[MERGED] PFT-Pats Filmed Rams Walk-Through at SB XXXVI | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] PFT-Pats Filmed Rams Walk-Through at SB XXXVI

no other NFL teams do this, the pats were warned by the league multiple times because the other teams were complaining about it, you cannot respect anything they do or have accomplished now as this cheating scandal widens, god brady may have had every play the defense was running before he snapped the ball in his early years, that can build confidence and make him a better QB now

Just like in practice. When he's going against his own defense, it's easy pickens. He has that look of the cheater on his face. Like, oh no, they're on to me! LOL!!! I don't think that their cheating plan would have ever worked with Drew Bledsoe behind center. That has always been mysterious to me too. An outta nowhere rookie backup would be the best pawn for their plan. Brady fit the bill to a T.

What would be the penalties now?

After all this information about the Patriots and the cheating scandals, what would be the additional penalities for them? What would be the max GoodHell could give them? Could he force them to give up their ring vs the Rams or possibly ban BB?

this has a big chance of blowing sky high, no more madison avenue tom, no more models, you know brady is just as involved, he has everthing to lose

If the Patriots did nothing wrong, WHY did the NFL burn the tapes????

I will tell you why, because the NFL doesn't want it's image tarnished and have the league champions tarnished for their cheating. This whole thing smells.

After all this information about the Patriots and the cheating scandals, what would be the additional penalities for them? What would be the max GoodHell could give them? Could he force them to give up their ring vs the Rams or possibly ban BB?

He can still take away additional picks, he can fine them some more, and yes, he has the power to take away their SB trophies. I think losing their #7 overall pick this year would be a good start.

you dont think other coaches do that too? I believe it was parcells that said u have to be stupid if u think no one is taping your signals.

I know of other teams that have bought audio tapes, but certainly not videos of practice sessions.

Sorry but its to late to punish them further. Goodell made it seem like they cheated 1 game. But in fact it was alot of tapes. He looked at the big picture and destroyed the tapes.

I am thoroughly enjoying this. I would much rather have all this happen now than earlier in the season when I wondered what rug this all got swept under. Keep praying BB that it'll all go away! Keep praying Brady that you were actually an "elite" QB with pure skills and not a clear advantage. Keep praying Goodell that you won't be roasted and tossed in the same fire as BB and his band of losers. Reap what you have sown!!!

Sorry but its to late to punish them further. Goodell made it seem like they cheated 1 game. But in fact it was alot of tapes. He looked at the big picture and destroyed the tapes.

No it's not, but I'm quickly becoming skeptical of Goddell.

I LOVED his stances on trouble causing players and fully supported him. I also loved the harsh penalties the Pats got (they WERE harsh considering what WE knew.

That said it's becoming more and more obvious that he knew about MUCH more going on, and that really pisses me off. He may have felt he was acting in the best interest of the NFL by covering up a huge cheating scandal, but WE have a right to know, and the Patriots must PAY for their bull****. Their "dynasty" is a farce, built out of bull **** trades and comp picks from overachieving players. Their QB has has the benefit of knowing exactly what a defense will do before they did it, their RB's know where the holes will be, and the WR's know when they'll have 1 on 1. This is obviously MUCH bigger than the NFL made it out to be and should have been handled accordingly. The other NFL teams have been robbed for the past how many years?

That said he can make "ammends". HARSHLY punish the Pats (and I mean HARSHLY, lose an entire draft, maybe two, and don't let them in the playoffs for at least one season), suspend bellicheat for a LONG stretch of time (I'm thinking a season at the MINIMUM), take away all their trophies since he got there, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, employ league "watchdogs" to keep tabs on teams to make sure this **** doesn't happen again. That guy needs FULL ACCESS to the teams video staff, audio, and anything the team compiles. Anyone with a camera on the sidelines needs to report to that man first, if the audio goes out he needs to be there to know about it, he needs to be there during pre game and film sessions. No more of excuses.

this has a big chance of blowing sky high, no more madison avenue tom, no more models, you know brady is just as involved, he has everthing to lose

Sky high is an understatement. This could expose every team in the league that had used video taping past and present.

Think about what an ex Miami head coach (who now works for fox) publically stated from his coaching days which started some 18 yrs ago. Think of how that could reflect on his time in both Dallas and Miami. He was quick to step out into the spotlight and admit he'd done it before and just as we're seeing with Belichick shouldn't Johnson also be thought as once a cheater always a cheater? Do any of you stop and think that Johnson could possibly bring down both of those teams? I'll bet he'd be more than willing to testify for the senator. He'd probably bring a list of names of the coahes he knew were doing the same.
My point is this will never end and the real losers in all this will surely be the fans.
If any of you really believe this won't go league wide but will only be confined to NE, then many are going to be in for a rude awakening once this flood gate really opens.

I guess now we know how the Pats never missed a beat after loosing Star players, top notch coaches and etc. There whole legacy is tainted and i love it, I suspect they came up with a new way to cheat this year, there advantage in a parity driven league LEAVES LOTS AND LOTS OF QUESTIONS???

Sky high is an understatement. This could expose every team in the league that had used video taping past and present.

Think about what an ex Miami head coach (who now works for fox) publically stated from his coaching days which started some 18 yrs ago. Think of how that could reflect on his time in both Dallas and Miami. He was quick to step out into the spotlight and admit he'd done it before and just as we're seeing with Belichick shouldn't Johnson also be thought as once a cheater always a cheater? Do any of you stop and think that Johnson could possibly bring down both of those teams? I'll bet he'd be more than willing to testify for the senator. He'd probably bring a list of names of the coahes he knew were doing the same.
My point is this will never end and the real losers in all this will surely be the fans.
If any of you really believe this won't go league wide but will only be confined to NE, then many are going to be in for a rude awakening once this flood gate really opens.

Fortunately the Dolphins didn't have a cheater at their helm while they went undefeated :)

But seriously, IF it were brought to our attention that the 72 dolphins had cheated, I would be sorely disappointed.

We all know that EVERY team tries to push the envelope, no one is disuputing that, but the Patriots didn't just cross the line..the skull ****ed it, threw it in the dirt, stomped on it and walked to the other side. There is NO excuse for how badly this situation has been handled. Hiring someone to intercept signs is one thing, having a cameraman illegally doing it on the field is another, and filming a teams walk through prior to a game (championship or not) is reprehensible by ANY standards. I'm disappointed in patriots, I'm disappointed in the NFL, and if the dolphins did such I'll be heartbroken. But until that day, I'm gonna smile and laugh whenever someone brings up how brilliant bellicheat is, or how brady could be the best ever. Whether there are more sanctions by the league or the gov't, we now know the Patriots haven't been playing fair for a long long time.

Couldn't have happened to a better team. :up:

this taints the entire NFL...the Patriots might be the worst offenders but you can be certain they arent or werent the only ones..Hopefully this will spur the NFL to clean this crap up ther is no room for this type of garbadge as far as cheating goes.

As far as what ramifications happen to the Pats because of this probably none.. 2001 was a long time ago.. the Pats legacy ?? tainted for certain and good fodder for debate but no real punishment will be issued.

Back
Top Bottom