MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Ireland’s, Fins’ arrogance unacceptable, Mike Silver rips Ireland and the Fins

Well I remember in Madden you would create your player, based on his parents background. Would you blame me for skipping the duo that has the mom as a prostitute... Just sayin'. You're about to make millions kid, without even knowing if you're production on the field will be ''appropriate''...

if true, i think thats the point... you can hit him with something that harsh and see his reaction... how's his temper? how will he handle authority telling him things he doesn't want/like to hear? etc...

i heard on a recent podcast that in these interviews these kind of questions always come up to shake the player to see his reactions and see how he handles pressure...

the fact that Dez later says it hurt his feelings...BOo freakin hoo....

His Mom had 3 kids before 18 and did time for selling crack. Is that question really that inappropriate?

It was common knowledge what his background was, there is background checks done all the time for any type of job so if your signing a guy to a multimillion dollar contract you may want to know a little about his life.
I thought his Grandma was a crack dealer too.

what does the MOM have to do with the employee? exactly, nothing.
just because the $ increases doesn't mean some questions of that nature become acceptable.

I think you're all missing the point and avoiding the real issue here..

Which is.. exactly how much does she charge, and does she have a business card?

I still think it's a bull***t question for Ireland to ask. He should have been punched in the nose for that. You already knew this kid had a difficult upbringing. That question doesn't answer anything about his potential. If they were testing to see how he will react, there are still better ways to go about it then asking if his mother is a prostitute.

I'm looking at it from this point of view. When you are going to put a player on the field on your team that you gave millions to, you better know how he's going to react when things like this come up. A lot worse things are going to be said to him Miami 20 Jets 21 4th q 15 sec to go on the 50 no timeouts. Your mama was on Revis island last night... and way worse than that. Do you have a guy that is going to let that get in his head?? Think I would have asked the same. Kudos J I

I still think it's a bull***t question for Ireland to ask. He should have been punched in the nose for that. You already knew this kid had a difficult upbringing. That question doesn't answer anything about his potential. If they were testing to see how he will react, there are still better ways to go about it then asking if his mother is a prostitute.

I'm glad Bryant is speaking out, he sure go to ESPN and other media outlets and talk about the questions being asked.

I'd have knocked Ireland square in between the nose.

tell me something i dont know, everything Ireland gets for this he deserves. There are way to many reports and situations to show that he is cold hearted and has zero respect for anyone for it to be wrong. I say let the media and all walks of life tear him to shreds I can careless for him.

Meh... you guys are being up tight for nothing.

If someone wants to pay me 6M they can ask me whatever the hell they want - furthermore i'll respond whatever the hell they want.

Clearly Ireland asked this question to see if he could get a rise out of the guy. Which he didn't. So good job Dez.

Frankly, if my mom was a crack head and had 3 kids before 18, i'd be shocked as all hell if a team didn't ask me about her prior to handing me a check for millions.

wow the line of reasoning some people have on this board. You actually think its appropriate for an NFL team to ask a player if their mom was a whore. So again i ask would it be appropriate to use the N word. This is not a job with the NSA this is friggin football, it would be inappropriate in both cases and if it was asked then they are right to call Ireland out

do would it be just as acceptable to say something racist to gauge his reaction, I think thats a bogus explanation

Really?

Distasteful perhaps, not bogus.

Don't think for a minute that he wouldn't face such taunts during a game. How would he react then? Is he mature enough to handle it. Would he cost us a 15yd penalty and possibly a game?

The again, would past associates of his mom somehow influence his play on the field?

I imagine had we signed Blount, the FO would would have to determine whether he could control his reactions also.

Not saying I like it much but the game is BIG money, not only players salary but betting.

I'm looking at it from this point of view. When you are going to put a player on the field on your team that you gave millions to, you better know how he's going to react when things like this come up. A lot worse things are going to be said to him Miami 20 Jets 21 4th q 15 sec to go on the 50 no timeouts. Your mama was on Revis island last night... and way worse than that. Do you have a guy that is going to let that get in his head?? Think I would have asked the same. Kudos J I

those are fans not EMPLOYERS. Do they ask you about your moms desire to **** guys or not at your interviews even though while you are on your way to work someone might come up adn say hey your mom was tapped by 10 men last night and you turn around and attack the person and does the employee take action? Sure, do they interview to see if you are that type of person to prevent that? NO.

When a cop becomes a cop, do they ask questions like that since everyone hates cops and curses them out? Of course not. End of the day, Ireland ****ED up.

Have some class and respect, you are a billion dollar organization, take responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom