Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

YONOFU

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Everyone seems so anxious to get LaVar Arrington, who I think will be good pick up only if we get him real cheap. He has a knee injury that is real bad, maybe even career ending. His knee is bone to bone one more bad hit on that knee he is done he had to have 2 surgeries on the same knee. His overall production has not been that good either, Joe Gibbs sat him on the bench half the year last year. For the 8 games he played his numbers sucked. I think he is overated big time. It's to bad we didn't get Peterson he would be great but Arrington I could take him or leave him. If we pay him a very low salary why not give him a try.

You won't be saying that when we sign him, and he starts flattening RB's.
Peterson was injured more. Arrington in the 3-4 will be perfect for him!:eek:

You do realize that there are 4 teams pretty interested in him. Obviously he isn't that over-rated if teams are willing to break the bank on this 3 time pro bowler. Name 5 outside linebackers that are better than him then tell me if he's over-rated.

YONOFU said:
Everyone seems so anxious to get LaVar Arrington, who I think will be good pick up only if we get him real cheap. He has a knee injury that is real bad, maybe even career ending. His knee is bone to bone one more bad hit on that knee he is done he had to have 2 surgeries on the same knee. His overall production has not been that good either, Joe Gibbs sat him on the bench half the year last year. For the 8 games he played his numbers sucked. I think he is overated big time. It's to bad we didn't get Peterson he would be great but Arrington I could take him or leave him. If we pay him a very low salary why not give him a try.

Well that makes one of us.

Pepper2Chambers said:
You do realize that there are 4 teams pretty interested in him. Obviously he isn't that over-rated if teams are willing to break the bank on this 3 time pro bowler. Name 5 outside linebackers that are better than him then tell me if he's over-rated.

Joey Porter, Seau(used to be),.....yep ok u got me hes not underated, and i never thought he was, i just thought id try to name 5

i think he's a little overated but hes still a really good linebacker and i think that he will be a huge addition

YONOFU said:

Peterson suffered a ruptured achilles and he still has not regained his form. In fact, he may never be the player that he was. As for Lavar, he's a risk as well with his knees. I think it's similar to the Brees/Culpepper situation. Both have upside with risks. One has to wonder why Saban didn't actively recruit Peterson? I mean, Peterson seemed to be the perfect fit (having played in the system before). The fact that Saban didn't try very hard to get Peterson yet he's actively pursuing Arrington speaks volumes.

Great athlete who has always had trouble with assignment football and staying in a system. His natural instincts take over and he tends to freelance.Hopefully a stable coaching staff and a change will cause a bit of a turn around. The Eagles let Trotter go for this same reason years back to the Skins when he came back after being released he was mature and now does a terrific job in Jim Johnson's system and has become a leader so it can be done.

Soooo, I guess what you're saying rhetorically is, that Nick Saban is somewhat of a buffoon...and as a coach, is an overrated-overacheiver...so-to-speak...???

Arrington can turn into a beast in Capers deffense. imagine if capers lined up lavar behind Jason Taylor

To OP:

I'd sign Lavar Arrington in a heartbeat.The man is still a beast imo.Remember
Channing Crowder had some of the same concerns about his knees coming out of college and he had a great year imo.Besides if Nick and staff are worried about Lavar's knee I'm sure they'll have him checked out first.Btw ALL NFL players are "one more bad hit" away for becoming strictly fans.

The guy has been in the league 6 years and made 3 Pro Bowls and last year was a half year lol. And Peterson had a worse injury and is way more overrated than LaVAr.

Back
Top Bottom