MERGED: It's March Madness Time!!!/ Official NCAA Tournament Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: It's March Madness Time!!!/ Official NCAA Tournament Thread

F

finswin56

I've been itching for it to start. Today was a great day of basketball. Most of the top teams seem to be rolling. IDK about Wisconsin, though.
Anyway, I thought the best three weeks in sports deserved its own thread.

to be honest, im not sure about a lot of teams...even ohio state, specifically oden. he'll probably make a nice pro, but im not sure about him in a big tourney game.

i think as a general rule, im going to stay away from teams who cant score very well like wisconsin as you mentioned. pitt has burned me many times, so im staying away there too.

i havent checked out predictions yet, but im sure georgetown and kansas will be getting a lot of hype, but it is deserved

i will be rooting hard against florida this year. noah has to be the most annoying and dumbest player in any game. that dance was cool.............
i like how after florida was given the #1 overall seed, billy packer (i think) said that noah cant complain about not getting respect

I just watched the Oregon Ducks play and they are my sleeper pick to win it all....they have unbelievable three point shooters and all kinds of speed.

to be honest, im not sure about a lot of teams...even ohio state, specifically oden. he'll probably make a nice pro, but im not sure about him in a big tourney game.

i think as a general rule, im going to stay away from teams who cant score very well like wisconsin as you mentioned. pitt has burned me many times, so im staying away there too.

Oden took ZERO shots in the first half of today's game.

He is a monster on defense. He will be the #1 pick of the draft. But he isn't NBA ready by any means. Especially on offense.

Im avoiding Pitt and Wisconsin too. I think a couple of these #1 seeds are overrated. I like Florida but the rest I can see not making the Final Four

I just watched the Oregon Ducks play and they are my sleeper pick to win it all....they have unbelievable three point shooters and all kinds of speed.

And they are a bad road team.

Oden took ZERO shots in the first half of today's game.

He is a monster on defense. He will be the #1 pick of the draft. But he isn't NBA ready by any means. Especially on offense.

Im avoiding Pitt and Wisconsin too. I think a couple of these #1 seeds are overrated. I like Florida but the rest I can see not making the Final Four
i agree, but kansas has been on a roll and today's win was pretty impressive

i agree, but kansas has been on a roll and today's win was pretty impressive

but as long is Bill Self is their coach they will underachieve come tournament time.

I'll agree with Mike about the top seeds. UNC has a tough road. Ohio State, while good, has not played many teams that can light up the scoreboard. Kansas....

i havent checked out predictions yet, but im sure georgetown and kansas will be getting a lot of hype, but it is deserved

i will be rooting hard against florida this year. noah has to be the most annoying and dumbest player in any game. that dance was cool.............
i like how after florida was given the #1 overall seed, billy packer (i think) said that noah cant complain about not getting respect
I expect a lot of people to be rooting against UF. No one likes to see one school get all the glory, it's just natural. Even if I wasn't a UF fan, I would still probably root for them. To me, UF represents everything that's great about college basketball. You've got four juniors who all could have entered last year's draft. The only one whose family really needed the money was the catalyst for the others returning. Once Corey Brewer decided to stay, Horford, Green, and Noah didn't hesitate. This is a team that always makes the extra pass, and wants to share the glory. I believe all five starters have 1000 career points, which is a testament to just how willing they are to share the ball.

Noah definitely has a huge personality, I can see how it would get under your skin. But, he's a really good kid. A reporter spoke about how he secretly followed him around after a game, and was surprised at how down to earth Noah was. Said he went back to sign autographs, and was extremely polite to everyone who crossed his path.

I expect a lot of people to be rooting against UF. No one likes to see one school get all the glory, it's just natural. Even if I wasn't a UF fan, I would still probably root for them. To me, UF represents everything that's great about college basketball. You've got four juniors who all could have entered last year's draft. The only one whose family really needed the money was the catalyst for the others returning. Once Corey Brewer decided to stay, Horford, Green, and Noah didn't hesitate. This is a team that always makes the extra pass, and wants to share the glory. I believe all five starters have 1000 career points, which is a testament to just how willing they are to share the ball.

Noah definitely has a huge personality, I can see how it would get under your skin. But, he's a really good kid. A reporter spoke about how he secretly followed him around after a game, and was surprised at how down to earth Noah was. Said he went back to sign autographs, and was extremely polite to everyone who crossed his path.
thats fair. i do like the way florida plays, i will give you that and its nice to see kids stay in school to give a little back to the program.

noah may be a decent kid. i think what really annoys me most is the way the announcers fluff him. yesterday verne lundquist was in love him. he was calling his name constantly, even on defense just for guarding a guy

i actually like having a really good team to root against. it keeps in interesting and fun...its like rooting against the yankees

thats fair. i do like the way florida plays, i will give you that and its nice to see kids stay in school to give a little back to the program.

noah may be a decent kid. i think what really annoys me most is the way the announcers fluff him. yesterday verne lundquist was in love him. he was calling his name constantly, even on defense just for guarding a guy

i actually like having a really good team to root against. it keeps in interesting and fun...its like rooting against the yankees

:tantrum:

:D Repeat!

Oh, I definitely get the media over-hype. It gets to me too. Especially, since Horford is better in a facet of the game, and Green is always over looked even though UF goes as he goes.

It's always good to have a great antagonist. Notre Dame, Lakers, Yankees, their sports are always more interesting when those teams are successful.

And they are a bad road team.

That's ok Mike....every team is pretty much a road team come tournament time. Not many teams play at home in the tourney so I am not getting your argument? :confused:

Just from a bracket standpoint and not that it matters much, what's the deal with Kansas playing the winner of the play-in game? Thought that would be for the #1 seeded Florida.

Think "my" league the ACC with 7 teams is going to disappoint as the Big Ten did last year. With only 2 making sweet 16 (UNC & Maryland).

Go Heels! But getting to Final Four over Mich St/Texas/Georgetown may be the toughest on paper for a #1 seed at first glance. Followed by Kansas with Kentucky/Va Tech/UCLA, Ohio St with BYU/Virginia/Memphis, and Florida with Arizona/Maryland/Wisconsin.

Let the Madness begin!

EDIT: Sorry S. Illinois! Should have been you instead of the Hokies as the West's #4 seed for Kansas's committee-bracketed path to the Final Four.

Back
Top Bottom