MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

phunwin said:
Why do I get the feeling that Joe Thornton will walk, and they'll sign Roenick and package him as a worthy replacement?

If Jacobs lets Thornton walk, I really believe B's fans will let him have it. That would absolutely be the LAST straw.

He's been telling every Bruins fan for the past few years that he didn't want to overextend his financial resources because it would handicap the franchise when the eventual salary cap was implemented. He's got no more crutch anymore.

Time to ADMIN EDIT - Please do not bypass the profanity filter or get off the pot.

FaninPatsyLand said:
If Jacobs lets Thornton walk, I really believe B's fans will let him have it. That would absolutely be the LAST straw.

He's been telling every Bruins fan for the past few years that he didn't want to overextend his financial resources because it would handicap the franchise when the eventual salary cap was implemented. He's got no more crutch anymore.

Time to s*it or get off the pot.

Sorry, Fan, but look for the Panthers to have a lot of interest in a guy like Thornton. He's exactly what we need.

RWhitney014 said:
Sorry, Fan, but look for the Panthers to have a lot of interest in a guy like Thornton. He's exactly what we need.

It wouldn't be the first time the Bruins let a player walk. We Bruins fans have become all too familiar with that recently. Letting Guerin go to Tom Hicks (I hate that guy for so many reasons, I don't even know where to begin) has been the absolute lowest point. If he lets Thornton walk, that would rank up there.

FaninPatsyLand said:
It wouldn't be the first time the Bruins let a player walk. We Bruins fans have become all too familiar with that recently. Letting Guerin go to Tom Hicks (I hate that guy for so many reasons, I don't even know where to begin) has been the absolute lowest point. If he lets Thornton walk, that would rank up there.

I do...A-Rod!

:lol:

RWhitney014 said:
I do...A-Rod!

:lol:

:rofl3:

That whole situation was a disaster, and just proved what a **** Hicks really is.

Although I can't complain after what happened last October.

oooh i just cant wait until later!!! gonna break out mah new Rangers jersey....WOO!!

teams now have 6 days to buyout contracts at 2/3 of their contracts.

Flyers bought out LeClair and Amonte today.

I've been a Flyers fan since the mid-70's...looks like LeClair and Amonte are done....damn, salary cap....I live in Colorado so the Aves have been my 2nd team for the past ten years.....I doubt Forsberg and Kariya remain with the Aves,.,,,lots of good players are gonna be salary cap hits.

clear.gif

5ba28bd191d6fee15bd97c28b02b51_sm-1.gif

With Carter and Richards as reinforcements, the Flyers are ready for new blood.
Amonte and Leclair did not merit the hefty salary they received even after the 24% rollback.
I'm waiting to see how the Penguins are going to do.
Malkin, Crosby and Fleury form a pretty select group. Let's see if they can attract some nice FA's. Recchi's a good start.

red wings place on waivers:

hatcher
mccarty

habs do not pick up option on brisbeois

And Ray Whitney, free from Detroit. Anyone should be able to figure out that I like him and want him to go back to Florida.

Brian Savage was also cut by Phoenix.

I love Hockey, i love The Flyers and i cant wait for it to get back on the ice come October. I wish they would lower ticket prices to my dad could get me to some games, we could afford it but it's pointless paying that much money for poor seats. I'm glad they have the rule changes and the new salary cap, it really makes the competition closer and more even.

Back
Top Bottom