MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Have a feeling the Cup is making its return to Canada...

Habs or Sens will take it home...

I think the Sabres will be a serious contender in years to come though, Miller getting more playing time, Vanek still developing and getting better each game, a lot of young guns on this team. Hell, get some blue line help and Miller back healthy and they could make a run now.

dominizzo said:
yaaa ok NYR the Worst team in NHL the LAst 7 years and counting

Stop hating man, the Rangers are doing their thing. Jagr is going to get serious MVP consideration if he keeps it up and the Rangers will make the playoffs for sure!

Crisis said:
Have a feeling the Cup is making its return to Canada...

Habs or Sens will take it home...

I think the Sabres will be a serious contender in years to come though, Miller getting more playing time, Vanek still developing and getting better each game, a lot of young guns on this team. Hell, get some blue line help and Miller back healthy and they could make a run now.

I really can't see the Habs or Sabres making a push. Simply because I don't think they have the size to beat a team like the Flyers or a talented team like the Sens. Sure Daniel Briere, Chris Drury and co. can wreck some havoc during the season but I'd like to see them in a tight checking, high intensity environment like the NHL playoffs. They need to make the playoffs first, which is hardly a given...

As for the Habs, they've gone cold in recent games and I don't like some of the prospective matchup the playoffs could cause for them. I think a team like Philly or TB could run them over.

If you're looking for a team to make a run I'd take Carolina. Game tonight isn't over but they're the only team I've actually seen outplay the Sens and they're doing it again tonight...
And shame on those who are mocking the Rangers. They're actually decent this year, in part because Jaromir is playing like he can, arguably, he's the most gifted goalscorer on the planet.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Stop hating man, the Rangers are doing their thing. Jagr is going to get serious MVP consideration if he keeps it up and the Rangers will make the playoffs for sure!

Philly is 10 times better than NYR

dominizzo said:
Philly is 10 times better than NYR

Sadly the standings dont say that.....I think the Rangers are a quality club this year and will return to the playoffs. But are they better than the Sens, Canes, Flyers and Habs? Well who knows. Philly hasn't played it's best hockey, and i dont know when we will, we've quietly lost 3 straight but come playoff time as a team that's BEEN there i think we'd have the edge over any eastern team. Hopefully we catch fire sometime and start playing the way we should.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

They might make the playoffs. They aren't winning the cup though. Homey.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Sadly the standings dont say that.....I think the Rangers are a quality club this year and will return to the playoffs. But are they better than the Sens, Canes, Flyers and Habs? Well who knows. Philly hasn't played it's best hockey, and i dont know when we will, we've quietly lost 3 straight but come playoff time as a team that's BEEN there i think we'd have the edge over any eastern team. Hopefully we catch fire sometime and start playing the way we should.

The only team I could see beating the Flyers is Ottawa. Tampa Bay made a HUGE mistake in letting Khabibulin go (I know they had limited cap space, but as good as St.Louis is- Khabibulin was more important to that team winning the Cup BY FAR), and no other team in the East has the goaltending to get to the Finals, besides my team, but we don't have enough of anything else. If Hasek can keep it up, I think Ottawa brings the Cup back to Canada.

FireWrongstedt said:
:lol: :lol: :rofl3: On what? a North American tour?

lol, ironically it (The Cup) came to a mall local to us 2 years ago. I saw it and took some pictures, it was pretty cool. I wish i knew what i did with those damn pictures though.

FireWrongstedt said:
The only team I could see beating the Flyers is Ottawa. Tampa Bay made a HUGE mistake in letting Khabibulin go (I know they had limited cap space, but as good as St.Louis is- Khabibulin was more important to that team winning the Cup BY FAR), and no other team in the East has the goaltending to get to the Finals, besides my team, but we don't have enough of anything else. If Hasek can keep it up, I think Ottawa brings the Cup back to Canada.
Montreal is starting to look like they could do it. Hell the way the NHL is now any of the Canadian teams have a shot at the title. GOD I LOVE THE SALARY CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dominizzo said:
yaaa ok NYR the Worst team in NHL the LAst 7 years and counting

ya know its funny, youd think if we were the worst wed ge tat least 1 #1 pick

:rolleyes:

and the first domino falls....the yearly forsberg injury begins

Peter Forsberg scored two goals and added an assist before sitting out the third period with a right groin strain as the Philadelphia Flyers beat the Boston Bruins 5-3 on Friday.

Simon Gagne had a goal and two assists and Antero Niitymaki made 25 saves, as the Flyers sent the Bruins to their seventh loss in eight games, and fourth consecutive at home.

Forsberg scored the game winner with 6:54 left in the second period, putting home the rebound of Gagne's shot. The Flyers said Forsberg is as day to day.

leafs got robbed last night against carolina that puck went over the line

Back
Top Bottom