MERGED: Konrad Doubtful for Titans game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Konrad Doubtful for Titans game

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Konrad Doubtful for Titans game

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolnotes07sep07,0,5973426.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
Konrad doubtful

The status of fullback Rob Konrad for the Tennessee game is in question because of what an NFL source said was a staph infection. Konrad, who suffered a bruised knee earlier in the preseason, didn't travel to Friday's exhibition game at New Orleans because of what coach Dave Wannstedt described as an injury-related absence.

In light of the offseason retirement of tailback Ricky Williams, Konrad is expected to play an expanded role in the offense this season.

The Dolphins appeared to brace for Konrad's potential absence by keeping rookie Doug Easlick on their 53-man roster and claiming fullback Jamar Martin off waivers from Dallas. Easlick is a college free agent from Virginia Tech.

Martin is a 2002 fourth-round draft pick who played in 14 games for Dallas last season.

Also claimed was cornerback/kickoff returner Lamont Brightful from Baltimore. Brightful's 24.7-yard kickoff return average was third-best in the AFC last season, but struggled this preseason with the Ravens.

To make room for Martin and Brightful, defensive tackle Tony Brown and released cornerback Jimmy Wyrick were waived.

Doesn't say anywhere that he's "Doubtful". Just that his availability is in question.

Remember last year when several players got the staph infections. Got them really bad. And they were all able to play later that week (though they had to go thru hell to get well).

well hes always hurt, so tell me something i dont know.

JER54 said:

This isn't an "injury". It's an infection you get thru cuts or open wounds. You can even get it while eathing. Half our damn team had it last year. If I remember correctly, they theorized that we probably got it when we played the Chargers (they had it too). Then it spread.

Muck said:
This isn't an "injury". It's an infection you get thru cuts or open wounds. You can even get it while eathing. Half our damn team had it last year. If I remember correctly, they theorized that we probably got it when we played the Chargers (they had it too). Then it spread.
Maybe the Chargers didn't eat enough Flutie Flakes? :roflmao:

Once Konrad is able to play, Easlick heads for the PS and Martin becomes the back-up FB. In fact with Martin at back-up, Easlick may be headed for the street.

better watch your tone there when you're talkin' bout truck face. i'm glad to see he made the team, even if it may be short lived.

Like we need this, this is a serious blow to what positives on offense we have. Defense better play the game of their lives or this could get real ugly real fast.

JER54 said:

What you obviously don't know is that a staff infection is not an injury or being hurt.

jack said:
What you obviously don't know is that a staff infection is not an injury or being hurt.
OK, so we'll rephrase...Konrad always seems to have some kin d of problem every year.

Back
Top Bottom