[Merged] Moss already a problem for Patsies??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Merged] Moss already a problem for Patsies???

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

I noticed Randy Moss is wearing jersey #6 I thought there was an NFL rule
on jersey numbers based on position?
I know a few years back they changed the rule somewhat so Keyshaw Johnson could wear #19 and now many WR's wear numbers in the teens,however to my knowledge single digit numbers are for QB's and kickers.

Anyone have some info thanks, not that big a deal just curious as to what changed in terms of the rule.

Yeah, I don't think he can play the season with #6. However, I think he can practice in these mini camps with it, but he needs to switch it before TC. Reggie Bush practices with #5 for the Saints before switching to #25.

Yeah, I don't think he can play the season with #6. However, I think he can practice in these mini camps with it, but he needs to switch it before TC. Reggie Bush practices with #5 for the Saints before switching to #25.

Yeah, actually Reggie Bush petitioned the league to change the rule last year so he could keep the #5...he didnt win the petition:wink:

not sure this thread belongs in the Phins forum, but here is the info anyway.

NFL Rule 5, Section 1, Article 4)

All players must wear numerals on their jerseys in accordance with Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c (see NOTE 1), and such numerals must be by playing position as follows: quarterbacks, punters, and placekickers, 1-19 (and 10-19 for wide receivers if 80-89 are all otherwise assigned); running backs and defensive backs, 20-49; centers, 50-59 (60-79 if 50-59 unavailable); offensive guards and tackles, 60-79; wide receivers and tight ends, 80-89; defensive lineman, 60-79 (90-99 if 60-79 unavailable); and linebackers 50-59 (90-99 if 50-59 unavailable).

During the preseason period when rosters are larger, the League will allow duplication and other temporary deviations from the numbering scheme specified above, but the rule must be adhered to for all players during the regular season and postseason.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-jers-nums

not sure this thread belongs in the Phins forum, but here is the info anyway.

NFL Rule 5, Section 1, Article 4)

All players must wear numerals on their jerseys in accordance with Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c (see NOTE 1), and such numerals must be by playing position as follows: quarterbacks, punters, and placekickers, 1-19 (and 10-19 for wide receivers if 80-89 are all otherwise assigned); running backs and defensive backs, 20-49; centers, 50-59 (60-79 if 50-59 unavailable); offensive guards and tackles, 60-79; wide receivers and tight ends, 80-89; defensive lineman, 60-79 (90-99 if 60-79 unavailable); and linebackers 50-59 (90-99 if 50-59 unavailable).

During the preseason period when rosters are larger, the League will allow duplication and other temporary deviations from the numbering scheme specified above, but the rule must be adhered to for all players during the regular season and postseason.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-jers-nums
Good stuff.

It always cracks me up when numbers are used more than once for players though. It always throws the announcers into a panic.

Good I'm happy for them. I really hope that Randy puts a huge black cloud over that organization, like what Ricky has done to this one. Were coming out from under the cloud and hopefully they are going into it. They may have just got too greedy, broke the Pat tradition and spent the money on the name and not the player.

Nice! Just one time I wanna see him come across middle. I'm sure Mr.Thomas and Mr.Porter would love to say hello...

Good I'm happy for them. I really hope that Randy puts a huge black cloud over that organization, like what Ricky has done to this one. Were coming out from under the cloud and hopefully they are going into it. They may have just got too greedy, broke the Pat tradition and spent the money on the name and not the player.

I hope his great work ethic rubs of on his teammates.:evil:

Nice! Just one time I wanna see him come across middle. I'm sure Mr.Thomas and Mr.Porter would love to say hello...

That image reminds me of Jason Taylor standing over Grossman lying face down in the dirt.:evil::fire::ninja:

Do any of you think this could be some weird ploy by Belicheck playing with the media?

Thats awesome and a wake up call to all you people that said we should get moss hes got no heart then and no heart now. He is just as shelfish as he always will be. I hope welker punches him in the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom