Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this season close to being over? / pack it up and pick up a draft pick

Careful Rob, MissMeth is trying to bring you over to the bright side! :saberfigh
:assimilat
:jk: Meth

I think because of the past few years when injuries have occurred and hurt the season that when injuries happen now two camps emerge. The pessimists and the optimistics, I think some people are too far to one side, Myself I'm a fence rider I tend to look at both sides of the issue and base my feelings on the facts presented infront of me, without speculating. In this case I'm not too worried about the current injuries and I'll wait before letting doom and gloom OR over confidence set in.

GUYS, CHILL. We'll be fine. Have confidence.

OMG SEASON IS OVER !!!!!!!!!

Why bother playing all regular season? Just forfeit!!!

:rolleyes:

There are many positives... Fielder, Ricky, Taylor, Thomas, Tolver, Simmons, Jenkins, Banks, Nails is back, Henry, Madison (who is having his best camp ever according to Dave), Hendricks (who's been great on special teams), Seau (who still has a lot to learn but is very vocal), Battaglia is back (although not the best but still a good backup), Griese (see Battaglia), Rosenfelds, Marion, oh and lets not forget... THOMPSON!...
We have many positives.. its a positive that besides LT our offense is looking pretty good. Its a positive that we can still stuff the run like no other. Its a positive that Madison, Freeman, Marion, Knight, Fletcher and Buckley are still great to have that can defend the pass pretty darn well with or without Surtain. You just have to think about the positives and be happy about them instead of always focusing on the negative and letting them bring you down.

Surtain, Konrad, and (maybe) Dixon should all be back for the 1st or 2nd week.. which is ANOTHER positive.

Look im not trying to argue with you here although i am.. i just am so sick of coming on the board the past few days and only seeing negative threads with people thinking the worst of this team and our season. The season hasnt even begun!! Everyone needs to relax and let the preseason play itself out.

WOW, I read all these posts and sides are divided! Has anyone ever considered the option that some of the injuries could be a good thing instead of bad? I see it like this, if another player has to step up and fill someone else's shoes, they know that they have to play hard to keep this team's dreams alive heading into the regular season. Right? Right, well you never know what new star may emerge and make ya say "Damn, I'm glad he's in there making big plays." The point is never give up on your team, no matter what happens cause you never what positive thing can come of it.

Originally posted by MissMeth

Look im not trying to argue with you here although i am.. i just am so sick of coming on the board the past few days and only seeing negative threads with people thinking the worst of this team and our season. The season hasnt even begun!! Everyone needs to relax and let the preseason play itself out.

You go girl! :D

No one is giving up...

its just that some of us see things different than others...

As was said earlier, this has happened the last few years...
In one corner you have the optimists
who figure everything is going to be okay
and let nothing get them down
and every year they come back for more

In the other corner you have the pessimists
who feel the need for vengeance in the wake of 62-7, 27-0 and the New England Debacle
who have seen players go down on the very first day of training camp (Yatil Green and Brent Smith)
and every year they come back for more

Re: Is this season close to being over?

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but how many more injuries can we sustain before we just can't recover. Remember, we are only through one preseason game.

The fact that Eddie Moore's career might be over before it has begun just makes me sick to my stomach. Why doesn't this happen to other teams?

Unless things change drastically...137 days left in the Wannestedt regime.:(

:mad:

Hoffman that post you made is irritating. Sure the injuries are worrysome, but gee it's only exhibtion game.
The bright side could be that Wade Smith may actually show that he can play left tackle now, giving us one for the 1st time in years instead of having to use a good guard to hold the fort there.
Also I was not that enthused about Moore anyway and did not think he would provide much for us this year anyway.

Moore, Surtain is banged up, Marion is banged up....remember, your secondary sucks against us when you're healthy, just imagine when they're not healthy

Back
Top Bottom