MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

Its not a big deal, period. Nor should it be. And comparing him to Jackie Robinson is just plain stupid. There is no there, there. Those that do that, lose all credibility.

He is NOT THE FIRST to do it in pro sports. Jason Collins did it just last year. SI had him on the cover. Also, there were professional tennis players who came out, long before this cat did.

The agenda is apparent . You may not think so, but it is. Your language talking to those you disagree with, proves my point. When Phil Robertson came out and said his thing about gay men, the whole world came down on him and his family. The names flew from the left and their cohorts on TV. The boycotts and basement warriors from HuffPost were ready to march. But this guy, is a hero. He is getting glowing coverage. All because of his sexuality, not his skill set, but his sexuality.

I have no problem with people comparing him to Jackie, he is the first in one of the 3 major sports to come out, yes Jason did but it was after his career was over this young man will be the first to actually share a locker room and play on the field with the entire world knowing he is gay.....

So honest questions here.

If a religious player comes out and says they do not accept Sam because he is a gay man, and that is against their religion and beliefs, does that mean he is "wrong"?

Hate the sin, love the sinner. Again, if they don't have the same reaction toward divorced men, philanderers, adulterers, etc. they are just flat hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is why you are closed minded and unintelligent. Because in your world view, only WHITE people believe as I do. Never mind facts or reality.

At least your admitting you are a ass then. Assume away.

No not only whites, but ignorant blacks as well such as Alan West, he does it because of the money what's your excuse?

Wow, your post here goes to show intolerance is a two way street. Double speak much? I won't start name calling, because it isn't worth it. But re read your post and notice the utter hypocrisy of your own beliefs. Its the intolerance of the left, that shows it self, slowly but surely.

Do you understand what the word hypOcrite means? If you did there's wino way you could use that towards my comment.

I have no problem with people comparing him to Jackie, he is the first in one of the 3 major sports to come out, yes Jason did but it was after his career was over this young man will be the first to actually share a locker room and play on the field with the entire world knowing he is gay.....

Jason Collins when he came out, was still wanting to play.

Also, Tennis was quite abit more popular than the NBA in the 80s. Martina and Billy Jean were in alot of living rooms in their hey day. Watching Martina play, you had to be a complete moron to not know her preference, before she came out.

Again, Sam is now a celebrity for nothing more than his sexual preference and not his skill set. He was projected 3rd-5th round before, and is still sitting there.

Sam's timing is interesting. He could have made the announcement shortly after Mizzou's season ended. This will probably overshadow everything NFL related you know the combine, the finding of the Wells report, etc...

I really don't care about someone else's orientation. If MS is honest with himself and his teammates (past, present, & future) have no issues then I don't see what the big deal is.

My question is locker room effect. How will players react to someone who is physically attracted to them? It's equivalent to women and men in the same locker room undressing in front of one another. Can players handle this? Some will and some won't.
What exactly are thinking is going to happen in the locker room if Sam is in there? Do you think he's going to be leering at some other player's ass? Do you think he's going to be grabbing someone's junk in the shower stalls? The fact that he got through a Div.1A college program without any locker room issues coming up tells me all I need to know on that subject.

It is amazing how the gay agenda is being pushed by the media these days. Every other story is gay this, gay that.
I haven't noticed that, but I suppose if you're sensitive to it you'd notice it more than I. Growing up in Brooklyn, NY, I've known gay people nearly my entire life. I don't see their issues as being different from the issues any other minority deals with when they're not being given full equal status.

It takes ABSOLUTELY no courage in today's media to come out. NONE. He is now a cause celebrity. He is now famous for one thing, and it isn't play on the football field.
Of course it does. Prior to coming out nationally, he could have counted on being drafted within a certain window and now that's in question. Some are even speculating he won't get drafted at all. He wants to be a professional football player and he's risking that, not to benefit himself, but to benefit those that come after. In my book, that's courage.

In todays PC media it takes more courage for a person to say he disapproves of the homosexual lifestyle than to come out as being gay. One will get you an avalanche of hate mail, the other will get you an invitation to sit with the Presidents wife.
Nonsense. Homophobic bigots are paid very well over at Fox News. It takes no courage at all to buy into negative stereotypes and let those that propagate them lead you around by the nose.

So.... should the media make a big spectacle if say Ryan Tannehill comes out and says "I'm a proud straight man"?
If straight men were a longtime oppressed minority, sure. But since straight men have always been the group at the top of the ladder, it wouldn't be much of a revelation, would it?

Welcome to the liberal agenda. Freedom of speech, unless it offends someone.
Did someone stop you from speaking? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from criticism. Anyone in this country is allowed to say all manner of stupid, offensive, bigoted things, and anyone else is allowed to point out the stupidity, the offensiveness, and the bigotry.

So because I speak my mind and my beliefs now I'm the enemy?

Cmon man. Can't have your cake and eat it too I see.

So I can say what I wan't but not without fear of persecution is what you are saying? Because I do not agree with what you agree with I'm automatically wrong?

Wow.....

Maybe this Sam guy would be a good on Miami. He could be another clown in this circus. And he would be close to South Beach. :chuckle:

Its not a big deal, period. Nor should it be. And comparing him to Jackie Robinson is just plain stupid. There is no there, there. Those that do that, lose all credibility.

He is NOT THE FIRST to do it in pro sports. Jason Collins did it just last year. SI had him on the cover. Also, there were professional tennis players who came out, long before this cat did.

The agenda is apparent . You may not think so, but it is. Your language talking to those you disagree with, proves my point. When Phil Robertson came out and said his thing about gay men, the whole world came down on him and his family. The names flew from the left and their cohorts on TV. The boycotts and basement warriors from HuffPost were ready to march. But this guy, is a hero. He is getting glowing coverage. All because of his sexuality, not his skill set, but his sexuality.

What a JOKE. You actually want to say that he has an AGENDA?

Dealing with people's outright hypocrisy is what keeps gay athletes from being 'allowed' to be themselves. He isn't the first to do it in pro sports, but he is the first to do it in what will soon be NFL football.

His only agenda was getting it off his chest, because it isn't easy. You have NO clue what that is like, UNLESS you have something you want to share with us also? In which case we can have a small Finheaven press conference, too.

Your agenda is apparent -- you are making this about politics. This is about a person being who they want to be, and not allowing the general culture of the NFL to dictate that. The kid is a pioneer, and has more cajones than you will ever allow yourself to understand because you keep getting hung up on politics.

Nonsense. Homophobic bigots are paid very well over at Fox News. It takes no courage at all to buy into negative stereotypes and let those that propagate them lead you around by the nose.

This says more about you than Fox. I dont' watch Fox but I doubt you could even find any of them saying anything non PC on this topic. Please prove me wrong.

I don't think we should draft him. We've had more than our fair share of drama. Don't need someone calling him a f*g in the locker room and he has a hissy fit or something. Save the drama for yo mama!
On the other hand, he's more of a man than Jonathan Martin wil ever be.

No not only whites, but ignorant blacks as well such as Alan West, he does it because of the money what's your excuse?

What is your excuse for being so hateful? Why are you something you rail against? You are the typical liberal who has to go to such hateful language to make your point. Your sensitivity meter is boiling over. You make my point, its easier to come out as gay, than to not support such a cause. And thank you for making this point time and time again.

Back
Top Bottom