Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick

Rob hoffman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is this season close to being over?

Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but how many more injuries can we sustain before we just can't recover. Remember, we are only through one preseason game.

The fact that Eddie Moore's career might be over before it has begun just makes me sick to my stomach. Why doesn't this happen to other teams?

Unless things change drastically...137 days left in the Wannestedt regime.:(

i feel you man. Right now the season doesn't look to good. But we gotta have faith in this team. I mean, if it would have been Zach out for the season then we would be in deep doodoo.

I appreciate that...I haven't lost faith

and I will always support my Dolphins proudly, but I am getting discouraged...this freaking happens every year...

and there is never a suitable explanation why.

yea and we've only played one pre-seasoner right.....damn this doesn't look good. Yes i'm discouraged, not just by Moore, but alot of other things too

Re: Is this season close to being over?

Originally posted by Rob hoffman

Unless things change drastically...137 days left in the Wannestedt regime.:( [/B]

I understand what you're saying, but of all the things you could possibly pin on Wanny, injuries aren't his fault.

Typical Dolfans.. get hyped up about the team not doing so well before the season begins. You people are taking this way harder than you need to. First off, Moores career isnt OVER.. just his season. Second, 85% of the injuries that are current will be fine but the season opener. Better they get injured now than during the season. Dolfans never seem to have the faith in this team. Just stand by your "team", have faith that everything will be fine and it will. You people are making me sick to my stomach with the negativity. BE POSITIVE!!

we haven't lost faith man, we're just discouraged by the injuries...like i said, if it would have been Zach out for the season then we panick.

Originally posted by MissMeth
Typical Dolfans.. get hyped up about the team not doing so well before the season begins. You people are taking this way harder than you need to. First off, Moores career isnt OVER.. just his season. Second, 85% of the injuries that are current will be fine but the season opener. Better they get injured now than during the season. Dolfans never seem to have the faith in this team. Just stand by your "team", have faith that everything will be fine and it will. You people are making me sick to my stomach with the negativity. BE POSITIVE!!

While I do agree with you that the season isn't over, it is very discouraging going through this year after year. It just seems that if the Fins are ever to make it to the SB they will be taking the hard road.

But again, in no way is the season over at this point.

Originally posted by MissMeth

Amen and Amen.. Call 1-800-WAAH or something. Oh, why me. Could be a lot, lot worse. Look at Green Bay, they lost Gilbert Brown and Bryant Westbrook. Have you heard of the suicide rate going up in Green Bay? Take a deep breadth and wait at least until real game 3 or 4 before you start jumping off bridges.

I don't think there is one dolfan who isn't discouraged...
Players like Corey Jenkins, Jamar Fletcher, Wade Smith, Billy Yates etc.. are going to need to learn fast...
Other seasoned veterans are going to have to step up as well...

Hey look at the bright side ,at least, it's an early season collapse ;)

Thats right MissMeth. Buck up chaps. My god I just sounded horribly english. Anyway. Lets put this into perspective.

For the Houston opener we are set to be missing 3 players.

1. Eddie Moore
2. Ed Perry
3. David Bowens

None of them are even starters! We had hoped Eddie would challenge Morlon for the start but as camp progressed it was obvious that he was not going to.

Eddie Moore's career is NOT over. Duce Staley recovered nicely from the same injury, as did linebacker STALWORT/WRECKINGBALL Keith Brookings. And basically, the treatment for this injury is more advanced now than I believe it was even for Duce when he had it. This isn't an Errict Rhett situation, trust me.

Everything else is just a little knick or scrape...these guys will all be back by the opener. We don't KNOW that Dixon will be out for the opener yet. He was feelin a little problem with his ankle so he had surgery to repair it precisely so that he COULD make a better contribution this season rather than suffer through like he's done in the past. And the guys that are out for most of the preseason, veteran guys who really don't need a whole lot of work to be ready.

Come cryin to me if a starter tears his ACL.

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
I don't think there is one dolfan who isn't discouraged...
Players like Corey Jenkins, Jamar Fletcher, Wade Smith, Billy Yates etc.. are going to need to learn fast...
Other seasoned veterans are going to have to step up as well...

I agree 100%

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
Hey look at the bright side ,at least, it's an early season collapse ;)

:roflmao:

Its gettin a little pessimistic on the board today. Shoulda seen it comin. I might have to stay away for a bit til I feel a few more positive vibes flowin.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Thats right MissMeth. Buck up chaps. My god I just sounded horribly english. Anyway. Lets put this into perspective.

For the Houston opener we are set to be missing 3 players.

1. Eddie Moore
2. Ed Perry
3. David Bowens

None of them are even starters! We had hoped Eddie would challenge Morlon for the start but as camp progressed it was obvious that he was not going to.

Eddie Moore's career is NOT over. Duce Staley recovered nicely from the same injury, as did linebacker STALWORT/WRECKINGBALL Keith Brookings. And basically, the treatment for this injury is more advanced now than I believe it was even for Duce when he had it. This isn't an Errict Rhett situation, trust me.

Everything else is just a little knick or scrape...these guys will all be back by the opener. We don't KNOW that Dixon will be out for the opener yet. He was feelin a little problem with his ankle so he had surgery to repair it precisely so that he COULD make a better contribution this season rather than suffer through like he's done in the past. And the guys that are out for most of the preseason, veteran guys who really don't need a whole lot of work to be ready.

Come cryin to me if a starter tears his ACL.

Actually Mark Dixon and Patrick Surtain have also been listed as doubtful for the opener. Any more injuries and we might be this years Dallas Cowboys.

Back
Top Bottom