Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

This is pure comedy, the fact that Luck would say that kinda burst the bubble of the Luck jock riders on this site. I can feel for him why would you want to come to a team where the fanbase is DUMB enough to root for you to lose.

It makes you wonder what happens if he doesnt throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's his first game is the fanbase going to rip him to shreds? I think this was the reason that Manning might not wanted to go to SD beacuse they were so bad and instead opted to go to a decent team.

Either way i think we kinda are stuck in a hard place with no proven QB besides Luck so we kinda got to roll with thatever happens. Im still worried about Ireland still being here tho and screwing this up.

example: Taking Odrick instead of Earl Thomas at 12...pure jackassery

lol @ the notion that luck won't want to play for whoever drafts him, and pays him what 50m?

Let me get this staright? "Real fans root for their team to lose"? Come on, you're better than that. Who's applauding mediocre results? I'm certainly not. I'm just not going to watch the Jets game monday and be happy if on 3 and 8, Bart Scott sacks Moore or Revis picks him off! That I won't do. In that scenario, in your mind, i'm the fake fan and you're the real one? Yeah okay! You go with that

And you go with rooting for a couple meaningless wins to get us out of position for the absolute best chance we have at becoming a great team again. Then maybe after going 4-12 or 5-11, we can get back to those wonderful 7-9 seasons for the rest of eternity. I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

It's people finding a way to enjoy a bad situation. The only reason to watch sports is for entertainment so stop telling people how they can and cannot be entertained.

Arent you doing the same thing by telling people not to do it though?

They're 0-4 and many of them have already given up. They deserve all they get. And so does the awful coaching staff and clueless front office. You tell people not to call out fans who love them some mediocrity, take a look in the mirror. What makes you clowns any better than us who actually want to see a successful team on the field? Nothing. So you just keep rooting for a 6-10 season, a cornfed lineman, and more years of mediocrity. You go ahead and be blind and root for 12-4.

I'll continue to do what I've been doing actually. See the silver lining in losses that are sure to come because this team ****ing BLOWS. Continue to root for losses because they're going to come anyways, and being mediocre is the worst you can be. Worse than completely blowing. In football, in basketball, in just about every team sport really.

There's a huge difference in seeing the "silver lining" to what has been and most likely will continue to be a horrible season. It's another to wear a shirt or have a campaign that says "I want my team to lose". I want Miami to win every game. In your eyes, that makes me a bad fan. In reality, I know Miami isn't going to win many games this season and that if things continue the way they are, the coaching staff is gone, maybe the GM and there's a good chance Miami will have the opportunity to draft Andrew Luck or a Landr Jones. Knowing that makes the losses easier to follow but that doesn't mean i'll ever root for them to lose or get enjoyment out of a lose!

I'm not calling out anybody. I'm defending myself from some idiots who feel the need to call us "fake fans" because we have a clue and hate mediocrity and want to see a successful team on the field. Calling us "fake fans" because we're not blind homers who realize we've sucked for a decade because we've had ****ty QB play for a decade. Because we realize Andrew Luck is a golden ticket to being a great team again, while Landry Joens and Matt Barkley aren't even close to the prospect that Luck is. Because we realize franchise LT's and franchise centers don't win championships.

Thanks for the analysis Mel Kipper Jr. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. You were probably one of the guy who wanted Brady Quinn. How did that turn out. I'm not saying Luck will be a bust, but it is really stupid to root for losses to get the guy. If the phins are in position to draft him, and they think he is the guy, great.

This is pure comedy, the fact that Luck would say that kinda burst the bubble of the Luck jock riders on this site. I can feel for him why would you want to come to a team where the fanbase is DUMB enough to root for you to lose.

It makes you wonder what happens if he doesnt throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's his first game is the fanbase going to rip him to shreds? I think this was the reason that Manning might not wanted to go to SD beacuse they were so bad and instead opted to go to a decent team.

Either way i think we kinda are stuck in a hard place with no proven QB besides Luck so we kinda got to roll with thatever happens. Im still worried about Ireland still being here tho and screwing this up.

example: Taking Odrick instead of Earl Thomas at 12...pure jackassery

It isn't bursting the bubble of anybody really. Those of us with a clue know this is going on with every fanbase who's team blows. If Luck really doesn't want to play for a fanbase who's given up on their awful teams and is hoping for a true franchise changer, he's never going to play in the NFL.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Thanks for the analysis Mel Kipper Jr. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. You were probably one of the guy who wanted Brady Quinn. How did that turn out. I'm not saying Luck will be a bust, but it is really stupid to root for losses to get the guy. If the phins are in position to draft him, and they think he is the guy, great.

