Merged:Let's Send Poll Results to Ricky!!!/take him back or not?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fins 34 Bills 3, Mar 21, 2005.

?

Are you in favor of Ricky's return?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2005.
  1. Yes

42.6%
  2. No

33.5%
  3. Maybe, if he apologizes to the fans

23.9%
  1. Fins 34 Bills 3

Fins 34 Bills 3 Well-Known Member

Let's Send Poll Results to Ricky!!!

Hey Dolfans,

I know I know, Ricky messed us up last year, but the past is the past. We all make mistakes in life.

If Ricky's biggest fear is what people might say about him if and when he comes back, then for those of us in favor of his return, let's forward him the results of this poll...Who knows he may even look at this board.

Let the record show that I for one AM IN FAVOR OF RICKY RETURNING TO THE FINS LINE-UP FOR 2005.

I FORGIVE YOU RICKY!!! ;)
    2005 Stats No. Yds. TD Yds/Carry
    Ricky Williams, Mia 368 1508 12 4.1

2. DolphinDevil28

DolphinDevil28 I like boobs. Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't know how many times we are going to have to say this, but

HE IS NO WHERE NEAR FOOTBALL-PLAYING SHAPE!!!!

It would take him a whole year to get back to the physical shape he was in. Do you think he is that dedicated? HELL NO!

He's like 195 pounds right now. He would be no where near the same player he was.

Get over it, Ricky is DONE!

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 FinHeaven Elite

NO

He reminds us of Wanny and bad football, he cannot be trusted and would be a major distraction to the team. Can you imagine the circus if he came back!

4. csabe

csabe Pro Bowler

One more time....NO WAY!!! EVER

5. Slappy8800

Slappy8800 Breathing is the hardest thing to do.

bring him back...he owes us money!

6. UCFinfan

UCFinfan Starter

Couldnt do anything but help us at this point...hopefully we could trade him

7. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Other than the typical emotion based posts negative to RW I don't see how bringing RW back is anything but a risk you have to take.

Provided:
    • He is not counted on to be an intregal part of the offense. Meaning Saban should still draft a RB at the 2 spot if that what he see's fit. RW plays his way back to form (if he can) and maybe he becomes productive the last third of the season. This makes us a better team in 2005 and provides options for 2006.
    • He signs a new deal (cap friendly) based on incentives and managing his disability.
    If you take the emtion out of the RW scenario it makes a lot of sense to give the guy another chance.. IMO

8. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

It's a business.... players are very forgiving provided you show your worth on the field of play. RW always played hard.

Most of those that could be distracted will probaly not be on the roster in 2005 and certainly by 2006.... RW is still a young guy... a young guy with proven talent... can he do it again.... I would like to see him get a shot.... we have nothing to lose.

9. Krie30511

Krie30511 Seasoned Veteran

whats it going to hurt if he comes back, apologizes, has a great work ethic and proves he wants to play again...you can tell when the guy wants to do somehing he goes and does it 180%.... So if he could straighten his mind to it I think we have a good back coming back to us...

10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Ready for Henne.

hes never said anything close to "i want to come back", but you're right he has a great work ethic. if he wants to come back and be serious about it we'd all know it.

11. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Not in football shape... agree

Dedication.... RW played hard every snap.... if it's his choice to come back you have give the benefit of the doubt that he will be dedicated... you have nothing to lose to find out....

195 LBs...... Maybe... like you said he is not in playing shape... but what if he could be in week 10.... the team would be better in 2005 and the possibilites for 2006 would be great (trade)...

12. TGall13

TGall13 Tagalager

It would be a bad move on Saban's part to let Ricky back in the locker room. Too many players lost respect for Ricky when he quit. If Ricky would have done his due diligence in letting the team know earlier and appologizing ahead of time, then he'd be welcomed back. The only value Ricky would bring to the Dolphins right now is in a trade. Otherwise, he stays retired and pays the money back that he owes the Dolphins!

13. Lederhosen

Lederhosen Starter

Do you really want to send him these results? Would not make me comfortable when looking at it

14. DaFish

DaFish Banned Hammered

Man this subject has been beaten into the ground the last couple of days but anyway I am gonig to put in my 2 cents worth. As I have said before, it is Saban's decision and if he brings RW back I will support it 100%. I don't care if he comes back or not.....I think we have a good team in the making.

15. csabe

csabe Pro Bowler

Take the emotion out and you have a player who if he comes back and gets caught smoking weed one more time will be gone for another year. That risk alone is not worth the reward.

16. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

What risk??

17. jnewmant

jnewmant Hit folks and like it!

the risk of having a cancer in the locker room, somebody most of the players on the team despise because what he did to them.
    or maybe the risk of somebody that gets out of focus with the game very easily (he did this his second year especially).

