Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

Wanting to get Luck is totally different than rooting against the team.

If the shoe fits?

By all means explain to me how you can root to get the number one pick and for the dolphins to win each week. If you root for one you obviously can't hope for the other

Please, don't turn it into a philosophy . . . it is stupid, but you are entitled to your opinion. Whether you are down with a campaign to "Suck 4 Luck" or not, what you and countless are failing to realize is IT HAS NO BEARING ON WHERE THE MIAMI DOLPHINS FINISH OR WHO THEY ARE GOING TO SELECT. I can "not" join your silly campaign and still be satisfied if we got the #1 pick. Why do I have to root against my team when I don't have to? That makes the whole idea silly, and by the comments of Luck and others . . . it also make you look unappealing to those who could eventually help with change.

But go ahead and suck, suck, suck away for Luck.

Exactly!

By all means explain to me how you can root to get the number one pick and for the dolphins to win each week. If you root for one you obviously can't hope for the other

Rooting for the dolphins does not determine if they win or lose. You don't have to have the #1 pick for things to get better. In fact, the guy that goes #2 has a much better success rate than the #1 guy. See Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, and so on.

I can root for the Dolphins and if they lose I still can be comforted by maybe us getting a top pick to select a great QB. However if you root for them to lose and they win a few games, what have you really gained?

I can play this dumb *** game as well.

Suck for Luck as an amusing way to look positively at a terrible situation is fine. An actual campaign around it is lame and tacky.

Indy and Jax have to play each other twice. Titans are a lower level team. It doesn't compare to the AFC East. We're easily the worst team in our division. We have been the worst team in the league so far this year. Indy has been bad, but we've never even had a 17 point lead to blow. Number 1 pick is very possible.

The Titans are a "lower level" team. They are 3-2 with a win vs. Baltimore.

You make my point that the Colts and Jags play each other. OBVIOUSLY, someone has to lose leaving one **** team to "compete" with.

Again, do yourself a favor and cover yourself by watching Jones and RGIII. They are going to be effective at the next level.

RGIII could bring something that no other Fins QB has in the franchise's history.

The difference is one is doing that right now, while the other might come along later if they get what they want.

No both groups would love for the Dolphins to be good right now. The other group is not leaving the Dolphins and coming back later when they are good they are here right now rooting for the Dolphins to get good. Maybe if this team worried more about winning and less about prostitutes and celebrities they wouldn't have pissed off half of it's fan base.

Rooting for the dolphins does not determine if they win or lose. You don't have to have the #1 pick for things to get better. In fact, the guy that goes #2 has a much better success rate than the #1 guy. See Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, and so on.

Sitting at home rooting for or against the dolphins has no effect on the outcome if the game. I think everyone realizes this. But that's not what we are talking about. You said you hope we get Andrew luck. The only way to get him is with the number one pick. How can you hope to get that pick and root for the dolphins at the same time?

This is exactly why Suck for Luck exists. The consolation prize is not very good and keeps us in mediocre land for the foreseeable future.

I cannot believe some of you guys....BUILD A TEAM. Whether it is with Luck or RGIII or someone else.

BUILD A TEAM.

I hope you are not thinking the team will suck for 10 years if we do not get Luck. Brutal mind frame. Brutal.

No both groups would love for the Dolphins to be good right now. The other group is not leaving the Dolphins and coming back later when they are good they are here right now rooting for the Dolphins to get good. Maybe if this team worried more about winning and less about prostitutes and celebrities they wouldn't have pissed off half of it's fan base.

Rooting for your team to suck is not rooting for it to get better. I understand you want Luck, but rooting against the team is not the way to go about it. If this team goes 0-16, we have more problems than the QB. So, the Dolphins are 0-16 and get Luck. Are you prepared for several losing seasons with Luck at QB? How long before we start the suck for ???? campaign? If it is going to happen, it is going to happen.

I can root for the Dolphins and if they lose I still can be comforted by maybe us getting a top pick to select a great QB. However if you root for them to lose and they win a few games, what have you really gained?

I can play this dumb *** game as well.

Well that's different than isnt it. Feel free to root for them. It's your right and if we stumble in Andrew luck in sure you and many others will feel comforted that we got him. But you can't openly want both. I want Andrew luck. Therefore I have to hope the dolphins lose.

Well that's different than isnt it. Feel free to root for them. It's your right and if we stumble in Andrew luck in sure you and many others will feel comforted that we got him. But you can't openly want both. I want Andrew luck. Therefore I have to hope the dolphins lose.

I would rather this team be a good team and have to trade up, or go with another guy than to have us at 0-16 to get Luck. A lot of teams turn things around at 6-10, or 8-8. (Rams and Saints) At 0-16 it takes time. (Lions)

Bottom line is that the Fins will are not the worse team in the league. We might be a top 5 pick or so, but Indy and Jax are far worse than us.

Do yourself a favor and scout RG III and Landry Jones. Or start to figure what you would give to get Carson Palmer or money it would take to sign Matt Flynn.
I agree I see us getting top 5 pick not top pick. Unless we go for the loss in all games.

Rooting for your team to suck is not rooting for it to get better. I understand you want Luck, but rooting against the team is not the way to go about it. If this team goes 0-16, we have more problems than the QB. So, the Dolphins are 0-16 and get Luck. Are you prepared for several losing seasons with Luck at QB? How long before we start the suck for ???? campaign? If it is going to happen, it is going to happen.

I am not rooting for this team to suck, they just do.

Again, do yourself a favor and cover yourself by watching Jones and RGIII. They are going to be effective at the next level.
Wise words.

Getting Luck is a long-shot. Getting one of the top 3 QB's of the draft is very much a reality.

The Dolphins are going to win or lose on their own. No reason to make yourself and the entire fanbase look like jackasses in the process. Suck for Luck is embarrassing.

Ross is gonna do what he's gonna do regardless of how many temper tantrums are thrown on finheaven over Sparano and Ireland. If the Dolphins keep losing one or both of those guys are gone. Still bitching about them is a dead horse subject.

All this pissing back an forth. It's meaningless. It's not going to change a thing.

Have some class, support the team. They will probably still lose anyway.

However, I'm a clueless homer. 12-4 is still possible and the Dolphins have only lost 1 Division game so that is still a possibility as well. SUPERBOWL, HERE WE COME!

Back
Top Bottom