Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

He would need a year or so to sit. He has all the tools, if I'm Saban I don't worry about his footwork or mechanics at all, I worry about if he can handle a pro offense, make sure he can handle an NFL playbook.
He dosn't stare recievers down, dosn't make too many bad throws, has a good feel for pressure, and makes some really good plays. But he definatly isn't a quick fix, he needs to learn and develop, but this guy has first round talent, and would have been if he didn't get hurt and have a very dissapointing game against Boise State on ESPN. A buddy of mine that knows him well told me that he was going through some personal problems the first few weeks of school, and they were really affecting his play.

I've seen him play nearly every start he has made, and the majority of them live. Hell I lived the floor above the guy last year and he spent alot of time playing Madden in the guy across the hall from me room. Nice guy, pretty quiet though. I'll give you guys a full writeup of my opinion of him when I get a chance in the next few days. I'll try to be as non-bias as possible, because I've noticed flaws in his game I can point out. But for right now, I'd say this guy could be a major steal in the 3rd-4th round, and might be perfect for a Linehan style offense.

I'd take him in the 2nd round, despite him having a down year... but he plays in a system at BG that is similar to Linehan's down here.

Our QB of the future has Declared !

:evil: NCAA | O. Jacobs to declare for NFL Draft
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:18:12 -0800

ESPNews reports Bowling Green junior QB <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/13502/nfl">Omar Jacobs will declare for the 2006 NFL Draft.

wow, I for one would not mind grabbing Omar in the 3rd if we miss out on Cutler. It would probably take the same amount of time to develop him.

There for a second, I was worried you were talking about Marcus Vick. I guess he hasn't officially declared yet, though.

Jimmy James said:
There for a second, I was worried you were talking about Marcus Vick. I guess he hasn't officially declared yet, though.

After what happened to Vick today, I wouldn't be suprised to see go ahead and entering this year's draft. Although I really don't think that he will be drafted high at all.

Jacobs won't be a high draft pick because he hasn't played that well this season and that really made his draft stock low. It would be nice to draft him in the 3rd or 4th round because he seems like a QB that could fit in with the offense.

If 25 passing touch downs and 9 interceptions is a disappointing season than gus frerotte had a horrible season

weisdolphins said:
If 25 passing touch downs and 9 interceptions is a disappointing season than gus frerotte had a horrible season
His first year starting he went 41-4. 25-9 is pale in comparison, but he didn't play a few games that would have really boosted his numbers.

He has some potential. But do we really want a guy who could take 3 or 4 years to develop before he could start (if ever). I feel like Saban is wanting someone who can step in in two years or less. I don't think Jacobs is that guy. Well see.

SCall13 said:
He has some potential. But do we really want a guy who could take 3 or 4 years to develop before he could start (if ever). I feel like Saban is wanting someone who can step in in two years or less. I don't think Jacobs is that guy. Well see.

Well said. He's not the answer.

madmike said:
He will be a draft bust if you take him in rd 1-3. did not impress me plus did not play top competition.

So if you take him 4-7 he won't be a bust? Come on thats stupid. He DID play top competion. He should have beat Wisconsin this year, but his team wasn't catching the ball and he played Oklahoma last year when they were ranked 2 for his first start and didn't turn the ball over and put up some decent numbers. He also plays some pretty solid MAC teams that have produced some starting quality pros.

As I said in the other thread about him, I'm going to do a full review of what skills he has and what his flaws are. I've seen him play mucho grande. And please, don't knock the kid till you've seen him play 2-3 games at least. That should be without saying for any prospect. Some of you guys jump to conclusions bassed on assumptions and write ups from other people who are just assuming.

Ohhhh boy, can't wait for the Dolphins - Jacobs threads

And they shall now be resurrected and fill our forum with glory.

Omar Jacobs is declaring for the draft, let the 5000 threads start about "giving him a shot" :rolleyes:

Schleprock said:
And they shall now be resurrected and fill our forum with glory.

Omar Jacobs is declaring for the draft, let the 5000 threads start about "giving him a shot" :rolleyes:

Go to the draft forum (where this thread will be moved to in seconds) and you will see the deluge has already begun.

Back
Top Bottom