You're welcome. And no, I didn't want Brady Quinn, but thanks for assuming that I guess.

The team deserves no support. Our owner deserves empty seats.

You don't love the dolphins like I do then. I show love and support to those who don't deserve it all the time. That is how you know it is true love.

You don't love the dolphins like I do then. I show love and support to those who don't deserve it all the time. That is how you know it is true love.

You call it true love. I call it being an enabler. Hopefully those people you're showing love to aren't drug addicts or they're probably lying in a ditch somewhere dead.

Arent you doing the same thing by telling people not to do it though?

No if people don't want to admit how bad this team is and want to continue to think this team has a shot, I say go for it. If they can watch this team and be entertained by having hope I won't take that away from them. Coming into this season I had no hope. After the Cleveland game those fears were realized. At that point I knew this was a potential 1st pick type of team. So I get no enjoyment out of hoping because I have no hope. If others still have hope I am glad for them and hope they can hold onto it.

I'm not calling out anybody. I'm defending myself from some idiots who feel the need to call us "fake fans" because we have a clue and hate mediocrity and want to see a successful team on the field. Calling us "fake fans" because we're not blind homers who realize we've sucked for a decade because we've had ****ty QB play for a decade. Because we realize Andrew Luck is a golden ticket to being a great team again, while Landry Joens and Matt Barkley aren't even close to the prospect that Luck is. Because we realize franchise LT's and franchise centers don't win championships.

I honestly believe you won't find anybody who doesn't feel we need a QB in the worst way. I think more than Andrew Luck, we need the right coaching staff in place.

Give me Barkley and the RIGHT coaching staff/GM over Luck and the wrong coaching staff/GM. Fans need to be more concerned with who is going to be pulling the trigger next season.

How would you feel if Ireland/Sparano stayed and drafted Andrew Luck?

You don't have to answer, point is, fans who haven't joined S4L aren't against getting Luck, there is so much other stuff and that possibility is over 6 months away . . . hell I wanna enjoy beating the Jets now. We have been in the drivers seat numerous times and we have been let down.

Me rooting for the Fins to beat the Jets isn't me being a "blind homer" its about me being a fan, hoping the team I love beats arguably its most hated rival. All this other nonsense is second nature to me. Its mother****ing Jets week . . . Fins need to be kicking some ***. And if they lose, hell I didn't have to campaign for them to lose, it happened anyway.

All I'm saying is you don't have the right to call out fans who root for their team to win, no matter what you believe the state of the team is. They aren't wrong for rooting for the Dolphins. I want change as well, that doesn't mean I have to root against my team to "tank" games to accomplish that. How can you seriously argue for a top pick, when we have had a top 2 pick twice in the last 6 drafts, both times with a new regime in place and results didn't happen? Hell you can even throw in 2007 when we had the #9 pick, had a chance at QB and it didn't work. What on earth gives you the knowledge that a new regime won't do the same? What the same hope as those hoping for 12-4? Please, you campaigning for change does nothing to improve the team . . . its the same faded hope of fans not giving up on the 2011 season. The only gratification a Miami fan has at this moment is hope that they can find a way to beat the Jets on Monday . . . and you "Suck 4 Luck F*cks" wanna take that away?

Go ahead and vent your frustrations, but your wrong and so is everybody else rooting to tank the season. If it happens it happens, rooting for it to happen is stupid.

4 regimes and each one has passed on QBs . . .Brees, Rodgers, Quinn, Ryan . . . . 5th times the charm I guess.
Exactly! The day rooting for your team to win makes you a bad fan is the day I stop watching sports

You call it true love. I call it being an enabler. Hopefully those people you're showing love to aren't drug addicts or they're probably lying in a ditch somewhere dead.

Supporting is not the same as enabling. I don't work for the dolphins so I have no control over what goes on. Changes will be made next season whether you support the team or not.

The people wanting to Suck for Luck are not the ones attacking the other side. They are firing shots back because people keep accusing us of being bad fans.

Back
Top Bottom