Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

Pepper2Chambers said:
You do realize that there are 4 teams pretty interested in him. Obviously he isn't that over-rated if teams are willing to break the bank on this 3 time pro bowler. Name 5 outside linebackers that are better than him then tell me if he's over-rated.
Joey Porter, Shawn Meriman, Cato June, Derrick Brooks, Keith Brooking, Lance Briggs. That's 6. Don't take a knife to a gun fight. Arrington is definitely over-rated for the type of money he's looking to make. Teams don't generally let great players go, specially when they are only 27 years old. You think Gibbs to be a fool? You wouldn't be qualified to spit-shine his SB rings. Oh and... don't take a six-shooter to kill seven men. The LBs were free, the life lessons I might have to charge you for.

CubanCulebra said:
Joey Porter, Shawn Meriman, Cato June, Derrick Brooks, Keith Brooking, Lance Briggs. That's 6. Don't take a knife to a gun fight. Arrington is definitely over-rated for the type of money he's looking to make. Teams don't generally let great players go, specially when they are only 27 years old. You think Gibbs to be a fool? You wouldn't be qualified to spit-shine his SB rings. Oh and... don't take a six-shooter to kill seven men. The LBs were free, the life lessons I might have to charge you for.

Shawne Merriman? Yes he can get to the QB but he's not as good as Lavar yet. Joey Porter? Lavar can do all that Joey does and has better speed. Cato June?:lol: Lavar has far more ability and most of all size. Derrick Brooks yes even at his advancing age. Lance Briggs ehhhh....

Yes he had a great year, but Lavar could be the most talented LB ever and once he finds the right situation which Saban can provide, he'll take off. Remember how Takeo Spikes turned it in a little more once he got to Buffalo? Lavar will have a similar effect here...

He is overrated cause he really does not do alot of " Plays " that are designed. He is a very good LB tho and he plays with alot of Instinct. His biggest prob is staying healthy.

Lavar is overrated, but he is still a good LB. He isnt what everyone thought he would be, the next LT, but he is a solid NFL player.

He has had some GREAT coaches in his career, so its not the coaching. Marvin Lewis and Gregg Williams. I dont think coaching will get anymore out of him. Its up to him. Can he physically still become what people thought he would be and/or is he determined enough to be what people want him to be.

So far, he has NOT lived up to his hype.

By the way, when Spikes is healthy, he is one the best OLB's in the NFL.

Brooks, Porter, Spikes (But Spikes has to come back from a serious injury) are the best.

Merriman is a beast and is BETTER than all of them, but its only one year. If he does it again, he will be on top.

It really doesn't matter if he is overated at all, Saban will not overpay for any player......he will let him walk first.

I'm not sold on Lavar either. But what would concern me the most would be to disrupt chemistry by going out on a limb financially for him. With all the guys who have agreed to take pay cuts for the team, they should be very upset if someone like Lavar, an unknown quantity, were to come in at a Peterson type salary.

No one questions Arringtons physical ability....He's a beast!!! He is a liability in that he would not play within Greg Williams schemes...He has always been known as a guy who freelances...When he was at Penn State they schemed around him so he could litterally do what ever he wanted.....The question is will Saban be willing to do that at Arringtions asking price??? I say no way...

Joey Porter-Maybe
Merriman-Don't compare a rookie to a proven player
Cato June- Are you serious
Derrick Brooks- Old
Keith Brooking- Maybe
Lance Briggs- That's funny
CubanCulebra next time think before you post. Nice Try though

djfresh47 said:
Arrington would be a great addition to the team. He's young and still can be a dominant linebacker. With that said Gregg Williams who I think is a very good DC but everybody who wanted to hire him is lucky that Snyder pulled out the money did not seem to like him; he "roams" a bit and at times can get out of position. Which is why I think Williams had no use for him during some games. He is a guy IMO, who can make plays and if he does sign with Miami somebody on defense that the team can build around. Zach and JT aren't getting any young and if Saban does sign him I think after Zach and JT are gone can be a cornerstone of the defense along with Crowder. Adam Schefter reported that he believes he will sign with either Miami or Jax, i'm hoping it's the Phins.

Well, he was a non factor for half the season at Washington, but he was a beast down the stretch for them...I don't know about his "freelancing" stuff, that may be more of former coaches doing the CYA thing for letting him go...At any rate, he certainly would improve our LB corp and D overall...Capers and Saban are masters at adjusting the D to the players they have...

As a dolfan I don't want him. For every big play he makes there is another play that he misses, due to being out of position. He has always been a freelance player. He was healthy last year and Gibbs didn't want to play him. That should say alot. Plus he wants big money.

YONOFU said:
Everyone seems so anxious to get LaVar Arrington, who I think will be good pick up only if we get him real cheap. He has a knee injury that is real bad, maybe even career ending. His knee is bone to bone one more bad hit on that knee he is done he had to have 2 surgeries on the same knee. His overall production has not been that good either, Joe Gibbs sat him on the bench half the year last year. For the 8 games he played his numbers sucked. I think he is overated big time. It's to bad we didn't get Peterson he would be great but Arrington I could take him or leave him. If we pay him a very low salary why not give him a try.

Arrington was injured and so was Peterson

phinfan999 said:
Joey Porter, Seau(used to be),.....yep ok u got me hes not underated, and i never thought he was, i just thought id try to name 5
i can easily name 5...

derrick brooks
dj williams
julian peterson
joey porter
shawn merriman

arrington did nothing last season. i dont wanna pay him anything near jp money

One4theThumb said:
i can easily name 5...

derrick brooks
dj williams
julian peterson
joey porter
shawn merriman

arrington did nothing last season. i dont wanna pay him anything near jp money

Peterson hasn't made any impact since '04 because of his injury. Merriman had one great year. Arrington has done it for years. DJ Williams(homer) good but let's be serious. Brooks and Porter are both studs on LA's level. I agree the money is too rich for me, but it's not my dollar. If we get him, he'll be our next HOF LB

Back
Top Bottom