Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Hayden Fox, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

2. armyphin

armyphin A True Fan

:3w:

3. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I've been saying all along, watch out for Oliver Luck and his informed opinions. This just fuels the fire.

4. Hayden Fox

Bottom line is that the Fins will are not the worse team in the league. We might be a top 5 pick or so, but Indy and Jax are far worse than us.

Do yourself a favor and scout RG III and Landry Jones. Or start to figure what you would give to get Carson Palmer or money it would take to sign Matt Flynn.

5. J Tes

J Tes next generation

Well I have asked numerous times to those of you that think you're so clever by wearing a "Suck for Luck" t-shirt were trying to accomplish? I never got an answer until now. This was your master plan? To get the player you would both literally and figuratively suck for, to call you out and call you stupid? Congrats! You did it

6. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

The Dolphins are 0-4. It's a very real possibility that the Dolphins will get the #1 pick.

7. J Tes

J Tes next generation

8. The New Guy

The New Guy Starter

I doubt it.

9. Hayden Fox

All I am saying is Indy and Jax are really bad. I think there is little chance we get the #1 pick.

The Fins record will be awful, but not as bad as some of these ****-breathing teams.

St. Louis will start out 0-7. However, they will win some NFC West games.

10. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

People don't understand Suck for Luck. Most of us don't want the Dolphins to be bad, they just are. It's trying to have some fun in a season that otherwise would have none. If you told me the Phins could go 10-6 and make the playoffs I would take that in a second, but that isn't going to happen. The teams that are talking about Suck for Luck are teams that don't have a shot at the playoffs or even a decent season. Nobody wants their team to be horrible, but fans don't get to choose. I am just looking for a silver lining in an otherwise pathetic season.

11. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

This is exactly why Suck for Luck exists. The consolation prize is not very good and keeps us in mediocre land for the foreseeable future.

12. The New Guy

The New Guy Starter

You have a choice to root for or against your team. There is only one choice for real fans.

13. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

My point is that most truly are rooting for their team. They just see the silver lining while watching the team be horrible. I doubt there is a huge percentage of fans actively rooting against their team during the games.

14. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Agreed. Real fans root for the team to lose to get out of mediocrity while the fake ones applaud mediocre results and clueless coaches.

15. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Quite frankly when your team is this bad, this early, there is nothing else to look forward to except the draft. There are fans in every city with a lousy team saying the same things some of our fellow Phins fans are saying.
    Obviously no professional athlete wants to play for fickle fans. However, those types of fans exist in EVERY city

16. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Why not just let being "terrible" happen . . . if they are, the silver lining will happen anyway. If they aren't then so be it. . . but do you really think campaigning accomplishes anything? It makes people that do it look kind of pathetic to be honest with you.

17. Hayden Fox

Late...already posted.

18. The New Guy

The New Guy Starter

Nope! I'm all for cleaning house, and it will happen. You don't have to root against your team (which changes nothing) for things to get better. I'm going to root for my team, and what will happens, will happen. I'm just not a crappy fan in between.

See first quote above. Some so called fans think rooting against the team is the right thing to do.

19. MiZFiT

Merge x2?

20. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

If we go that route yet again, this decade will be as bad if not worse than the last. The sad thing is I can see this happening, I'm starting to think I'll never see a real QB on this team in my lifetime, I am lucky enough to have been around when Marino was drafted so at least I got to watch him for all those years but FUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK this is just maddening.

21. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

EXACTLY! Fans are the same no matter the city, when their team is winning everything is wonderful when things are sucking everybody gets pissed. I have several friends who are diehard Bills fans, they are like night and day compared to last year. Bottom line, winning cures everything and this is a coaching staff and team that DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO WIN PERIOD.

22. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

Suck for Luck as an amusing way to look positively at a terrible situation is fine. An actual campaign around it is lame and tacky.

Indy and Jax have to play each other twice. Titans are a lower level team. It doesn't compare to the AFC East. We're easily the worst team in our division. We have been the worst team in the league so far this year. Indy has been bad, but we've never even had a 17 point lead to blow. Number 1 pick is very possible.

23. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

You are getting brainwashed by frustration . . . there are players on this team that give their all come hell or high water and they deserve better from the fans. Yea, I can respect the fans "wanting" better . . . but rooting against you team to lose isn't the route to go. Sometimes you just have to let it happen . . . and just how fans felt justified looking for Harbaugh while having Tony here, even though it looked bad, it leaves a negative reflection on the organization and all that adds up to players and coaches not wanting to be part of a franchise whose fans are that way.

If I really felt campaigning for a college QB would do anything in terms of results/change than persuasion has a chance . . . but all the signs and shirts in the world isn't going to reflect results, it still on the team.

To call a fan that roots for his team to win, no matter the situation, is probably the silliest thing I've heard in some time. If you wanna "Suck 4 Luck" you do it, don't call out fans that just wanna see their team play, even if the results aren't the best. I want change, you damn right . . . but I'm not rooting against my team to tank, if they are that bad, they will do that on their own without me putting into question my fanhood.

And with our "luck" the next regime is as clueless as this one and Luck shows regresses under more incompetent coaching. Maybe Matt Barkley is the better NFL QB. Why even be a Dolphin fan if you are easily defeated as a fan? 39 years with no Super Bowl and I'm not rooting for my team to lose. I have seen them with the #1 pick, I have seen them switch coaches . . . has it really helped? Just let it happen, you don't have to lower your self for something you can't change.

All the campaigning and changes in the world . . . and you STILL have ZERO control if they take Luck or not, even with the first overall. We don't get a vote. Let it play out and go from there.

And rooting for the Jets over the Fins 4 games in. . . have some of y'all lost it on Finheaven?

24. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

LMAO. All you guys that proudly scream "Suck for Luck" and are buying t-shirts just got slapped in the face by the man himself. He doesn't want to play for fans like that. Wow! Good work people, even if we get the first pick Luck won't want to play for those type of fans.

25. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf A True Fan

Well the good thing is that if he refuses to play for us then we get to trade his pick for a team that wants him and get EXTRA DRAFT PICKS.

We'd still be able to get a decent QB + even more picks.

The last time this happened was when the Chargers ended up with Rivers and Eli Manning went to the Giants (because Manning didnt want to play for the Chargers?), right?

26. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness!

Luck saying this is exactly what I love about him - he's a player who can't fathom not giving everything he has on every play.

A lot of the posters in this thread make it sound as if Luck was speaking directly to Dolphins fans. He wasn't because we're not the only team that has a "Suck for Luck" fan campaign- Kansas City, Colts and St. Louis fans have all had "Suck for Luck" campaigns of one sort or another. I propose a new slogan - "We already suck...so let's get Luck!". And if I were Andrew Luck, I would be immensely more concerned about the way Steven Ross handled the Tony Sparano-Jim Harbaugh fiasco and why Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano thought bringing Marc Colombo in as a starting right tackle was a good idea than fans who are tired of seeing their team's (lack of) brain-trust making stupid decisions.

27. endorPHINS72

You can't possibly believe this!

28. Nublar7

The Giants went on to win a Super Bowl. The Chargers haven't.

29. MiZFiT

Chargers havent because of poor coaching, that team has been talented for years.

The Giants won that Superbowl because of their defense​.

30. endorPHINS72

Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls and Dan didn't...so? And Phil Rivers is BY FAR a better quarterback than Eli Manning.

31. Nublar7

He said he doesn't want to play for those type of fans at the pro level. Dolphins fans are not off to a good start.

32. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Pretty ridiculous. Wonder how he feels about the Colts? I mean Stevie Wonder can tell they're trying to throw the season.

33. endorPHINS72

Every fan base that believes their team is sniffing the 1st pick of the 2012 draft has talked about "Suck for Luck". That doesn't leave him many options.

34. Bingit

Bingit Well-Known Member

Wasn't Rivers 2nd choice?

35. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

They're 0-4 and many of them have already given up. They deserve all they get. And so does the awful coaching staff and clueless front office. You tell people not to call out fans who love them some mediocrity, take a look in the mirror. What makes you clowns any better than us who actually want to see a successful team on the field? Nothing. So you just keep rooting for a 6-10 season, a cornfed lineman, and more years of mediocrity. You go ahead and be blind and root for 12-4.

I'll continue to do what I've been doing actually. See the silver lining in losses that are sure to come because this team ****ing BLOWS. Continue to root for losses because they're going to come anyways, and being mediocre is the worst you can be. Worse than completely blowing. In football, in basketball, in just about every team sport really.

endorPHINS72 likes this.
  36. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Well ****ing put sir.

37. endorPHINS72

He might have been, but most teams were enamored with the Manning name and heritage rather than his play at Ole Miss. I remember liking Phil Rivers more than Eli before that draft. The kid had great intangibles and remember when he played against Ohio State and nearly beat them. That sold me on him.

38. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

the rams have a very good shot at the first pick. they flat out suck. they have not even been somewhat competitve in their games.

i wouldn't even count on them beating some nfc west teams for sure. can they? well its the nfl, anything can happen. But if you have watched them play this season, they seem like they wouldn't be able to beat a varsity high school football team.

they will go 3-13 at best.

39. endorPHINS72

Awesome!!! Couldn't have put it any better myself.

40. Kdawg954

All I'm saying is you don't have the right to call out fans who root for their team to win, no matter what you believe the state of the team is. They aren't wrong for rooting for the Dolphins. I want change as well, that doesn't mean I have to root against my team to "tank" games to accomplish that. How can you seriously argue for a top pick, when we have had a top 2 pick twice in the last 6 drafts, both times with a new regime in place and results didn't happen? Hell you can even throw in 2007 when we had the #9 pick, had a chance at QB and it didn't work. What on earth gives you the knowledge that a new regime won't do the same? What the same hope as those hoping for 12-4? Please, you campaigning for change does nothing to improve the team . . . its the same faded hope of fans not giving up on the 2011 season. The only gratification a Miami fan has at this moment is hope that they can find a way to beat the Jets on Monday . . . and you "Suck 4 Luck F*cks" wanna take that away?

Go ahead and vent your frustrations, but your wrong and so is everybody else rooting to tank the season. If it happens it happens, rooting for it to happen is stupid.

4 regimes and each one has passed on QBs . . .Brees, Rodgers, Quinn, Ryan . . . . 5th times the charm I guess.