Merged: Just re-sign Nails already.../Why No Nails? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Just re-sign Nails already.../Why No Nails?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just re-sign Nails already...

This team needs to bite the bullet and just resign the guy. Everyone knew it was a big mistake to release him. He had a monster year in 2002, got injured, and had a mediocre year in 2003 when he was playing injured. He's fully recovered now... give the guy a freakin' shot. He's only 27 years old and has his best years ahead of him.

There is no one else left on the wire who is really on that "next level." We need to sign a G and have one less thing to worry about going into mid-March.

We resign Nails and it opens up a bunch of possibilities for us... our O-line would look like this:

Smith, James, McKinney, Nails, _______

One hole... which could be filled by drafting either Vernon Carey or Shawn Andrews (if he somehow slips). I don't know about you guys, but I think that would be a monster O-line.

Let go/trade O-gun to get another 1st if possible to pick up another WR, or try everything in your power to trade for Boston.

This FO needs to get things in order, and quickly. We look like a disheveled mess right now. A bunch of 3rd graders could've handled this situation better.

If not Nails, bring in another G like Cosey Coleman, Ruben Brown, ANYBODY! We need to get this situation fixed before it is too late.

Could not agree more.

If nothing else, Nails would give us solid depth.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
i don't think we should get rid of O-gun, at any cost!

Money. Can't afford to keep him for more than one season, after which, he'll become a UFA, and we won't get squat for him. It needs to be done.

And yes, bring nails back.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Money. Can't afford to keep him for more than one season, after which, he'll become a UFA, and we won't get squat for him. It needs to be done.

And yes, bring nails back.

we have room for him now.

read a report that he is heading back to buffalo. no lie. i think i read it on sporting news about Boston but also was one for nails.

I am 100% for resigning Nails.

i agree. nails should be better this year. sign him back and move him to right gaurd which is his natural position anyway. i didn't think he was the problem last year and think wanny was completely wrong for only calling him out.

Nails really sucked last year...was it him coming back from the injury?

My guess is that the injury ended his career......he looked god awful last year........

He did look pretty bad...but the year before proved what he is capable of. Also, the injury that he had takes, on average, 2 years to heal properly. I think nails would be an excellent signing and could compete for a starter job.....even if he doesn't make the starting lineup..he would be an excellent back up. I also agree that Wanny make an error in blaming as much as he did on nails.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Look at Jamal Lewis. Its a 2 yr prob. He could be a steal. Grab him ASAP.

Lewis didn't tear his achilles, Nails did. You got the injuries confused.

look 126, you may be right about his career being over but injuries of his kind take a min of 18 months to properly heal. he was playing in less than 12. i think we owe it to him to give him the opportunity to prove that he is ok...or not. we have some young guys on the roster that could use some developement time so i don't really see much of a risk if we bring him back at or near the league min.

Thats the problem, he wants around 2 million a year.......we can't swing that for a backup.

Originally posted by Section126

Lewis didn't tear his achilles, Nails did. You got the injuries confused.

HMMM could have sworn it was the same injury. If you are correct then..........perhaps we should pass.

Back
Top Bottom