MERGED: Jets Release 5 Players (Scott, Pace) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release 5 Players (Scott, Pace)

rob19

Soul Rebel
Reaction score
[video=youtube;u4MiBepW77U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MiBepW77U[/video]

[video=youtube;DcRESwCSU3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcRESwCSU3w[/video]

Honestly getting rid of those players gives them a chance to get better. Most of them were highly overrated! Today is a bad day for the AFC East!

So how much cap space do they have now to fill out the 30 roster spots they need to fill?

They have somewhere between $8-10 million in space depending on what the final salary cap is this season(rumors are it might be around $122 million). Keep in mind that at around $4-6 million of that space will have to be put aside to sign their draft picks, so they probably only have $4-6 million to spend at this moment which is nothing with all their holes to fill. Miami is also going to be losing some starters but at least the Dolphins have around $44 million in cap space and a lot of high draft picks.

6NTN-1.gif

I feel no sympathy whatsoever for the Jets but it should be a cautionary tale about the dangers of selling the farm to try and win now. I hope they suck for the next decade but I think they’ll rebound quickly.

Honestly getting rid of those players gives them a chance to get better. Most of them were highly overrated! Today is a bad day for the AFC East!

Don't worry....... they still have Sanchez!!!!!!!:lol:

They have somewhere between $8-10 million in space depending on what the final salary cap is this season(rumors are it might be around $122 million). Keep in mind that at around $4-6 million of that space will have to be put aside to sign their draft picks, so they probably only have $4-6 million to spend at this moment which is nothing with all their holes to fill. Miami is also going to be losing some starters but at least the Dolphins have around $44 million in cap space and a lot of high draft picks.

With those cuts they are just below 6mil. They only have 10 returning starters (this includes Taco) and have over 25 roster spots to replace now. Of course nyjunc will tell you this happens all the time in the NFL and theres not to be concerned over:brewskis:

Back
Top Bottom