18. poornate

poornate We may die, but our actions are immortal

No more Ricky.......

19. PHINPHOURLIFE

PHINPHOURLIFE SUPERSTAR

how bout a metal pipe?

dont want him back dont need him back. he will do nothing but be a distraction in the locker room on the field and in the media. unless you work for the paper how could you want someone like that around. and one last thing yea he owes us money but theres nothing we can do about it let the legal ship take its course. bye bye rickey it time for a divorce! and we want our alimony money *****!:yell:
    :nesucks: :billsbite :jetssuck:

20. thedayafter

thedayafter Pro Bowler

Players are forgiving.... if RW comes back and is productive and tow's the line he will be accepted.... remember the premise is he is not the "go to" guy....

21. phinfan13/34

phinfan13/34 2nd base going on 3rd

I'd say bring him back but let Drew be his agent and have him hype up the "Ricky come back" so we can trade him to Oakland or another team for a 1st, or 2nd rounder!!!! In other words I dont want him on the team, just his trade value.

22. csabe

csabe Pro Bowler

This risk of losing him again. Do you ever think he will not be the "go to guy" and at what salary??? He owes big money and will have to get paid a decent amount. That's what all this is about money. Why does he want to come back??? not to win the Dolphins a Super Bowl with his new "astrobody"

23. jnewmant

jnewmant Hit folks and like it!

i don't care if he comes back or not because if he does i know he won't be the number one guy and i'd like to see him rot on the bench, i want to see the team win but i just don't think i would like to see ricky being productive in teal in orange ever again

24. stoody24

stoody24 Buckeye Fin Fan

Ok maybe you should check pervious threads because i had the exact same poll late last week!!!

it proves what people want!!!

so way to steal my idea!!!

25. spydertl79

spydertl79 A True Fan

Wow, didnt think too many people would welcome his return

26. Kucha

Kucha Pro Bowler

Last year, Ricky basically said that he doesn't care what anyone thinks...but his mental history suggests that he is super hypersensitive which could easily prevent him from coming back even if that was his desire. So the only way that Ricky can come back (in a (somewhat) mentally healthy way) is for him to apologize to his teammates and fans and then wait for the team to trade him so that he can start with a clean slate. Trading him would be best for everyone. I just hope that we don't end up getting a garbage draft pick for him (which could easily happen).

27. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

i just have to say, Ricky doesnt owe the fans anything. how can you say he owes the fans a apology. If anything he owes his teammates and coaches he walked out on an apology, but he doesnt owe the fans a damn thing.

if ricky came back, we would trade him, i dont want a 200 pound power runner that turned his back on his team, has drug and head issues, and hasnt played a down in the nfl in 2 years.....

28. Fins 34 Bills 3

I agree with what you are saying brother. He definately owes a HUGE apology to the players who sweat their brows all off-season to have him turn their backs on him.

29. Megatron

Megatron The POFO bully.

Ricky Williams is not a football player anymore, end of discussion.

30. miamikid92

miamikid92 PHINS'09!! :D

herbert NO

RW is not close to being in shape enough for the NFL :fatman:

RICKY STAY HOME :yell:

31. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

:rolleyes:
    Yeah, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...
    :rolleyes:

32. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Corporate Time-Stealin' Weasel

Rumor has it that Ricky was all but back until he realized that Saban coached at LSU....not LSD!:D

33. JTaylor99

JTaylor99 Well-Known Member

:roflmao:

34. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

35. Phin_Phan

Phin_Phan Well-Known Member

Take Him Back or Not??

Who in here would accpet Ricky back to the Dolphins??? I for one would take him back no questions asked! I honestly believe that if he's supossibly quit smoking weed and is willing too seek councelling then I think he's matured as a man as well as an athlete. If he did decide to quit again.......then I think he would give us plenty of notice and quit after the season and before free agency and the draft......he wont make the same mistake twice.

So I wanna know what you guys think! Take Him back.......or no. and Why or why not.

36. PeterJNO

PeterJNO Banned Hammered

take him back! he can get in shape in a month or 2 and be the same. :lifter:

37. _dan24

_dan24 wha?

another one.... yikes...

38. UltraDol-Fan

UltraDol-Fan The Id

wasn't this up yesterday?

39. DonShula84

DonShula84 Sporty Don

I probably would, but we would need to take a RB like Morency or Arrington to hedge our bet. And this is all contingent that he has indeed quit smoking and that Saban thinks he can add the muscle back by the preseason. I dont think Saban is talking to him and offering counseling because the door is shut on Ricky coming back, I just don't really see it happening though.

40. Fins 34 Bills 3

There is already a thread with 100-200 votes on it which I posted yesterday. vote on that one...it's entitled "Let's Send Poll Results to Ricky!!!"