Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic.

unifiedtheory said:
I don't usually care about a so called "personal attack" but for you...I'll care. Enjoy the points.:wink:

That wasnt a personal attack

i said your making yourself LOOK stupid

Not that your stupid because I dont think you are

Taking cheap shots at me for things ive said is just as much of a personal attack but I dont complain about it

That is the most overrated part of the combine. if you want to see how smart they are give them the SATs or the ACTs, I think that would be a better measurement of intelligence.

PatsSuck456 said:
That is the most overrated part of the combine. if you want to see how smart they are give them the SATs or the ACTs, I think that would be a better measurement of intelligence.

But thats just it, the Wonderlic isnt designed to be a pure "intelligence" test, anymore than "literacy" defines "reading comphrension".

Its designed to see if people can apply intelligence to solve problems in the form of questions.

The test is designed to measure one's ability to:
· Learn a specific job

· Solve problems
· Understand instructions
· Apply knowledge to new situations
· Benefit from specific job training
· Be satisfied with a particular problem

I am not defending it as part of NFL on field results, just trying to explain what it is. The Wonderlic Personnel Test is not a neuropsychological instrument per se, but is used to help evaluate vocational abilities and potential for comparison with other neuropsychological tests in making practical prognostic decisions.

unifiedtheory said:
He does'nt have the arm to be a good NFL quarterback and NOW he has the intelligence of a potted plant...

Great.

I'm laughing at you Alex22...trying to spin this to Vince Young's favour. A running Q.B. with a horrid delivery, who has'nt taken snaps from center, has mediocer accuracy (I don't care about the 75% thing...I've yet to see him fit passes into tight windows) and NOW he is officially an idiot.

I'll be laughing at what ever team drafts him....he will set their franchise back 5 years.
You can laugh all you want but you don't know just like I don't know just like nobody else knows. You can assume all you want but untill those five years pass you haven't the slightest idea. Ryan Leaf was suppose to be the second coming and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

You DO have to figure in a possible learning dissablity as well. I have a friend who has a near photographic memory but also has a learning dissablity. It dosnt mean your dumb (He is actually a VERY smart guy) just that you only process information in certain ways. Some are visual learners, like my friend who can remeber anything he reads, and some learn by hearing. My friend can recall anything he reads but if you tell him somthing he forgets things at an astonishing rate. The differance is pretty striking actually. Its possible Young has a similar type of issue.

For the record, I'm not sure if I completely believe it. I mean, it wouldn't shock me if Young scored in the teens, but a 6 is just downright awful.

It would be like Reggie Bush running a 4.8 40.

This shouldn't surprise anyone thats seen him in an interview.

Alex22 said:
And on the field he did process that info just fine

So why worry about how he processes off the field

Maybe he is a stupid guy, that doesnt make him a stupid player at all

making a quick read is nothing like picking which month comes 6th in the year

How about learning a playbook and then knowing it cold? Some of these playbooks are pretty thick (so is Vince Young, apparently).
Jim Druckenmiller had a great arm, but he was overmatched intellectually in the NFL and his physical ability did him no good.

jlfin said:
How about learning a playbook and then knowing it cold? Some of these playbooks are pretty thick (so is Vince Young, apparently).
Jim Druckenmiller had a great arm, but he was overmatched intellectually in the NFL and his physical ability did him no good.

Most players problems are they get frustrated easy and thats their phycological block they cant pass, not intelligence

Like I said before Ive heard him break down the USC defense and talk about what they had to do before that game so i know he has FOOTBALL knowledge, some guys dont study to be smart they study football

chris84chambers said:
i bet ricky scored good, he is very smart.
Yeah, I know he is smart. Earlier I researched it, and found out he scored a 30. So yeah, that's pretty good. :p

SkapePhin said:
Thats pretty good for a football player.. High among RBs as well.

Yeah, it's pretty good period.

The average football player is about a 19. Average person is about 21.

5 Sample questions, from the Wonderlic website http://www.wonderlic.com/Products/sample_tests.asp?prod_id=4
Don't hurt yourselves.

1. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for sixty cents?

2. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one:
1 true, 2 false, 3 not certain?
The boy plays baseball.
All baseball players wear hats.
The boy wears a hat.

3. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will 4 pads cost?

4. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?
Nieman, K.M.
Neiman, K.M.
Thomas, G.K.
Thomas, C.K.
Hoff, J.P.
Hoff, J.P.
Pino, L.R.
Pina, L.R.
Warner, T.S.
Wanner, T.S.

5. RESENT RESERVE  Do these words 1 have similar meanings, 2 have contradictory meanings, 3 mean neither the same nor opposite?

Back
Top Bottom