MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

Ireland isnt an A-hole for asking that question. It's a legitimate concern when you are considering paying someone millions of dollars. Family has a lot to do with character imo. Also, Ireland could have just been trying to get a reaction out of Bryant.

If in fact it was done, it was done to see the reaction of the player.
Simply a tool to evaluate him and his temper in a heated situation.

If he didn't make so many stupid mistakes in his past, this type of "drill" would not have been used on him.

Boo hoo. If Miami was such a bad place, then why did Dansy and Incognito sign here? Why was Marshall doing cartwheels?

This is a business and Ireland and co. need to separate the men from the boys. Can't handle the tough questions and don't have a thick skin, you won't last in this league.

This. However, the Dolphins seem to have the biggest a-holes in the league. Just look at Chad Henne for all the evidence you need.

clear.gif

His look screams " I am a complete *******, but I get the job done".

The Dolphins don't care about public image, or media relations, or any of that nonsense. They want to build a rough, hard-nosed, ******* team and do not care for anything else.

I glad to here this, this league and business in general is ruthless. Ireland has shown that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make this franchise a success.

If Ireland felt it was necessary to know that, for whatever reason, then I'm glad he asked that. Players will also realise that they can not feed him bull**** or step out of line without him coming down on them like a ton of bricks.

Boo hoo. If Miami was such a bad place, then why did Dansy and Incognito sign here? Why was Marshall doing cartwheels?

This is a business and Ireland and co. need to separate the men from the boys. Can't handle the tough questions and don't have a thick skin, you won't last in this league.
I could think of 50 million reasons why marshall was doing kart wheels

This article and statements are pathetic.

I say NO WAY it happened like that. I can imagine a scenario where Ireland asked Bryant about his childhood and background. He may have even asked him if certain rumors that float around are true or not.

Interviews occur in a context. Millions of $ are at stake. Peoples careers are on the line.

This article reflects the poor decision making on Dez's part for opening his MOUTH!

And by the way if your ANGRY at another man asking you if your mother is a prostitute, I recommend to Dez not to keep that to himself in that moment. I think telling the guy to **** off and storming out of his office would be about right!

Other then that celebrate the fact that you are about to richer then you could ever hope to be, while being a star athlete playing professional football. Enjoy Dallas. Find some nice BBQ joints. Meet the wonderful people in your organization and have the time of your life!

Good luck to Dez! And learn how to deal with this high profile life with a bit more grace - and don't EVER let another man say something that makes you that angry and not take care of yourself in the MOMENT!

My thoughts exactly. Being an ex-pro athlete, you hear MUCH worse than that from opposing fans...and sometimes from your own fans...lol.

Ireland isnt an A-hole for asking that question. It's a legitimate concern when you are considering paying someone millions of dollars. Family has a lot to do with character imo. Also, Ireland could have just been trying to get a reaction out of Bryant.
wrong ...what your family has done should have no reflection on yourself, it is something you have no control over.

In a normal business this would be outrageous and uncalled for, but in a business where you are giving young men that you don't really know $10 million+ of guaranteed money, you want to do a thorough background check no matter how uncomfortable it may be. You want to know if the person you are going to draft had a bad childhood or had problems with drugs. You would be dumb to hand over that much money without during your homework.

In a normal day to day business, you are not putting so much money into one person that if they screw up destroys your whole company.

What Ireland may or may not have said is not a real surprise to me when you are dealing with so much money. Have to cover every basis.

Back
Top Bottom