MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Has anyone even seen a game on TV? I'm anxious to see the Avs & the new look NHL.

the games are on the outdoor network(i think thats the name of it) on mondays or tuesdays, i have center ice so i get to watch a lot of games :D

SMadison29 said:
Has anyone even seen a game on TV? I'm anxious to see the Avs & the new look NHL.

Seen any games? I've seen all 5 Flyer games along with the Penguins-Sabres game a few weeks ago on OLN. I may have missed a few since OLN is not a channel i check very much, but i usually try to watch every NHL game on. But watching OLN is tough, because Bill Clement is the Joe Theismann of the NHL. He annoys the hell out of me. I dont mind Keith Jones since he's big in Philly, having played for the Flyers and been a sports personality for a while now. But Clement a former Flyer himself, was just one person i could not stand when it came to off ice commentating. Other than that OLN has been fine......

SMadison29 said:

Up here it is tough to NOT see a game at least once a day...between Sportsnet showing a game every other day, TSN showing a game every other day and the CBC Saturday double headers...

The "New" NHL is good....but not all the way there yet. It is better then the crap hockey fans have watched for the last decade but it is not exactly the freewheeling 80's yet. The officials are still working out the kinks as well. The flow of the game has increased though....very long stretches of end to end play with no whistles. I watched a Canucks game last week in which the 3rd period was 9 minutes old before there was a whistle. That makes the game better.

Have not caught the Av's live yet but I am keeping up with them (they are my 2nd team...when Ray Bourque went there I kind of adopted them. I always liked them as the Nordiques as well...it's a Joe Sakic thing.)

The Av's are in a strange place right now. After years of free spending and trading away top prospects for rental players they have some rebuilding to do. Pierre Lacroix has done such a good job drafting for the last decade though that the rebuild should be quick.

A couple of their young guys (Svatos, Wolski and Budaj) are playing a lot...and quite well. They have a couple of good yougsters (Stastny and Stoa) who are a year or two away as well.

The salary cap will force Lacroix to build the team the way he did originally. Draft a ton of young, skilled players and let them grow up in the NHL. Then he has ammo to make trades.

They are hovering around .500 right now but I think once Hejduk returns the power play will pick it up and they will start scoring more. They are in the toughest division in the NHL but, that being said I still thiink they make the playoffs.

make that 6-1, they are a team to watch with a lot of speed, and now Gaborik back it just makes them better

Thank God I grabbed Jagr in the third round of my draft. Also, another leafs win thats 4 in a row. There looking very good right now!

Sabres put away Jagr and the Rangers 3-1.

Miller great again, Lundqvist looked great though.

Sabres are flying down the ice. They're perfect for the new NHL.

Rangers collapse coming early this season

:( miller is a great goalie...especially since hes on my Fantasy team

Crisis said:
Sabres put away Jagr and the Rangers 3-1.

Miller great again, Lundqvist looked great though.

Sabres are flying down the ice. They're perfect for the new NHL.

Miller has been great...word is he is a LOCK for Team USA at the Olympics...maybe as the number 2 guy.

Back
Top Bottom