Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

canesfins13 said:
I agree - he is overated and not worth the money he will get. I just hope it is not from us

sure your not just saying that he went Florida.:wink:

Edit: this is a perfect example why you shouldn't drink and post.LOL I don;t know what I was thinking.

Okay, I might as well just say this in caps lock: WE.ARE.NOT.GOING.TO.GET.LAVAR.ARRINGTON

yeah nt overratted just under achived in a bad situation! he can over achieve in a good one!!!!!

johngarry said:
Soooo, I guess what you're saying rhetorically is, that Nick Saban is somewhat of a buffoon...and as a coach, is an overrated-overacheiver...so-to-speak...???

right, i trust sabans judgement much more than any person sitting on the outside analyizing.

Smut Peddler said:
Okay, I might as well just say this in caps lock: WE.ARE.NOT.GOING.TO.GET.LAVAR.ARRINGTON

Well, I'm glad THAT is over!

Whew. Thank you SO MUCH Smut Peddler, for putting the issue to rest.

How stupid of us to believe Adam Schefter and the ESPN Insider. I'm so glad that you and your expertise can put the issue to rest.

Thanks!!! :up:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Well, I'm glad THAT is over!

Whew. Thank you SO MUCH Smut Peddler, for putting the issue to rest.

How stupid of us to believe Adam Schefter and the ESPN Insider. I'm so glad that you and your expertise can put the issue to rest.

Thanks!!! :up:

You obviously don't know Nick Saban and his, uh, "love" for younger players. That's why getting Daunte Culpepper suprised me. Thanks!!! :rickybrow

Smut Peddler said:
You obviously don't know Nick Saban and his, uh, "love" for younger players. That's why getting Daunte Culpepper suprised me. Thanks!!! :rickybrow

You must not know that LaVar Arrington is, UH, 27 years old.

Arrington is overrated

There have to be some significant issues with regard to the play of Arrington when he was literally benched for not understanding the system in Washington. Gibbs is widely respected as a great coach, who has coached tons of talent in his career. If he couldnt get Arrington to play the team defense with some discipline, why would he be worth 10 million in guaranteed money. There are a ton of great athletes out there who havent succeeded in a team game because they lacked discipline, and Arrington may very well be another one of them. I would hate to see us throw 10 million at this guy hoping he will turn that aspect of his game around. I think we are better off spending the money on other needs, like the O-Line or the secondary.

Arrington would be a great addition to the team. He's young and still can be a dominant linebacker. With that said Gregg Williams who I think is a very good DC but everybody who wanted to hire him is lucky that Snyder pulled out the money did not seem to like him; he "roams" a bit and at times can get out of position. Which is why I think Williams had no use for him during some games. He is a guy IMO, who can make plays and if he does sign with Miami somebody on defense that the team can build around. Zach and JT aren't getting any young and if Saban does sign him I think after Zach and JT are gone can be a cornerstone of the defense along with Crowder. Adam Schefter reported that he believes he will sign with either Miami or Jax, i'm hoping it's the Phins.

GET RAY LEWIS GIVE UP #16 PICK UNLESS SOME HOW WE CAN GET REGGIE BUSH. eVERYONE ELSE CAN BE A BUST, LEWIS IS BETTER THEN ANY OTHER PICK IN THE DRAFT. GET LEWIS AND RUN.................................

Arrington has underacheived and at this point is overrated. However he is one of the most physically gifted atheletes in the NFL. I believe Nick Saban and our coaches would be able to help him reach his potential. I hope we sign him.

dolphins72/73 said:
GET RAY LEWIS GIVE UP #16 PICK UNLESS SOME HOW WE CAN GET REGGIE BUSH. eVERYONE ELSE CAN BE A BUST, LEWIS IS BETTER THEN ANY OTHER PICK IN THE DRAFT. GET LEWIS AND RUN.................................

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhttttt.....

clear.gif

DolphinDevil28 said:
You must not know that LaVar Arrington is, UH, 27 years old.

You're taking this little internet argument pretty seriously huh? :fire:

1. Saban will consider 27 up there, especially with his history of injuries.

2. It doesn't make sense to get him since he's asking too much and is not willing to take a pay cut. He'll go to the Jags who have a lot more room than we do.

Keep the blind faith, though. :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom