MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

Media Matters, really, you align with those guys? Second, this was in reference to Duck Dynasty, not Sam. Still waiting.

IIRC, your comment was about Fox News not being anti-gay, not specifically about the Sam story.

Edit: I just went back and reread what you wrote. I'm wrong. But give it a few days, I'm sure it will turn up.

Ditto for you. And the same for Sam. He put himself up for scrutiny. But the scrutiny is all one sided. Its praises and hero status for him. While you people shout down and name call those who disagree. Tolerance? Not really. GLAAD and others try to get Dynasty off the air. Cracker Barrel...that boycott was in the making.

Now who's complaining about someone else's free speech?

For a bunch of people who constantly scream "Freedom!" and "Constitution!," it is rather remarkable, isn't it?

It's the paradox of it. The people who scream the loudest usually know the least. Being ignorant of the subtleties leaves you with a pure mind so you can focus on volume.

It's like the uproar over that Coke ad with "America the Beautiful" was translated into a bunch of languages. Who were the loudest protesters... people saying that the National Anthem shouldn't be translated. :bobdole:

Imagine the debate that will go on in the locker room, and folks on this board think he will be a celebrity and have it easy smh.....

oh he won't have it easy...he's put a target on his back...and will bring some questions in the lockerroom to teammates and unwanted attention as the media eats it up...but again the bottom line as i see it is this guys marginal nfl player to begin with...not a gonna make it on specials one...

wouldn't surprise me if he didnt make a 53 in 2014...that's how little i think of his pass rush tools getting the job done in the pros...and if he does get cut who wants to bet some cat in the media blames it on coming out???

Big mistake on his part. Look at the basketball player who came out as gay when he was a free agent... still a free agent.

No matter how the players feel about it a GM wont want to bring him in because it will turn the locker room into a media circus because all that makes is more distractions. And as a dolphins fan it was clear last year that distractions aren't very good for a team.
It's probably not because he is gay why he is not signed. Jason Collins is 35, almost 36. That's the main reason, methinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disapprove of homosexuality.
Then you shouldn't be a homosexual.

Do you 'hate' pedophiles because they were born that way as well using that logic.
Unless you're telling me that children are a different gender from male and female, this is a poor example. We don't allow children to make the decision to have sexual relations with adults and with good reason.

Seriously, this is what your going to now? This is played out.

I don't have a religious leader. I have a moral compass passed down to me by my parents and grandparents. I have a family that helped me learn a set of principles. One of which is to believe as you may, but to respect others. I have not name called Sam, other than calling him a teabagger. I have simply stated you people are intolerant of those who view his life style as wrong. His celebrity status today, is because of his life style, not his skill set. He is made a hero because of his choice to come out before the draft.

Your the opposite end of the rubber band. You pull and snap at people, eventually leading for the snap back. I won't let you or anyone degrade me for my beliefs. Beliefs your beloved white/black President had until 2012.

I get it man, it's all good.

Your family for your entire life told you your gay thoughts need to be suppressed, that they were wrong, and that your attraction to a penis is the devils emotion.

You don't have to live in fear of your own self hate. Well accept you for whoever you are. You don't have to live in fear anymore.

You little gay devil you, go set the world on fire...

Now who's complaining about someone else's free speech?

I didn't complain. I was making a point. GLAAD was trying to shut down a show because of Robertson views. I won't ever back a boycott, because to me free speech is equal. As ignorant as i believe some may be. I say let it all fly. Ed Schultz thinks a conservative woman who is a cancer survivor, is a 'slut'. No boycott there. Melissa Harris Perry thinks that a adopted black child is a 'that' and makes a political statement. No boycott there. Let people have their say, and voice your own opinion. But boycotts are not needed.

Except its consensual sex between two adults. So that analogy is ridiculous

You have a reading comprehension problem. I didn't equate pedophilia to homosexuality, clearly is different. What I equated was that if you say gays are born that way, then you have to say phedophiles are as well and we should not judge them for their desires.

but teabagger is not a derogatory term. its a adjective, propagated on PMSNBC and CNN.:up:

Actually, it's what the Tea Party people were calling themselves before they knew it had a sexual connotation, so the fact that it's a running joke now is something of their own doing.

Back
Top Bottom