Merged:Jim Mandich Elected To The College Football Hall Of Fame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Jim Mandich Elected To The College Football Hall Of Fame

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Jim Mandich Elected To The College Football Hall Of Fame

Jim Mandich Elected To The College Football Hall Of Fame
Former Miami Dolphins tight end and current radio color analyst Jim Mandich was one of 14 former collegiate players and coaches elected to the College Football Hall of Fame.

"This honor is overwhelming to me. When I heard the news I was completely blown away," said Mandich. "At some point you think the train has left the station, and one of the things that makes it so deeply humbling are the people that are not on the list. To be included is very special to me."

Congratulations, Mad Dog!

Let me be the first on this wonderful board to congratulate Jim Mandich (better known as Mad Dog) on his election to the College Hall of Hame. Another great player from the Perfect Season to be honored.

For those of us who live in South Florida, Mad Dog is something of an institution. When games are televised, I usually turn down the audio and listen to Mad Dog and Howard David. If you haven't listened to him, I'm sure you can pick him up on the Internet.

I had the pleasure of meeting him at last year's Draft Party in the Aventura Mall. He is a very personable, genuine guy who took the time to speak with the fans and sign autographs. I have a lot of respect for him. He adds so much to the Dolphins "experience" because he is from the Perfect Season and loves the Dolphins. His passion for our favorite team comes through his broadcast.

Anyway, congratulations Jim....you deserve it. Another great honor for the greatest team in NFL history!

I bet when the guy gets up to introduce him at the Hall of Fame ceremony, Mad Dog yells over the top of him.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my privilege tonight <ALLLL RIIIIIIGHT YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!>"

:yell:

Back
Top Bottom