IMG]

His look screams " I am a complete *******, but I get the job done".

The Dolphins don't care about public image, or media relations, or any of that nonsense. They want to build a rough, hard-nosed, ******* team and do not care for anything else.

21. Phin-Phan 66

Phin-Phan 66 Cunning Linguist

and who the **** is Mike Silver anyway?

22. emeraldfin

emeraldfin Gary Speed RIP Donator

I glad to here this, this league and business in general is ruthless. Ireland has shown that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make this franchise a success.

If Ireland felt it was necessary to know that, for whatever reason, then I'm glad he asked that. Players will also realise that they can not feed him bull**** or step out of line without him coming down on them like a ton of bricks.

23. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

I could think of 50 million reasons why marshall was doing kart wheels

24. etsudolfan

etsudolfan A True Fan

25. raving

raving Starter

This article and statements are pathetic.

I say NO WAY it happened like that. I can imagine a scenario where Ireland asked Bryant about his childhood and background. He may have even asked him if certain rumors that float around are true or not.

Interviews occur in a context. Millions of $ are at stake. Peoples careers are on the line.

This article reflects the poor decision making on Dez's part for opening his MOUTH!

And by the way if your ANGRY at another man asking you if your mother is a prostitute, I recommend to Dez not to keep that to himself in that moment. I think telling the guy to **** off and storming out of his office would be about right!

Other then that celebrate the fact that you are about to richer then you could ever hope to be, while being a star athlete playing professional football. Enjoy Dallas. Find some nice BBQ joints. Meet the wonderful people in your organization and have the time of your life!

Good luck to Dez! And learn how to deal with this high profile life with a bit more grace - and don't EVER let another man say something that makes you that angry and not take care of yourself in the MOMENT!

26. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

...are the same as TO's 25 million reasons to live?? :lol:

27. TGall13

TGall13 Tagalager

My thoughts exactly. Being an ex-pro athlete, you hear MUCH worse than that from opposing fans...and sometimes from your own fans...lol.

28. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

our apologies Ted, we had no idea you frequented the site. :foundout:

29. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

wrong ...what your family has done should have no reflection on yourself, it is something you have no control over.

30. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

In a normal business this would be outrageous and uncalled for, but in a business where you are giving young men that you don't really know $10 million+ of guaranteed money, you want to do a thorough background check no matter how uncomfortable it may be. You want to know if the person you are going to draft had a bad childhood or had problems with drugs. You would be dumb to hand over that much money without during your homework.

In a normal day to day business, you are not putting so much money into one person that if they screw up destroys your whole company.

What Ireland may or may not have said is not a real surprise to me when you are dealing with so much money. Have to cover every basis.

31. FINFAN15

FINFAN15 Starter

Interesting I remember watching the Ghosts of Flatbush on HBO about the Brooklyn Dodgers.In the documentary it talked about Jackie Robinson interviewing with Branch Rikki and how he put him through a very rigrious interview and said a lot of humiliating things to him to see how he would handle himself.Of course in no way am I comparing the Dez Bryant interview to the Jackie Robinson interview.Im just saying in these interviews where teams are investing millions of dollars strange questions are going to be asked to see the character of the person there hiring.I am sure all teams asked strange questions so I would not read anything into this.

32. JCfinfan

JCfinfan FinHeaven VIP

Who cares, maybe Ireland had a couple hundred bucks burning a hole in his pocket and heard she was in town.

33. Mile High Fin

Mile High Fin Pro Bowler

And that's EXACTLY the response/answer Ireland was hoping Dez would give him....

Or, would Dez "flip out" and lose control?

It was a test/drill/trial, designed to view his reaction to an uncomfortable situation.
    Good job to Ireland for turning over EVERY stone in evaluation.

34. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

While the question is completely off base and irrelevant to the situation and in bad taste, I would figure it was done more to gauge the reaction of the candidate. It would assume this was a test to see how he handled the question rather then the outcome of the answer.

Or then again maybe Ireland wanted some lovin’ and was going to ask for her number if the answer was yes.

35. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

I just wanna know how much?

36. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Mike Silver,

Go jump off a cliff and die.

Sincerely,
    Society

37. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

who cares.. perhaps his mother is a hooker

38. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

do would it be just as acceptable to say something racist to gauge his reaction, I think thats a bogus explanation

39. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Money.

Imagine if this leaked out about the Jets or Pats, you guys would be going nuts. I know they like to ask bizarre questions to gauge reactions but that seems a little over the top.

40. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

Is this any different than what a mouthy cornerback would say? Is Dez gonna get all pissed off and thrown off his game if DeAngelo Hall calls his mom a hooker? This is much adieu about nothing. You hear much worse on the field, and that's exactly why you ask something like this. You're trying to get an idea of how he'll react to mental jabs from defensive backs who thrive on getting into your head. Just ask Sam Madison about that.

You know what though, it looks like Ireland might have found out exactly what he needed to know about him too. Dez is obviously upset about it, and if it happened in a game situation with adrenaline already running high, it seems likely he would lose focus. Makes it a little more obvious why they went ahead and pulled the trigger on Marshall...

41. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

But we all know Belichick and Ryan are *******s the difference is we all thought Bill was our ******* who would have thought it was Jeff!

42. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

that is a kind of f@#%ed up question to ask... but in the end.... I don't really care.
    If I'm giving you millions and millions of dollars.... I'm gonna ask what I d@&n well please.

43. TrinidadDolfan

TrinidadDolfan 1st Team All-Pro

44. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

Junc you live in Ny right?

Alot of hookers there..??

What's the going rate for a handy?

45. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

$5 dollar.... love you long time!

46. JT-forpresident

JT-forpresident Believe In Miami

ROFLMAO ...

Imagine how that meeting went...

Ireland: So dez, I hear you weight in at 220, you suposedly run a sub 4.5 forty ... i,ve seen your highlight tape and saw your stats... pretty impressive

Dez: Thanks Mr.Ireland

Ireland: Now some more tricky question ... errrr I don't know how to ask this but...

Dez: Go ahead I have nothing to hide !

Ireland: Okay, well, is your mom a whore ?

Dez: ...

Ireland: ...

Dez: no

Ireland: Ooooh, great, wheeew.. glad we got THAT out of the way eh ? haha !

47. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Taken with a grain of salt. Over the years, Parcells has pizzed off a lot of these pissant media types by treating them with the disdain they deserved. Hopefully the grasshopper Ireland has learned well at his feet.

48. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

While there are good points in this thread both for and against Ireland, I do think the question is relevant, distasteful maybe, but often times you need to ask uncomfortable questions.

Sure, it could have been to judge his reaction. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't meant as a personal attack.

But realistically, it is important to know about any skeletons hiding in the closets. At the very least, if the allegations were true, it would mean bad press and could adversely affect his play on the field.

But it is particularly important to know of any ties or relation to criminal elements or gambling issues of the player and his immediate family. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that an outsider with such information could use it in an attempt to blackmail the player for money or to ask him to throw a game.

I do believe that teams are entitled to inquire about things that may be taboo to many other businesses. How and whether the player answers those questions are of course up to them, they can ignore the question completely if they like, but don't get upset if that team chooses to go in a different direction.

49. lurking

lurking Rookie Finheaven VIP

this guy has lied to the NCAA,,,whose to say he's not bending the truth here

50. sunworshipper

sunworshipper FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

This question didn't just come out of the blue. Dez himself admits his mother was neglectful -- he lived much of his life with other family members. She is also a convicted drug dealer. And he gave an interview where he described his dislike of his mother's "change in sexual orientation."