MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

ROFLMAO ...

Imagine how that meeting went...

Ireland: So dez, I hear you weight in at 220, you suposedly run a sub 4.5 forty ... i,ve seen your highlight tape and saw your stats... pretty impressive

Dez: Thanks Mr.Ireland

Ireland: Now some more tricky question ... errrr I don't know how to ask this but...

Dez: Go ahead I have nothing to hide !

Ireland: Okay, well, is your mom a whore ?

Dez: ...

Ireland: ...

Dez: no

Ireland: Ooooh, great, wheeew.. glad we got THAT out of the way eh ? haha !

Taken with a grain of salt. Over the years, Parcells has pizzed off a lot of these pissant media types by treating them with the disdain they deserved. Hopefully the grasshopper Ireland has learned well at his feet.

While there are good points in this thread both for and against Ireland, I do think the question is relevant, distasteful maybe, but often times you need to ask uncomfortable questions.

Sure, it could have been to judge his reaction. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't meant as a personal attack.

But realistically, it is important to know about any skeletons hiding in the closets. At the very least, if the allegations were true, it would mean bad press and could adversely affect his play on the field.

But it is particularly important to know of any ties or relation to criminal elements or gambling issues of the player and his immediate family. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that an outsider with such information could use it in an attempt to blackmail the player for money or to ask him to throw a game.

I do believe that teams are entitled to inquire about things that may be taboo to many other businesses. How and whether the player answers those questions are of course up to them, they can ignore the question completely if they like, but don't get upset if that team chooses to go in a different direction.

this guy has lied to the NCAA,,,whose to say he's not bending the truth here

This question didn't just come out of the blue. Dez himself admits his mother was neglectful -- he lived much of his life with other family members. She is also a convicted drug dealer. And he gave an interview where he described his dislike of his mother's "change in sexual orientation."

I don't think it was an appropriate line of questioning regardless of whether he was trying to gauge Dez' response. Jeff Ireland deserves to be ripped for it. He doesn't deserve to be fired or anything like that but if a reporter wants to write an article calling him an a-hole, I'm all for it.

For a team to be willing to invest in a 1st round pick in a player and pay that player MILLIONS of dollars that is a fair question.

Most professionals in therapy and human behavior field know that patterns of behavior are passed down and established in early childhood.

To find out everything possible about a player's parents and upbringing when that player has shown to have BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS in college is WISE!

Out of all the crap Ireland and Company pull this really is nothing!

Don't see how it's unreasonable for Ireland to ask the question. Issues with his mother obviously came into play, so why would that detail be off-limits?

Whether right or wrong, anything said behind closed doors should remain private. He better hope Ireland doesn't end up in the same organization as him some day.

Apparently a lot of teams didn't like the answers he was giving, or his reactions to certain "probing"...:lol:

Whether right or wrong, anything said behind closed doors should remain private. He better hope Ireland doesn't end up in the same organization as him some day.

so anything done inappropriate should never be reported hmm doesnt sound right

If true that pretty F'd up and impressive by Bryant to keep his cool. Cause I would have wanted to know what the F that has to do with me playing football for your team

It all has to do with mental evaluations. If Dez Bryant kept his cool and politely answered 'no' to that question he got a major check mark from the Dolphins.

With the internet as intrusive as it is, people will find out about such a thing and start talking. You can't use a first round pick on a guy that flies off the handle and goes into the crowd to fight one idiot fan that makes an inappropriate, obnoxious comment.

Draft picks in all sports are asked all sorts of messed up questions. Not just personal, but hypothetical. And not just draft picks, people interviewing for real, high-stress jobs get them too. If you know a police officer, ask them if they got any strange questions when they were interviewing.

Back
Top Bottom