[MERGED] NFLTA: Miami has $44 Million in Cap Space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] NFLTA: Miami has $44 Million in Cap Space

Nighthawk

Starter
Reaction score
I am sitting here watching NFL network and the ticker on the bottom says the Fins are 44 mil under the cap? Is this possible and could someone with a little knowledge in the area enlighten those of us who plainly do not understand the way the cap works. I would appreciate it. :unsure:

We've got some cap gurus around here, unfortunately I am not one of them. I think the number that NFL Network is putting out is the cap space now, but I don't think it takes into account that we must resign some players on the current roster, which leads us to the 31 million number being pushed around other sites. Once again this is just a guess on my part, by no means do I know it to be a fact.

I'll go with the 44 mil #. I heard like 20-30 mil in January so its not far fetched since booker,ZT,Green and others held up a good chunk of dough. time to get Alan Faneca!

2008 Cap Room

I was just watching NFL access from the combine and they just reported that the Fins have the most cap room of any team with $44mil....... Let's use it wisely and bring in some talent....

I hope we have an active off season because i cant go through what happened last year again.

I believe y'all are getting a cap credit of about $4 million.........still working on the details

:foundout:

NFLTA: Miami has $44 Million in Cap Space

According to Adam Scheftner, we are #1 in the league in cap space with $44 million dollars...

DAMN!!!

$44 in cap money

Question for you all. We have 44 milllion in cap space. Do we save some of it for next year, say spend 30 save 14? See how the team does this year then have more $$ to go after the pieces we need next year. Thoughts.

honestly , use google and do some home work.

cap space is just a number one can spend in a game year.It goes back to zero and then you subtract salary`s of all the players in contract to get the cap space left for future contracts.

Question for you all. We have 44 milllion in cap space. Do we save some of it for next year, say spend 30 save 14? See how the team does this year then have more $$ to go after the pieces we need next year. Thoughts.

Nahhhh....spend it all. It's kind of like looking at a Ferrari next to a Corvette......spend it all on the best car and never look back. :winkwink:

no you save alot of it. WE ARE REBUILDING. get a few big name young guys and the rest to fill our roster and thats it.

how sweet it is to b number one at something in this leauge

Back
Top Bottom