MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

wpgfishfan said:
How can you guys cry about your owners???

Did they move your team to the desert???

At least you still have a team

Okay, you win the owner b!tchfest.

Quebec, Winnipeg and Hartford got absolutely screwed. Minnesota did too, but at least they got an expansion team later. And fans of the Nords don't have a lot to complain about because the team reached new heights in large part BECAUSE they moved to Denver.

But the Jets/Coyotes haven't done anything since going to Phoenix, and save the one year they made the Finals, the Whalers/Hurricanes haven't drawn flies in Greensboro. Of course, they didn't have a great attendance record in Hartford, either.

Maybe we should move the Hurricanes to Winnipeg. :up:

FiN.in.RI said:
Roenick will be a Bruin.

Yay. Only three years past the point where he was any good.

Why do I get the feeling that Joe Thornton will walk, and they'll sign Roenick and package him as a worthy replacement?

Up here we will take anyone. Since the Jets left town we are shoved with Toronto, Toronto, Toronto which makes it even worse

Where is Crosby going???

I say he forces a trade if he goes to a small market team. He will make his 850,00 a year no matter where he goes but if the Leafs,Habs or Rangers get him he will rake in the endorsements

Reports on Toronto radio are that even though the players over in Europe are still voting, enough players over here have voted yes that the deal will be ratified.

First off, my team is the Colorado Avalanche. Second off, this is for everyone. Who do you think will be the best overall player avaliable in FA. Right now I'm gonna say Bill Guerin, but a lot still has to happen.

RWhitney014 said:
OK, so we've got Bryan Berard and Alexei Zhamnov. That's about it...I'll throw in Jocelyn Thibault and Jarkko Ruutu as legit NHLers...I mean, the team had a goalie named Passmore for a few years...not a good sign.

Zhamnov isn't with the Blackhawks anymore. He's actually not on any team right now. He's a FA- Chicago traded him to the Phailures last year at the deadline. As far as some guys who ARE Blackhawks though: Eric Daze, Mark Bell, Jim Vandermeer.

FireWrongstedt said:
Zhamnov isn't with the Blackhawks anymore. He's actually not on any team right now. He's a FA- Chicago traded him to the Phailures last year at the deadline. As far as some guys who ARE Blackhawks though: Eric Daze, Mark Bell, Jim Vandermeer.

See, I was going to say Daze, but I thought he got moved to Edmonton.

FaninPatsyLand said:
This is true, it's a shame the NHL left Winnipeg and Quebec, and even Hartford. The Bruins and Whalers had a nice little rivalry going before they moved them to Carolina. Hockey shouldn't exist in the South, its a shame. They should bring the sport back to places where people actually care.

I couldn't agree more. It's a travesty that there's no NHL in Quebec City and Winnipeg. Certain markets in the south COULD work- like Florida and Dallas- big areas with a good base of fans to draw from, plus in Florida, there are a lot of northern transplants that like hockey. But places like Carolina and Nashville shouldn't have nor do they deserve an NHL team.

genx23 said:
Reports on Toronto radio are that even though the players over in Europe are still voting, enough players over here have voted yes that the deal will be ratified.

They said that on the FAN 590? I'm gonna have to stream that b*tch.

FireWrongstedt said:

Even better, the best-known player isn't there anymore. I've heard of Daze, so I'll give you that. Point is, does a team with stars like Mark Bell and Jim Vandermeer have any chance of winning?

RWhitney014 said:
Even better, the best-known player isn't there anymore. I've heard of Daze, so I'll give you that. Point is, does a team with stars like Mark Bell and Jim Vandermeer have any chance of winning?[/QUOTE

Bell and Vandermeer aren't even their stars. They have some promising young talent in Jarko Ruutuu and a couple of up-and-coming young d-men in Cam Barker and Brent Seabrook. Ruutuu will be the face of that franchise for the next 15 years if they don't get Crosby, and for good reason- Ruutuu is going to be an amazing player.

FireWrongstedt said:
RWhitney014 said:
Even better, the best-known player isn't there anymore. I've heard of Daze, so I'll give you that. Point is, does a team with stars like Mark Bell and Jim Vandermeer have any chance of winning?[/QUOTE

Bell and Vandermeer aren't even their stars. They have some promising young talent in Jarko Ruutuu and a couple of up-and-coming young d-men in Cam Barker and Brent Seabrook. Ruutuu will be the face of that franchise for the next 15 years if they don't get Crosby, and for good reason- Ruutuu is going to be an amazing player.

I mentioned Ruutu. Unfortunately, you never know which prospects will pan out, and three players will not make a team, especially when two are defensemen. If I were a casual Hawks fan, I wouldn't care. Most people don't even know how to say the best player's name.

FireWrongstedt said:
They said that on the FAN 590? I'm gonna have to stream that b*tch.

I was actually listening to Leafs Lunch on 640Toronto. They'll also have the NHLPA's press conference live at 4.

best FA available? shoot there are alot of them

kariya
cujo
shanahan
leclair
amonte
Tkachuk(my fave free agent)

Back
Top Bottom