Merged: Jeff Miller-Losing a game . .and really losing your perspective/Worst Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jeff Miller-Losing a game . .and really losing your perspective/Worst Article

This article: Grade E. I hope for his sake this was a joke or a satire on the mindset of a modern Miami Dolphin fan in Preseason.

I think he use sarcasm through out the article but maybe not.

Ya.. It was a little to close to call... but I think it was sarcasm because of the last comment of the article..

"The one in December hurt a little more"

Man at first I thought this guy was being sarcastic, but after reading 4 more paragraphs, it started to blind my eyes! What a jack-a**. If the writers are gonna be like this for the whole season as soon as the Fins make the slightest mistake, we are in for alot of Fin-bashing. Same with the Sun-Sentinel, I think Skolnick and Hyde switched optimistic views for this year. Now Hyde is the one talking trash like,"Jus' give us one memorable moment(fans)", this and that. I wish these dorks quit whinning cause it's only preseason. GIVE THE FINS A CHANCE!

I know...

I read a few of the articles this morning, and I came to this conclusion, with all their inside connections and contacts, and all of their access to the coaches and players, they truly realize alot less than your average avid message board user... Then again they are trying to sell papers, so the cup half full might not be as interesting as stiring up some controversy.

They all forget one very important thing. This is a game of technology...beyond our belief. When you can have access to game film broken up into individual plays all the way back into the 70's compacted in a database...Coaching adjustments can be made at an incredible rate....

My point is why pull out all the stops and have half your playbook figured by the rest of the league by game three of the regular season. Don't get me wrong, I dont hate the Bucs they are a very good team, however everybody is going to be gunning for them, and with them exposing their playbook early, I think will cause more harm than good in the long run.... I may be wrong, but it's just a *Hunch*

Offensively, A few mis-direction plays would've really caught their defense out there. And one thing is certain, Fiedler is our man hands down. And for their offense, asside from them being able to run it up the gut, and also making Shaun King look like Micheal Vick, a few blitz packages and wrinkles would've shut them down..

Simmons
Tolver
Stemke
Moore
Jenkins
Femi
Lee

Just a few words that brings positives to my mind from last night...

Might as well ship Pennington and the Jets back, because they got destroyed.

Who is this *** clown? ;(

The play was followed by the faintest yet most obvious of boos. Official time of first voiced discontent: 7 minutes, 59 seconds into the exhibition season.

:rofl: :roflmao:

Worst Article...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6494041.htm

This article is a complete over-reaction and so exagerrated (sp?) its not funny. Granted the game on Friday wasnt our best performance but it was a PRESEASON game. And we still could have tied the damn thing if was wanted to! Please this guy has made it seem because we lost this ONE preseason game.. we wont make it to the playoffs let alone the superbowl. Maybe he forgets that the 72 undefeated dolphins lost every preseason game they had... AGGG this article erked me... thought you guys would want to read it too.

Pop quiz......

Question 1
What gets more reaction:-

a) A guy quietly applauding in the background
b) A guy purposely exaggerating the ugly parts of a preseason game.

Question 2
Does a journalist want:-

a) More attention - more readers
b) Less attention - less readers

ANSWERS: Q1. b); Q2 a)

By not only reading this guys articles, but posting links to them, you are essentially paying this man's wages. I can just picture him now, should he see this thread. He reclines in his chair, while adopting the most smug, sickly grin on his bitter little face. Sweaty palms rub together, as he lets out a squeaky little laugh.
No offense miss meth, I just think that we should not give this man any more free publicity for what is essentially, inferior to basic high school journalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy spoke for fans. Why you say?

While you may see a lackluster effort put on by the coaches and the players as acceptable....

The season ticket holder who has been bilked out of 50 bucks for each seat (in my case 200 bucks) does not.

The guy sitting in his living room full of Dolphin collectibles primed with NFL Sunday Ticket ready to go does not.

We (the fans) are paying the bills. When you are supposed to show up for work-put in the work.

Coach and player alike.

The article is totally acceptable because it is a forum to communicate with the people who accept our money.

You think the 100 players and coaches are visiting Finheaven?

I guarrantee the majority of them saw the Herald.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Might as well ship Pennington and the Jets back, because they got destroyed.

Who is this *** clown? ;(
the Stillers looked like crap yesterday too, and the went just as far in the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom