Merged:Let's Send Poll Results to Ricky!!!/take him back or not? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Let's Send Poll Results to Ricky!!!/take him back or not?

Are you in favor of Ricky's return?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fins 34 Bills 3

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let's Send Poll Results to Ricky!!!

Hey Dolfans,

I know I know, Ricky messed us up last year, but the past is the past. We all make mistakes in life.

If Ricky's biggest fear is what people might say about him if and when he comes back, then for those of us in favor of his return, let's forward him the results of this poll...Who knows he may even look at this board.

Let the record show that I for one AM IN FAVOR OF RICKY RETURNING TO THE FINS LINE-UP FOR 2005.

I FORGIVE YOU RICKY!!! ;)
2005 Stats No. Yds. TD Yds/Carry
Ricky Williams, Mia 368 1508 12 4.1

I don't know how many times we are going to have to say this, but

HE IS NO WHERE NEAR FOOTBALL-PLAYING SHAPE!!!!

It would take him a whole year to get back to the physical shape he was in. Do you think he is that dedicated? HELL NO!

He's like 195 pounds right now. He would be no where near the same player he was.

Get over it, Ricky is DONE!

NO

He reminds us of Wanny and bad football, he cannot be trusted and would be a major distraction to the team. Can you imagine the circus if he came back!

Couldnt do anything but help us at this point...hopefully we could trade him

Other than the typical emotion based posts negative to RW I don't see how bringing RW back is anything but a risk you have to take.

Provided:
  • He is not counted on to be an intregal part of the offense. Meaning Saban should still draft a RB at the 2 spot if that what he see's fit. RW plays his way back to form (if he can) and maybe he becomes productive the last third of the season. This makes us a better team in 2005 and provides options for 2006.
  • He signs a new deal (cap friendly) based on incentives and managing his disability.
If you take the emtion out of the RW scenario it makes a lot of sense to give the guy another chance.. IMO

NJFINSFAN1 said:
NO

He reminds us of Wanny and bad football, he cannot be trusted and would be a major distraction to the team. Can you imagine the circus if he came back!

It's a business.... players are very forgiving provided you show your worth on the field of play. RW always played hard.

Most of those that could be distracted will probaly not be on the roster in 2005 and certainly by 2006.... RW is still a young guy... a young guy with proven talent... can he do it again.... I would like to see him get a shot.... we have nothing to lose.

whats it going to hurt if he comes back, apologizes, has a great work ethic and proves he wants to play again...you can tell when the guy wants to do somehing he goes and does it 180%.... So if he could straighten his mind to it I think we have a good back coming back to us...

whats it going to hurt if he comes back, apologizes, has a great work ethic and proves he wants to play again...you can tell when the guy wants to do somehing he goes and does it 180%.... So if he could straighten his mind to it I think we have a good back coming back to us...

hes never said anything close to "i want to come back", but you're right he has a great work ethic. if he wants to come back and be serious about it we'd all know it.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I don't know how many times we are going to have to say this, but

HE IS NO WHERE NEAR FOOTBALL-PLAYING SHAPE!!!!

It would take him a whole year to get back to the physical shape he was in. Do you think he is that dedicated? HELL NO!

He's like 195 pounds right now. He would be no where near the same player he was.

Get over it, Ricky is DONE!

Not in football shape... agree

Dedication.... RW played hard every snap.... if it's his choice to come back you have give the benefit of the doubt that he will be dedicated... you have nothing to lose to find out....

195 LBs...... Maybe... like you said he is not in playing shape... but what if he could be in week 10.... the team would be better in 2005 and the possibilites for 2006 would be great (trade)...

It would be a bad move on Saban's part to let Ricky back in the locker room. Too many players lost respect for Ricky when he quit. If Ricky would have done his due diligence in letting the team know earlier and appologizing ahead of time, then he'd be welcomed back. The only value Ricky would bring to the Dolphins right now is in a trade. Otherwise, he stays retired and pays the money back that he owes the Dolphins!

Do you really want to send him these results? Would not make me comfortable when looking at it

Man this subject has been beaten into the ground the last couple of days but anyway I am gonig to put in my 2 cents worth. As I have said before, it is Saban's decision and if he brings RW back I will support it 100%. I don't care if he comes back or not.....I think we have a good team in the making.

Take the emotion out and you have a player who if he comes back and gets caught smoking weed one more time will be gone for another year. That risk alone is not worth the reward.
thedayafter said:
Other than the typical emotion based posts negative to RW I don't see how bringing RW back is anything but a risk you have to take.

Provided:
  • He is not counted on to be an intregal part of the offense. Meaning Saban should still draft a RB at the 2 spot if that what he see's fit. RW plays his way back to form (if he can) and maybe he becomes productive the last third of the season. This makes us a better team in 2005 and provides options for 2006.
  • He signs a new deal (cap friendly) based on incentives and managing his disability.
If you take the emtion out of the RW scenario it makes a lot of sense to give the guy another chance.. IMO

Back
Top Bottom